No announcement yet.

Riverdale "Chapter Three: Body Double"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverdale "Chapter Three: Body Double"

What did you think of the third episode of Riverdale?
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Deserving of a Sticky Maple
    0%

I gave it a 5.

I understood what they were going for with the plot regarding all the girls, but it felt like filler to me—as well as stereotypical (Jocks with "score books").

Jughead's scenes were the only ones I really liked. The way he ripped that cherry off of that sundae was hilarious. The murder mystery stuff was good, too.

Alice being punched at the tasting event was straight out of Melrose Place. Why don't they just add Heather Locklear to the cast? I bet Madchen Amick is loving all the juicy lines she's been given...

Archie's dad's conversation with Grundy was NAUSEATING. There was enough double entendre in it to last a lifetime. I was happy Fred had a change of heart about Archie's music, though.

It was an ok episode. I'd like more focus on the murder mystery, though.

The trailer for next week looked interesting. Crazy theory: Could it be possible that Geraldine Grundy is actually Sabrina in disguise? Something seems amiss there. What is she hiding?

It's just an idea, I don't expect it to pan out

Comment

and again I am wondering why? just why isn't Jughead the lead in this show?

I cannot explain why but I am really uncomfortable with Archie's relationship with Miss Grundy. I cannot see Archie as a character I am rooting for in this show.

While the girls v boys storyline seemed simple I can't help but think there was something in that book that could connect to the murder case.

Can anyone tell me what is up with Sheryl? sexual inuendo, a REALLY BIG B, and then human?

Are the writer's trying to point Betty to us as the main suspect? that she is suffering from a split personality disorder? She technically has no alibi and Jason leaving town. Betty was out of town for the summer. I really doubt it though

Comment

Could've done without the stereotypical High School plot with the jocks.

How long has the school news paper been closed? The computers looked ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
          I am wondering why? just why isn't Jughead the lead in this show?
          I know. He's more likable than Archie and has had half as much screen time...

I can't help but think there was something in that book that could connect to the murder case.
          I wouldn't doubt it. Perhaps the name of another girl who didn't tolerate being thrown away like trash for "points?"

Can anyone tell me what is up with Sheryl? sexual inuendo, a REALLY BIG B, and then human?
          Yeah, the personality shifts make no sense.

Another thing that bothered me, which I forgot to mention, was that I found most of the characters way too melodramatic (Grundy overreacting even though her name wasn't mentioned, Veronica being so angry about a photo, Jason's mom punching Alice, and Betty going too far with Chuck). It was all just so over the top to me.

Originally posted by jon-el87
          Could've done without the stereotypical High School plot with the jocks.
          I agree. Also, Jughead said that kicking them off the team would have repercussions for "weeks to come," but I don't really see how.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
            I know. He's more likable than Archie and has had half as much screen time...

I wouldn't doubt it. Perhaps the name of another girl who didn't tolerate being thrown away like trash for "points?"

Yeah, the personality shifts make no sense.

Another thing that bothered me, which I forgot to mention, was that I found most of the characters way too melodramatic (Grundy overreacting even though her name wasn't mentioned, Veronica being so angry about a photo, Jason's mom punching Alice, and Betty going too far with Chuck). It was all just so over the top to me.

I agree. Also, Jughead said that kicking them off the team would have repercussions for "weeks to come," but I don't really see how.
            Maybe there's something in the water making everyone nuts.

Repercussion from the team. In theory, Archie's place would be more important because 5 starters and Jason Dead? either that or football is a cult and they might try to strike at Betty and Jug probable Veronica too. sponsors might dry up I guess.

Oh wait Archie and Miss Grundy's relationship will probably derail Archie for a while.

Two questions though: why did Jason want to leave? Given the weirdness of Sheryl maybe something is happening in that house.

Where did Betty get the Brunette wig? Is there something more to it? I mean did Betty disguise herself in it before perhaps to lure Jason out of town? I don't think Betty killed him.

Comment

The school newspaper computers are so old, they're the ones I had when I was in high school! I was just on set last week and saw them up close. It's kind of funny.

It'll be explained why Jason wanted to leave town sooner than you may think.

I actually have no issue with Cheryl's "personality shifts." I feel she's just very insecure and overdramatic and therefore her mood changes accordingly.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎