No announcement yet.

Should they write off a character?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should they write off a character?

So Far I am not pleased with the Character of Rene" I would have rather seen Roy come back.

I'd adore if Roy could come back.

Comment

For me Rene is the most pleasant surprise of season 5 of Arrow, next to the fact that Ollie suddenly remembers again how to shoot a bow, effective take down 10+ guys and has upgraded costume that looks way better that that horrible season 4 thing. Rick Gonzalez's charisma is an added value here as Wild Dog is in fact some kind of a merge of Punisher and Roy. To put it otherwise - a lot of popular Tropes used when it comes to his creation.

BkWurm1
      - I don't know what Colton Haynes is currently doing, but maybe he is still unavailable. After all he resigned from the show due to the personal reasons. I think it's quite possible that Roy might show up again at some point (season 6?).

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
        For me Rene is the most pleasant surprise of season 5 of Arrow, next to the fact that Ollie suddenly remembers again how to shoot a bow, effective take down 10+ guys and has upgraded costume that looks way better that that horrible season 4 thing. Rick Gonzalez's charisma is an added value here as Wild Dog is in fact some kind of a merge of Punisher and Roy. To put it otherwise - a lot of popular Tropes used when it comes to his creation.

BkWurm1
        - I don't know what Colton Haynes is currently doing, but maybe he is still unavailable. After all he resigned from the show due to the personal reasons. I think it's quite possible that Roy might show up again at some point (season 6?).
        I hope they'll find a way to bring him back for another visit sometime but right now they way they left it, I'm not sure how they would do it.

Personally, I can't help compare Rene negatively to Roy. (And pretty much any other character on or off the show) They've softened Rene's attitude in the last couple episodes but I've still no reason to actually like him and really, I can see the deliberate change in writing for him too overtly with no explanation in the writing as to why he's suddenly making jokes and being grateful for second chances and dropping the chip on his shoulder when previously even when he WAS given in show reasons to adjust his attitude, he didn't.

I actually found him to be a great big sucking hole of anti charisma, lol. So yeah, the best I can say about him right now is I no longer want to see his head smashed in with a brick several times in each episode.
        Last edited by BkWurm1; 02-03-2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

They should write off 2-3 characters. And all of them exist on Team Arrow right now.

Comment

I think a thinning of the ranks is in order after five years. Eliminating some newbies is the easiest route, but entering its sixth year, the show can't grant the vets immunity either. Thea, Diggle, Quentin and Felicity will have to prove this season or early next season at the latest why we should continue to remain invested in their stories. What would be worse: seeing the vets spin their wheels as ornamental characters in S6, S7 ... or, giving them concrete subplots they can own to justify their sticking around or even getting a fitting ending or departure that honours their contribution to the show?

I don't want the show to be another variation of super squads we are already seeing across the Flarrowverse. As a viewer, I'm already fatigued seeing similar stuff in different packaging. Arrow, more than any of its TV cousins, needs to be ... something else ... once S5 is behind them.

Comment

Since I'm letting go of the whole 'being bitter' thing... my response is yes, we need to let some vets go.

Diggle: Honestly, he should have been let go after last season, perhaps even died because of Andy's betrayal because his whole storyline prior to this season (and even for the first part of this season) has been about Andy and HIVE. Without that, they gave him a storyline that has, for the most part, distracted from the main story, sometimes at the worst times. A storyline which, as of next episode, will pretty much be wrapped up.

Quentin: I love Quentin, but unless they can give him a real good storyline here in the back half, there's not much point in keeping him around.

Thea: what does she do again? I think she's Ollie's chief of staff... and apparently does a lot of stuff off-screen. But since we don't see these things, we're not invested in it, or in her. Seems like its the same thing as with Isabel Rochev: they thought making her Oliver's Chief of Staff would be cool, but now they got nothing for her to do, so she's spinning her wheels off-screen.

Felicity: I'm actually hoping that the new 'Helix' storyline for Felicity makes things fresh because I actually do like the character (I just don't like Olicity and how it warps the characters involved, Felicity especially) and I want to see her evolve. However, the question is... if she doesn't end up being a sort of antagonistic force moving forward... what role can she play that isn't made superfluous by Curtis?

So, that's the veterans' table.

From the new kids:

Dinah - I don't think they'll drop this character unless ratings drop dramatically.

Rene - Seems to me he's a mix of replacement Dig-Roy. But that doesn't mean they won't take him out.

Rory - The most likely to be written off, if only because of the magical rags. They'll need to choose between him and Dinah since they'll face budget cuts again with, what, 2 new shows next year?

Curtis - He provides fresh stories, plus is a tech expert if Felicity were to be written off.

Seeing as Artemis hasn't been seen since 5x09, I kinda wonder if she's 'served her purpose' and Prometheus took her out since she's no longer useful. Does anyone know if the actress has been spotted back on set since 5x09 was filmed?

Comment

They have plans for her. They mentioned there's an upcoming twist in her story.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                  They have plans for her. They mentioned there's an upcoming twist in her story.
                  Are you talking about Artemis?

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                    Are you talking about Artemis?
                    I would have to say he is. I don't remember if it was Gugie or Mericle but one of them said they had plans that she was going to come back for something important.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
                      I would have to say he is. I don't remember if it was Gugie or Mericle but one of them said they had plans that she was going to come back for something important.
                      You know, I think I remember something about that. A lot of people were speculating it could mean they were taking a page out of Young Justice, I think it was, and Artemis is just pretending to be on Prometheus' side to get information on him for the team. That would actually make sense, in a way, since she's gone out of her way not to hurt her teammates when she could have. For example, she could have injured Wild Dog but just disarmed him. Not to mention... in-universe, she's a teenager. Teens are not that good of actors... so her seeming to be close to the others and somehow deceiving Oliver wouldn't make sense. For all we know, after they had their known talk in 4x06, I think it was, Oliver and Evelyn could've concocted this. The others were all outspoken or in line with Oliver's thinking. She is the most obvious choice to seem like someone who would turn on Oliver...

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                        You know, I think I remember something about that. A lot of people were speculating it could mean they were taking a page out of Young Justice, I think it was, and Artemis is just pretending to be on Prometheus' side to get information on him for the team. That would actually make sense, in a way, since she's gone out of her way not to hurt her teammates when she could have. For example, she could have injured Wild Dog but just disarmed him. Not to mention... in-universe, she's a teenager. Teens are not that good of actors... so her seeming to be close to the others and somehow deceiving Oliver wouldn't make sense. For all we know, after they had their known talk in 4x06, I think it was, Oliver and Evelyn could've concocted this. The others were all outspoken or in line with Oliver's thinking. She is the most obvious choice to seem like someone who would turn on Oliver...
                        That would actually work and something I wouldn't mind seeing.

Also it would allow for say Diggle to get disgusted at Oliver for using a kid as bait and basically doing what he did with Ras. Maybe he would leave the team then and say even some of the others like Ragman or Wild Dog might leave, since they've shown similar issues with being kept on the outside circle of trust.

Especially given they've been playing up how Oliver sees no second chance for himself of still killing, torturing etc.

Now is that going to happen? Uh...

Comment

Yes, I was talking about Artemis. It's a pain quoting only part of a prior post on my phone. I should've named her, though.

Comment

All of them. Except for Ragman, Thea and Diggle, if they really work to fix his character. Thea can then become GA. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!
                            Last edited by Dagenspear; 02-03-2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎