No announcement yet.

Who Killed Jason Blossom?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Killed Jason Blossom?

This will go in a Riverdale spoilers sub-forum eventually, but since everyone's going to be speculating... who do YOU think killed Jason Blossom?

My thoughts upon seeing the pilot was that it was Cheryl, though that seems to be the most obvious. Thoughts, anyone?

My money, originally, was on Cheryl but then I thought that seemed too obvious.

I'm betting it's a Cooper. Either Betty's mother or Polly (somehow escaped or something, exacting her revenge).

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
      My money, originally, was on Cheryl but then I thought that seemed too obvious.

I'm betting it's a Cooper. Either Betty's mother or Polly (somehow escaped or something, exacting her revenge).
      I have similar reasoning but the headshot bothers me. Rowboat was no room for a headshot by Cheryl and honestly her comments about her brother creep me out. One of Coopers seem to be the main suspect as I think they live near the lake area because both scene with the lake crime scene the Coopers were present.

Though I think its Betty's dad. A headshot makes me think personal and a man. The one scene he had the actor they pick was a known so I don't think he is a one off.

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
        Though I think its Betty's dad. A headshot makes me think personal and a man. The one scene he had the actor they pick was a known so I don't think he is a one off.
        Hmmm, interesting. Could very well be. And he would also have a grudge because of what Jason did to Polly.

Looks like the Coopers are the main suspects at this point (if not Cheryl--which again, they seem to be trying too hard to make it look like she did it).

Comment

I'm lame, because upon seeing the pilot, Cheryl was definitely my #1 suspect, even if she was the most predictable. I do think it's someone we'd seen in the first episode, but I'm not entirely sure who or why.

Hal Cooper is a really good theory though.

Comment

Rewatched the pilot the other day.

Cheryl strikes me as a too obvious suspect. With her brother showing up with a hole in his head, she'll be the first the police will wanna question and an x number of the local population will ask "did she?". Wouldn't be much of a murder mystery (which, I'm assuming, they plan to last the whole season), if the killer is caught in the second episode. However, if she didn't do it, why insist that her brother drowned? And wouldn't the killer have killed her too, as she'd be a witness? Upon rewatching the episode, I noted that Cheryl had asked her brother if he was scared, before they got into the boat. I also thought she wasn't all that upset, during the school scenes.

Thinking it over, I started to recall a few Agatha Christie stories and an episode of Murder, She Wrote. I suspect Cheryl and her brother were trying to fake his death, with a boat accident (cause of which I'm still not sure off). However, something went wrong and, after Jason made it to land, he was (unbeknownst to Cheryl) confronted by a person who shot him. It's also possible that he was killed some time later (hence why the police didn't find his body) and the killer dumped the body in the lake. Archie and Ms Grundy heard a noise, that sounded like a gun shot, but that could turn out to be unrelated.

Of course, this still leaves the question of who did it. One of the Coopers could be considered suspects. Could be a character, who first appears in a later episode. Though, to throw out a suspect I don't think anyone have considered: Ms. Grundy. Sure, Archie was with her, when they heard a shot. But, like I've mentioned, there's nothing to prove that was the shot that killed Jason. It could be like in Evil Under the Sun, where the killer made the murder appear to have already happened. Ergo, she arranges for Archie to hear a shot, when she's right next to her. Thus, she's got an alibi, if the police ever start to suspect her. Granted, an alibi, that could still get her into trouble, but not as much trouble as being convicted for murder.

It's a longshot. But, I thought I should suggest something unlikely. The writers themselves have probably not even decided who did it.

You've tortured us all with surprise endings that made no sense. You've introduced characters in the last five pages that were never in the book before. You've withheld clues and information that made it impossible for us to guess who did it.

- Murder by Death (1976)

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
              Cheryl strikes me as a too obvious suspect.
              Especially now that [SPOILER]she's been arrested. It just looks like they are trying too hard to make her look guilty, to me[/SPOILER].

I suspect Cheryl and her brother were trying to fake his death
              Hmmm, considering Cheryl's recent line of [SPOILER]"he was supposed to come back"[/SPOILER], that actually would fit in the scenario.

And I love the film "Murder by Death" (so funny!).

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎