Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Borrowing Problems From The Future?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contrived drama. Hooray. I have a basic level of enjoyment with these four shows, but I just can't call any of them great. They're all so flawed.

Is this the first time someone on this show has talked about time "wanting to happen"? That's Rip Hunter's mantra, and it couldn't be more at odds with this show.

How can Cisco vibe the future? I thought his thing was parallel Earths and alternate timelines. What they told us here is that Cisco can keep checking in on the future to see how it's changing, not just see what Barry saw at Christmas.
    Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 01-27-2017, 01:37 AM.

Comment

The secret-keeping continues. If someone missed Flash's version, they can see Winn and Alex keep James' Guardian secret from Kara. They do love going back to the melodrama classic greatest hits.

The shows are fun to watch, but they're also wildebeests running in a herd, with little to distinguish them and no one series is outpacing another at this point. They've each had individual stellar eps. ... and real clunkers.

Cisco's vibe abilities seem to be: whatever suits the story at the time. Maybe he should make handcuffs for himself.

Comment

I gave this episode a 10. I thought that having Barry trying to alter the future to save Iris make a good story. He might have failed or get someone else get killed, but when you saw a horrible future is which someone that you love died, you might want to do everything in your power to alter it. It's a human reaction. I can't blame Barry for wanting to try.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
          How can Cisco vibe the future? I thought his thing was parallel Earths and alternate timelines. What they told us here is that Cisco can keep checking in on the future to see how it's changing, not just see what Barry saw at Christmas.
          Originally posted by President_Luthor
          Cisco's vibe abilities seem to be: whatever suits the story at the time. Maybe he should make handcuffs for himself.
          He saw the future in season 2. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

Originally posted by mbozzo
            I gave this episode a 10. I thought that having Barry trying to alter the future to save Iris make a good story. He might have failed or get someone else get killed, but when you saw a horrible future is which someone that you love died, you might want to do everything in your power to alter it. It's a human reaction. I can't blame Barry for wanting to try.
            I don't blame him for that specifically. It's more of a frustrating element of the show. We keep getting told that messing with the timeline is bad, and we've recently been told that Barry learned his lesson about not messing with the timeline, yet now we're about to watch half a season of him doing it again. All the while, we get to watch them milk the drama out of it by having Barry keep it secret from the team and now by having everyone keep it secret from Joe. There's more to The Flash as a character than time travel and secrets.

Originally posted by Dagenspear
            He saw the future in season 2. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!
            I don't immediately recall what you're referring to, but it did just occur to me that he vibed Caitlin and saw his fight with Killer Frost a few episodes back.

Comment

One example of Cisco vibing the future is the episode with Reverse Flash last year (2.11). He saw that Reverse Flash would kill Tina McGhee in 3 hours and they used that information to track the RF and stop him.

It's funny how Barry forgot all this while he was worrying about how cemented the future is in this week's episode.

Comment

Not that this show has ever really cared about science, but the idea of solving the energy problem of the cuffs by adding necklace that collects solar energy is ridiculous not just because of the amount of energy that would be constantly sucked up by something like captain cold's gun etc (I'm thinking they have decent battery tech), but because the dang thing probably puts out about as much light as hits it in a given day :P

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎