Canuck's Embassy

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I waited 4 hours in the emergency room before a doctor saw me, but in the end it was free

Comment

• ^ Yeahhh, universal health care!

And Boxing Day -- for those of you south of the 49th, that's our 'Black Friday' shopping savings bonanza day. Thanks, Queen Victoria.

Wow, 1,500 posts too! Might as well make a few maple syrup shout-outs to some of the Canadian content that pops into SV.

The blue Daily Planet news box? That's the box of the Toronto Star, the paper where Joe Shuster, Superman's illustrator got his first taste of the press as a paperboy. Even the masthead looks similar.

Chloe recuperates in the Yukon during S5's Arrival. The Yukon is one of three territories in Canada. Which means Lex must have pulled some strings with Foreign Affairs to get himself up there. And yes, we claim the location of the Fortress of Solitude, Clark surely picks up a double-double from Timmy's before checking in with Jor-El.

Oh, and Toronto's not on the radar on SV (well, other than the Daily Planet influence ). Vancouver's locations all over the place due to filming there, Clark actually goes to Montreal to find Edward Teague and tie up some Veritas loose ends ... but when is Lois, Ollie or whoever going to catch a connecting flight through T.O.'s Pearson Int'l Airport?! Hello, 20th busiest airport in the world?! The least Clark could do is barge into Watchtower someday and say: "Lex can't hide in Toronto forever. Someday, he'll have to go through Pearson."
      Last edited by President_Luthor; 12-18-2010, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
        The least Clark could do is barge into Watchtower someday and say: "Lex can't hide in Toronto forever. Someday, he'll have to go through Pearson."
        omg just imagine ... I would die from laughter! lol

Comment

• Anyone manage to get any good Boxing Day deals? I bought a PS3 from Future shop at just under $400 for my brother in law and a laptop for my sister in law at $500! Very good day of shopping!

Comment

• It makes me so happy that this thread still exists!

Since departing KSite for a while, I had the opportunity to visit Churchill, Manitoba, which is the self-professed polar bear (and beluga whale) capitol of the world. It was super cool to see such a different part of Canada. The wildlife was pretty awesome too. Has anyone else ever been to the arctic?

Comment

• With Nikita being picked up for Season 2, those of us in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area for those outside the 416 / 905 area) can indulge in more random picking out of Toronto / GTA locations and landmarks on the show.

A few that come to mind:

-They used the back of City Hall to stand for the UN building in New York. City Hall already had previous TV credits in Star Trek:TNG as an alien metropolis!

-It looks like Alex's Division loft is somewhere near the Entertainment District past the Princess of Wales theatre. (Or possibly Distillery District?). My guess it's King St. West, so we know Alex was eating well with all the bistros around.

-They've used Union Station, most recently for Nikita and CIA-guy Ryan's rendezvous about the black box.

-They used that defunct subway station under Bay Station that the tv shows and movies filming here use regularly. Michael must have queued up for next month's Metropass.

-Nikita escaped the Langley HQ via what looks like the underground PATH (a sort-of underground tunnel/shopping network) in Toronto's downtown financial district. Hey, she had to top up her RRSPs before dodging those CIA and Division kill-teams!

Let the summer begin, my maple-sugared brethren.

Comment

• The Smallville alumni presence in S. Ontario goes up this fall. Erica Durance is already in Toronto with Saving Hope ... and now Kristin Kreuk is going to be filming Beauty and the Beast. And Aaron Ashmore is also in T.O. with Warehouse 13.

Jimmy, Lois and Lana in the same town. (It must have something to do with Veritas, haha).

Comment

• Just stumbled onto this (older) article from The Star:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment...canuck-content

Like the article says, The CW could also mean "Canadians at Work", with three new dramas shot N of the 49th and two headlined by Canucks.

Comment

• I love all Canadians but what's all this fad for eating and drinking sap out of Maple trees? I tried it with an oak tree but nearly lost the blood supply to my lips. Can't see the attraction myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎