No announcement yet.

Best Lois Lane?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Lois Lane?

It's not just us: Erica is in the lead by quite a margin. Teri is second, then everyone else.

I commented there:

Erica followed by Teri followed by Dana Delany. All others had no real chance to build their character in the one or two movies they were on (excluding the really old stuff which I have not seen). While Erica’s character development was sometime out of the blue (like her sudden interest in journalism at the beginning of season 6) I really loved the relationship building with Clark over all seven seasons she was on. The limitations that were put on her character created something wonderful by accident. And I especially love that she fell for Clark the guy first before there ever was a Superman.

I can honestly only comment on the movie versions and Smallville because I've not watched the older actresses like Noel Neill or voice actors like Dany Delany in the animated series. For me, it's Erica too. Absolutely gorgeous, extremely sexy, very funny and in later years especially, more than capable with the dramatic stuff, and all while maintaining the outwardly tough, sarcastic bantering whirlwind. Her version makes for the most fantastic muse for writing many different types of fiction.

Comment

For me its Erica too.

Comment

Wow, they're really trolling for the page views. Not a bad idea, though.

My favorite Lois Lane is and always will be Teri Hatcher. She had spunk, and you could see why Dean Cain's Clark would absolutely fall in love with her.

Margot Kidder wasn't that attractive, but in watching Superman movie auditions, she was the ONLY Lois who looked at Clark with the sense of wonder that she should have.

Erica's Lois, I feel like they took their time with getting her to a place where she was "Lois-y" but let's just remember how amazing "Crusade" was when she first came on.

I wish we could get to know Amy Adams' Lois more. As long as she doesn't try to eat a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
          Wow, they're really trolling for the page views. Not a bad idea, though.

My favorite Lois Lane is and always will be Teri Hatcher. She had spunk, and you could see why Dean Cain's Clark would absolutely fall in love with her.

Margot Kidder wasn't that attractive, but in watching Superman movie auditions, she was the ONLY Lois who looked at Clark with the sense of wonder that she should have.

Erica's Lois, I feel like they took their time with getting her to a place where she was "Lois-y" but let's just remember how amazing "Crusade" was when she first came on.

I wish we could get to know Amy Adams' Lois more. As long as she doesn't try to eat a deer.
          Teri was a great Lois but I am partial to Erica's Lois. I also really liked Dana Delany's portrayal on the Animated Series. I thought it was a missed opportunity to not have Delany on Smallville.

I also laughed out loud about your "Craving" reference lol

Comment

Erica will always be the first actress I think of when I think of Lois Lane. She played her perfectly.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy Lois & Clark: TNAOS but there is just no comparison to Erica. Yes, there were limitations which I thought were rather unfair and did make for some moments that left me scratching my head a bit, but I think the criticism of her sudden interest in journalism might be a bit unfair as well. It can happen that way. A person can suddenly have an epiphany and realise what they should have known all along. There were hints in the fourth season. The things that worried me were the fact that she basically walked into a full-time reporter's job without a formal education. Not saying it can't happen that way, but I was under the impression that in America a college education is pretty much a pre-requisite and reporters still have to start at the bottom. Then again, she did start off writing for the Inquisitor, which from what I remember was a tabloid dedicated to sensationalist journalism and not serious journalism.

Sorry for the novel-like reply.

I was not a big fan of Margot - the portrayal of her as the 'damsel in distress' bothered me. I used to like Teri but in the early days I still expected her to be like the ditzy Penny Parker from Macgyver and I lost interest in Lois & Clark about a third of the way into the fourth season.

Comment

Erica durance nailed the Lois lane attitude down perfectly from day one. Unfortunately she was stuck on a show that seemed to have the writers be pro-Lana Lang over Lois Lane until seasons 8 to 10. Until season 8 or so, They seemed to like poking fun at her, like having her interest in journalism be triggered by a barn door falling out of the sky. I feel that seasons 8 to 10 is when they finally started to take her more seriously as the Lois Lane character.

Teri Hatcher did great as another live action version of Lois Lane, albeit hers showed a more softened "feminine" version. She cried while watching melodramatic soap operas, but weren't afraid to stand up for herself and others.

But I guess Dana Delany has the edge over Teri Hatcher as the best Lois Lane personally for me. I grew up with the animated series version of Lois Lane, and she was made of sterner stuff than Teri Hatcher's lois lane.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎