Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Legion of Doom"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Legion of Doom"?

What did you think?
    10 - Great!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Terrible!
    0%

BLACK FLASH!!

I totally didn't expect to see him. That was a nice surprise! And while it was short, I did really enjoy the battle between Dark and Malcolm and the much smaller between Reverse Flash, Darhk, and Malcolm against Black Flash.

Comment

Great episode.

Its not an unexpected I got the same theory when season 2 began. Though I didn't expect a black Flash. The negotiation was awesome and now Thawne isn't afraid of "Black Flash" is it unless the Legends push him into it.

I thought Captain Cold was joining Legion or did I get that wrong.

Oh and its Barry's fault again.

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
        I thought Captain Cold was joining Legion or did I get that wrong.
        Snart is joining the Legion soon. Matt Letscher has confirmed it.

Comment

I'm kind of torn about this episode. The stuff involving the Legion was all sorts of fun: Malcolm and Darhk getting a lot of screentime, a somewhat decent explanation about why Thawne still exists, the revelation of his motives and then the appearance of Black Flash! The only thing that was missing was Captain Cold joining the team. I was hoping that would happen this week.

The other half of this episode was the usual melodrama we've come to expect on shows like this. I don't particularly care about Lily Stein and the way Mick spilled the beans felt ridiculous even by his standards.

With the next episode being called "Turncoat" I suspected that something would be fishy with Rip. Will be interesting to see to what degree the Legion have reprogrammed him and how the Legends will manage to reverse the effects.

One gripe I keep having about this show. Darhk has been removed from the timeline for months now, right? Isn't that enough time to cement a future where he's not around? Why is Laurel still dead then?

9/10 for the Legion scenes, 5/10 for the rest of the episode: 7/10.

Comment

It was interesting to see the villain-heavy POV - and it did a lot in fleshing out the LoD. Darhk and Malcolm were great here. It makes sense that two ex-League members (one of them a former Ra's!) would not meekly obey Eobard for too long and become conniving. Cool surprise to see Black Flash. The Lily melodrama was routine stuff and I think it was a subplot that had run out of steam.

Good question about Darhk, Laurel and how his mere presence now should have skewered future events from the moment he joined LoD. It should affect time that followed it, up to and including his S4 Arrow adventures.

But this is based on the notion that LoT actually 'has' minimal time travel rules, which they've shown that they don't abide by them. If the only real fallout of Flashpoint on SC is Diggle has a Junior not a Sara, then Darhk's actions won't impact the Flarrowverse when Team Rip/Sara's time meddling haven't either. This seems to be the only rule they have: it doesn't affect other shows.

Short answer: S4 Arrow events still happened.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
              But this is based on the notion that LoT actually 'has' minimal time travel rules, which they've shown that they don't abide by them. If the only real fallout of Flashpoint on SC is Diggle has a Junior not a Sara, then Darhk's actions won't impact the Flarrowverse when Team Rip/Sara's time meddling haven't either. This seems to be the only rule they have: it doesn't affect other shows.

Short answer: S4 Arrow events still happened.
              In an interview ahead of this episode one of the EPs descrived LoT as a show without any rules. Which is an extremely lazy and convenient excuse if you ask me. The show doesn't take place on a separate universe nor does it use characters of its own making. And that's a criticism I have against the Arrowverse shows in general. They like to do their own thing all year (regardless of how it ties to the other shows) but then they magically converge for the annual November crossover. Either you have a shared universe or you don't.

On a somewhat related note, it kind of bugs me that something like a showdown between the Reverse Flash and Black Flash didn't take place on the show that both characters originated from.

Comment

I've reconciled myself to the fact that they only share a universe during crossovers. They may as well be on separate earths the rest of the time.

The time travel/sci-fi fan in me sees it as unacceptable, but at this point I've stopped assuming they worry about fallout. I expect this temporal free-for-all on LoT.

Much harder to let slide on Flash, where they still pay lip service to consequences for time meddling.

Comment

Not a fan of evil speedsters, but i really like eobard thawne; i kind of hope he finds a way to cheat death. I'm still not sure about his beef with the flash, though. I also like damian darhk, but malcolm merlyn is the weak link for me. When did they deal with speedsters, exactly? Also, i'm glad we got an answer to why martin never had kids, but why would clarissa go along with it?
                  Last edited by protege; 02-01-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

The Legion of Doom carried this episode and it's nice to see Black Flash. Other stuff I don't care much about.

Comment

Thought the Legion did a good job carrying the episode. Nice to see how Merlyn joined the group (was worried it was going to one of those "you have to watch a completely different show to learn that" type of thing).

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎