0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I began this episode with the idea in my head that: "its not gonna be Barry's fault" then the Flashpoint reference.

"I can do it faster on my own."-Julian. just how? Why is he a Speedster?

Is there any scenario where Killer Frost can stay a good guy/girl?

Really vibrate the train? What happened to what Barry did in the Captain Cold Train Scenario?

I honestly don't think K. Flash can get faster than Barry. its the catch up effect in economics in my opinion.

Essentially, K. Flash is growing at a faster rate because first he was slower and Barry is teaching him everything he knows. Like in this episode phasing through solid matter. Barry probably also taught him how to run faster based on what he learn from R. Flash/H. Wells when he traveled back in time last season. Theres just a point where Barry can't teach him anything new.

I still don't trust Julian but if he can keep K. Frost good I am good.

a five.

Comment

I don't think Julian was saying that in the sense of being a speedster, YutG. I think it was more like an arrogant thing where he thinks he can be a better, more effective worker than Catlin is when it comes to things like autopsies. That's basically Julian's thing--being an arrogant ass who thinks he can do things better than other does.

Anyways, I liked this episode. It was a character growth type of story, where we get to see that both Barry and Wally has their strengths and weaknesses. That as much as they try, they can't be perfect.... they can just be the best hero they can be right now at the moment.

however... I felt that the way they neutralized the FOTW was a cop-out. But hey, comic book world tends to run on comic book world logic, I guess. :P

Comment

I mostly liked this episode. The problem with the Flash these days is that at best it's a harmless show in the 6-7/10 category. It's lost the sizzle and the intrigue that it had in previous seasons.

Like I've said in the past, I'm not a fan of having 2 speedsters as part of Team Flash, but the one positive in all this is that it showcased how good Barry can be as a mentor and how much he has grown as the Flash. As for Wally, it was probably the first episode in a while where he didn't annoy me. While he was cocky at the start, his failure to save Iris finally humbled him a bit. The dynamic between Barry and Wally will be interesting from now on although, eventually, something will have to give.

Yorkin was nothing special as a villain of the week, but he was a good choice for what they were trying to accomplish. Hopefully Savitar will show up again once the Grodd 2-parter is over. Going 5 episodes without an appearance from the big bad is too much.

Not a fan of the Caitlin/Julian stuff because it's the ever predictable romantic plot unfolding before our eyes. And I'm not sure what it does for either character at this point. Caitlin has been involved in her fair share of these storylines and Julian was a far more interesting character before he joined Star Labs.

Thank God they didn't wait any longer to tell Joe about Iris. I was worried this would drag on for 10 episodes.

Julio Mendez!

P.S. Really getting tired of the pep talks that save the day. On all 4 Berlanti shows.

6.5/10.
        Last edited by costas22; 02-08-2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Secrets meant to protect someone end up backfiring - check

Character faces the tiniest bit of adversity and proceeds to doubt own abilities - check

Character gets a pep talk and then immediately defeats the bad guy utilizing a skill or tech they only just acquired - check

Characters blame themselves for things that aren't at all their fault - check

Completely made-up "science" nonsense saves the day - check

Guest character with no purpose initiates a conversation talking about the heroes they don't realize are sitting at the same table - check

One or more of the women cry big sad tears - check

Julian is a jerk, and then not a jerk - check

Completely forgettable FotW - check

This is what I'm talking about when I say these shows often feel like they were written by machines.

Comment

It was a fun episode, as in the predictable standard stuff we're used to seeing.

So Cisco can vibe into Flashpoint. At least there is a reminder of continuing fallout from that event. Unless Iris, Wally, or Joe die by season's end, or something like losing Caitlin to her KF side, Barry will most likely "get away" with his time meddling again, but who knows, maybe some consequences will stick. I have a feeling he's not losing any sleep over Diggle having a son instead of a daughter.

Joe not liking Barry and Iris' secret-keeping was not surprising. Joe was right -- Barry should have known better. At least it's not a secret now. Though maybe we should brace ourselves for West family "You should have trusted me/We kept secrets to protect you" angst in the weeks ahead.

What's even more of a non-surprise: the ship that will not be denied -- Caitlin/Julian. They can't resist this stuff, though to be fair it's been brewing since that Xmas episode. He's already bought her "jewelry" ... now he's found the key to her soul too in pulling her back from KF. 😁 I'd be impressed if their drink was just that and they were only friends letting off steam, but it looks like the usual template esp. after he saved her from becoming KF. If we're lucky it just means a KF/Alchemy tag team. If not, it means a tag team bonded not only by embracing their inner demons ... but by embracing their feelings.

Caitlin's batting 2-for-2 with love interests dying so it would be a fair wager that Julian's odds of being a marked man goes up the closer he orbits Caitlin. It's hockey season and Ms. Snow's going for the hat trick. His odds of getting iced were already good by being Alchemy, but having a connection with Caitlin vaults him into the top spot. Bet he'll regret accepting that egg nog from Caitlin when May rolls around ... and the Legion of Doomed Hearts gets a new member. 😁

What can I say, dude simply cannot catch a break. Maybe Cisco can vibe into Julian's future to pinpoint the moment he loses his heart as well as his life. The Oscar for 'Most Screwed by Flashpoint' could be his for the taking, and it will be a cakewalk if he does die. Caitlin turning heel can't be ruled out, I'm guessing the necklace (and Julian's affection!) won't be enough to stave it off by end of season, and she would also be a nominee here.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor

What's even more of a non-surprise: the ship that will not be denied -- Caitlin/Julian. They can't resist this stuff, though to be fair it's been brewing since that Xmas episode. He's already bought her "jewelry" ... now he's found the key to her soul too in pulling her back from KF. 😁 I'd be impressed if their drink was just that and they were only friends letting off steam, but it looks like the usual template esp. after he saved her from becoming KF. If we're lucky it just means a KF/Alchemy tag team. If not, it means a tag team bonded not only by embracing their inner demons ... but by embracing their feelings.

Caitlin's batting 2-for-2 with love interests dying so it would be a fair wager that Julian's odds of being a marked man goes up the closer he orbits Caitlin. It's hockey season and Ms. Snow's going for the hat trick. His odds of getting iced were already good by being Alchemy, but having a connection with Caitlin vaults him into the top spot. Bet he'll regret accepting that egg nog from Caitlin when May rolls around ... and the Legion of Doomed Hearts gets a new member. 😁

What can I say, dude simply cannot catch a break. Maybe Cisco can vibe into Julian's future to pinpoint the moment he loses his heart as well as his life. The Oscar for 'Most Screwed by Flashpoint' could be his for the taking, and it will be a cakewalk if he does die. Caitlin turning heel can't be ruled out, I'm guessing the necklace (and Julian's affection!) won't be enough to stave it off by end of season, and she would also be a nominee here.
              I was just thinking that Julian will go evil like Caitlin's last SO. Though with her or his luck its most likely Caitlin is the one that kills him either that or Julian is still alchemy and he's going to drive her cold.

Iris situation
              I wonder maybe they need to bring an X factor. Someone not from this Universe to save Iris.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                It was a fun episode, as in the predictable standard stuff we're used to seeing.

So Cisco can vibe into Flashpoint. At least there is a reminder of continuing fallout from that event. Unless Iris, Wally, or Joe die by season's end, or something like losing Caitlin to her KF side, Barry will most likely "get away" with his time meddling again, but who knows, maybe some consequences will stick. I have a feeling he's not losing any sleep over Diggle having a son instead of a daughter.
                Not for nothing but Diggle himself told him not to lose any sleep over it at the end of the crossover. I do agree on the time meddling bit, but, to be fair to the show, they have gone out of their way to make what's going on here different than Flashpoint. By creating Flashpoint and then erasing it, Barry altered set events (like Dante dying). In this instance, Barry is trying to prevent a potential future. Savitar killing Iris and everything else that's happening at that very moment aren't set events. Don't know how much sense it makes, but that's what they're going with.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  Not for nothing but Diggle himself told him not to lose any sleep over it at the end of the crossover. I do agree on the time meddling bit, but, to be fair to the show, they have gone out of their way to make what's going on here different than Flashpoint. By creating Flashpoint and then erasing it, Barry altered set events (like Dante dying). In this instance, Barry is trying to prevent a potential future. Savitar killing Iris and everything else that's happening at that very moment aren't set events. Don't know how much sense it makes, but that's what they're going with.
                  The problem is that's not really how time works. He saw Iris die. That did happen. Whether the Barry that meddles comes from before it or after it, he's still trying to change something because he considers it to be bad. If his vision of the future included him and Iris getting married, winning the lottery, and everyone he knows living happily ever after, would he be trying to change that? No. And his best of intentions in saving Iris could result in something worse. He doesn't know. Maybe saving Iris results in other people dying. Maybe pushing Wally to get faster results in Wally being the one to die, or gets them both killed.

Barry has deemed something that happens to be bad. As such, he's trying to change what happens before that event to prevent it from happening. I don't know what the alternative should be. He's a hero. He's going to try and save Iris from the bad guy. But as an example, when he fought Eobard in season 1, he was trying to restore the timeline from Eobard changing it. Now, he's the one changing it. And his motivation isn't to make the world better. It's to save one person because he loves that person. Feels like an odd choice immediately after Flashpoint.

Comment

All of these time travel changes in my opinion makes Barry the greatest Villain of them all. No wonder why Eobard tried to kill him. I am slowly starting to lose interest as this season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
                      All of these time travel changes in my opinion makes Barry the greatest Villain of them all. No wonder why Eobard tried to kill him. I am slowly starting to lose interest as this season goes on.
                      That is how I am with Supergirl. I'm losing interest and trying to decide if I want to drop it like I did Arrow.

I still like Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎