0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Better than last week only because James is not in this one.

I liked the stakes that were raised where Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, and Miss Martian were fighting White Martians while Winn is trying to stabilize the reactor. They could have used the fire to stop them.

Hopefully both Kara and Alex need to quit worrying about each other and go on with each of their lives.

They remembered that Kara works at CatCo as a reporter. I don't see Mon-El sticking around after this season at all.

I had a feeling that both Alex and Winn were going to be impersonated by White Martians.

Nice to see Agent Vazquez back. Maybe she, Alex, and Maggie Sawyer can work together.

Comment

I hear that sharon leal has left the show; yet another reason i'm skipping this episode. Not happy with m'gann leaving.

Comment

With Sharon Leal leaving, I wonder if M'Gann will impersonate someone else that will involve a recasting

Comment

As a fan of "under siege" type of episodes, I liked the majority of this one. It was intense, full of twists and focused on the only consistently decent storyline the show has done this season: the Martians. If Sharon Leal is indeed leaving, that's quite sad. She was a good addition to Supergirl and even when M'gann's storyline with J'onn entered the romance territory (who didn't see that coming?), at least it was subtle and organic.

As for the rest of the episode, it was filled with storylines that either bore me (Alex/Maggie and Kara's over the top reactions) or that I find irritatingly melodramatic (Kara, Mon-El and Miss Tessmacher apparently). If they want to do a Kara/Mon-El relationship, they should just pull the trigger. Constantly delaying it due to mixed signals or immature behaviors just makes the whole thing harder to sit through.

I actually missed James in this episode even though I am not a fan of the Guardian arc. And I certainly missed Lena Luthor and Snapper Carr (again).

7/10.

Comment

This episode felt like it was written by a machine... and that machine should be connected to a shredder. It was cookie-cutter, predictable, cliche, and basically lazy.

The effects crew did a nice job, though.

Comment

I can remain silent no longer.

I so want to enjoy this show, and I've been a big comic book fan for decades, particularly of the DC Universe. I consider the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini/others DC Animated shows from the 1990s and 2000s to be the pinnacle of superhero storytelling. Justice League Unlimited (the last of these shows) was simply one of the best television shows EVER, and that includes any "live" TV shows (IMHO of course ) . The level of writing and multi-level story arcs, the dialogue and characterizations, the animation itself...all of it was beyond top notch and you knew the folks behind the scenes were pouring their hearts and souls into making the best shows they knew how.

But this show...this show...it started out OK in Season 1...not great, but OK with potential to be better, but now I seriously do not know why I continue to watch...it's physically painful to do so anymore.

Just some examples that relate to this latest episode:

1. You have a reactor melting down in 15 minutes that will destroy half of a city and probably 1000s of people, and you have the main characters discussing/whining about their personal feelings about their relationships and about missed birthday rituals? Utterly ridiculous and unbelievable...

2. Everyone pointing guns at each other when they thought each might be the White Martian in disguise, and Supergirl is just standing there doing NOTHING? She's supposed to be super-powered, yes? Doesn't that include super speed? How come she can't just take away all of the weapons in the blink of an eye to then get everyone to chill? And never mind the terrible acting by the non-regulars who are the first to "crack" under the pressure...bad/forced writing coupled with bad acting does not a good scene make...

3. Maggie and Alex - The damage to the character that is Alex is probably beyond repair at this point. She's supposed to be this tough-as-nails, competent, and reliable DEA agent, but as soon as Maggie shows up or she even thinks about her, she behaves literally like a lovesick 14 year old spouting off giggly schoolgirl cliches about how wonderful her newfound relationship is and how she's afraid of losing herself in it...the kind of stuff a teenager new to the concept of love might worry about or not know how to handle, but an adult who has risen to the status of a full-fledged DEA agent has to be more mature...but not to these incompetent writers apparently. And it has little to do with the way the gay relationship is being so overtly and forcibly shoehorned into the storyline (bad writing again)...the Mon-El/Supergirl relationship handling is just as bad for some of the same and also other reasons.

I could go on further, but I won't...I've said my piece for now.

My open plea: If any of the folks behind this show read any of these boards, I implore you to step back...maybe view some of the aforementioned animated fare to get a better idea of how to write terrific superhero stories that can appeal to both young and old, and revamp this show ASAP. Add some (but not too much) darkness maybe...give the characters some tragedy or other more believable conflicts. Give the villains better and more relatable motives. Give the storylines more relevance to recent and/or current events. Just some suggestions...

My wife gave up on the show a couple of weeks back, and I seriously don't know how much longer I can hang on...I want to enjoy these DC shows...I really do...but they have to get better. The potential remains at least, but its being squandered more and more to the point of possible no return...

All of the above is of course my opinion...yours may vary .

Jon

Comment

I thought it was an highly enjoyable episode, even if the story line was cliche. This kind of episode is a Trope staple of every show out there, and the reason why it works so well is because it's a good way to build up character development and show us how people react in such a situation.

I enjoyed everything about this episode, save for the part with Mon-el and Kara. I agree with another poster... pull the romance trigger to get it over with or stop dangling that in front of us. it's annoying. I'm also sad to see Sharon (M'ggan) leave the show. I was hoping that she would become a permanent part of the show.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎