No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Second Chances?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haggard01
    I have to agree, I very much enjoyed the episode as well.

Yea Dinah and Talia can help in that regard.

Understand for sure, in regards to feeling burned out with the same characters and Oliver.

Yea the the episode was good in those regards.

A interesting way to look at it of the fans compared to the typical Cassidy and Laurel deserve better thing. After my time I've spent on Reddit, I think I've gotten tired of the Cassidy deserve better stick I keep hearing about.

Did she deserve the bullying from the Olicty shippers? No and really Cassidy seems to be doing just fine outside of Arrow anyway. She's just one more actress in Hollywood for me, nothing special.
    Haggard, I think that KC's and Laurel's fans are disgruntled because the storylines Tina/Dinah get (and also Adrian Chase), could be easily given to Laurel. After watching KC in different role I can say that she has quite vide span of acting abilities and definietely is not an actress who is identical in every role she appears in. Heh, even within the universe you can see that - Black Siren is very different than Black Canary, and she is played differently.

You can't blame people from being angry with that. It's understable. What's not understable in my book is why someone trash Tina/Dinah for not being Laurel or calling her a fake Canary (she wasn't even named Canary as of yet - fortunately; if she is ever to become Laurel's sucessor, she had to earn that mantle), or what's absolutely the worst - sending hate to the actress.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
      Haggard, I think that KC's and Laurel's fans are disgruntled because the storylines Tina/Dinah get (and also Adrian Chase), could be easily given to Laurel. After watching KC in different role I can say that she has quite vide span of acting abilities and definietely is not an actress who is identical in every role she appears in. Heh, even within the universe you can see that - Black Siren is very different than Black Canary, and she is played differently.

You can't blame people from being angry with that. It's understable. What's not understable in my book is why someone trash Tina/Dinah for not being Laurel or calling her a fake Canary (she wasn't even named Canary as of yet - fortunately; if she is ever to become Laurel's sucessor, she had to earn that mantle), or what's absolutely the worst - sending hate to the actress.
      I understand why they are upset over that. Yes Laurel died and they could have had more stories for her but they didn't. I could go into all the reasons but they've already been rehashed.

For KC's acting I think she does better playing a role more similar to Black Siren then the more reserved Laurel character.

In regards to those people who trash Dinah for not being Laurel, or sending hate to the actress yeah that's just ridiculous.
      Last edited by Haggard01; 02-08-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice

It's hard to warm up to the character when it feels more and more that she was created just so Katie Cassidy's presence on Arrow as the Black Canary would be diminished. As someone recently put it, this is just the latest part in a behind the scenes soap opera that's been going on since Laurel was killed off last year. They went from killing off the BC because "they had no stories for her" to creating a new BC 9 months later, because they magically came up with new storylines. I wouldn't call myself a Katie Cassidy fan (haven't followed any of her work outside of Arrow), but it grates my nerves when the storytelling of this show is dictated by fan pandering or by settling personal grudges in a manner like this.

As far as Tina goes, the character appeals to me as much as Curtis does (or doesn't, to be more precise). And that won't change because she was born out of a messed up premise. But as far as Juliana Harkavy is concerned, I fully agree that any hate she gets is disgraceful.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎