0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Laughable
    0%

I gave it an 8, but only because I thought it really turned around once Jerome came back to life.

Speaking of him, Dwight cutting off his face was just gross. As for the Maniax, it's not a bad idea, but it's too Negan from TWD. The best scene for me was the one between Leslie and Jerome, surprisingly. I thought the ginger joke was funny.

Leslie was tolerable in this episode. I liked how cool she was under pressure. I LOVED the confrontation scene between her and Gordon. When she said, "Don't ever touch me, and don't ever tell me what to do again!," I laughed. Using truth serum was a smart idea and really cut through the nonsense. I don't know, I liked this personality change in Thompkins, but I doubt it'll last.

I wasn't expecting the arc with Maria to end the way it did, but I did wonder why—in the beginning—Cole would only accept Bruce's money if it was given to him personally by Maria. That was clear in the end. I guess it was wishful thinking that Selina's mom was actually good. To that end, the scene with Selina and Maria in the hotel room was good—as was her scene with Bruce at the mansion. I thought Camren Bicondova did a good job of conveying a lot of real emotion in those scenes.

The stuff with Penguin was ok. I was glad he saw through Barbara's manipulation, but it didn't last long. I thought Barbara was well-utilized in this episode, too.

I thought ending the episode with a city-wide blackout was a great way to set up next week's episode.

I can't wait to see what happens with Nygmobblepot. I have a theory that Nygma is just using Barbara and Tabatha to get rid of more enemies/problems for Oswald. I'm pretty sure he knows they're planning to kill him, too, but they'll fail.

Anyway, it was a good episode. It took a while to get good, but once it did, it held my interest. What did everybody else think?

Comment

That was definitely much better than last week. Especially once Jerome was officially revived. And kudos to Cameron Monagan for slipping back into the role as he didn't miss a beat. Isn't it funny (not maniacally funny ) how better Gotham looks with a character like Jerome around? As over the top as he is, there's just a huge sense of menace with him. It was the same with Penguin until they messed up his characterization last year.

Likewise, I also found Lee more tolerable this week. Granted, her hatred for Jim is still cringeworthy (revive Mario, really?), but like you said, she showed some backbone. Her scene with Jerome was much better than it had any right of being. Mind you, I seriously hope they are not going with a "is Lee going dark" storyline. I can barely stomach her as she is right now.

The storyline involving the Kyles was a bit predictable and I guess they had to wrap it up quickly because the actress who plays Selina's mom is around for a couple of episodes. That said, the real saving grace was the last scene with Selina and Bruce. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that in terms of emotional resonance and believability, it put most of this season's Lee/Jim dramatic scenes to shame. And both young actors were fantastic in it. On a side note, David Mazouz looks like he's growing every week these days, isn't he? He looks as old as Bicondova, even though he's a couple of years younger in real life.

The Penguin stuff was ok. I guess I'm waiting to see where it's headed. The showdown with Nygma is inevitable, but Barbara's role in all this still has me cautious. Can't buy her as a crime boss. Tabby was badass though.

Can't wait for next week. Regarding the schedule, the latest I've heard is that Fox will start airing 24: Legacy in Gotham's slot. That show has a 12 episode order and Gotham will return on April 24th for its final 8 episodes. Meaning the season finale will air in June.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
        kudos to Cameron Monagan for slipping back into the role as he didn't miss a beat. Isn't it funny (not maniacally funny ) how better Gotham looks with a character like Jerome around? As over the top as he is, there's just a huge sense of menace with him.
        I agree. He does seem to fit into the "world" of the show better than previous characters. Compared to somebody like Galavan, there's no contest.

I also found Lee more tolerable this week. Granted, her hatred for Jim is still cringeworthy (revive Mario, really?), but like you said, she showed some backbone. Her scene with Jerome was much better than it had any right of being. Mind you, I seriously hope they are not going with a "is Lee going dark" storyline. I can barely stomach her as she is right now.
        You know, I wouldn't mind if they had her go dark, but: That's what I thought they were doing last week and look what happened...

I'd be fine with it, as long as it stuck. ANYTHING would better than having her regress into the "damsel in distress" role. On another note, I really didn't like how Gordon acted like the morality police when he told her, "You can't do that, you're better than that." She was right to bring up the double standard he seems to have for himself. She's an adult and she can do whatever she wants...

the real saving grace was the last scene with Selina and Bruce. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that in terms of emotional resonance and believability, it put most of this season's Lee/Jim dramatic scenes to shame.
        I totally agree! Compare both of Selina's scenes with her mother and Bruce to the schlock between Jim/Leslie inside the church before the wedding. It's embarrassing how bad that was compared to Bruce/Selina

The Penguin stuff was ok. I guess I'm waiting to see where it's headed. The showdown with Nygma is inevitable, but Barbara's role in all this still has me cautious. Can't buy her as a crime boss.
        Me either. Penguin didn't buy it, either... I still think Nygma is up to something that has nothing to do with taking Oswald down, though. Who knows.

Tabby was badass though.
        I forgot to mention this, but the way she grinned after killing Tommy Bones just wasn't right. She almost seemed too happy to kill...

Fox will start airing 24: Legacy in Gotham's slot. That show has a 12 episode order and Gotham will return on April 24th for its final 8 episodes. Meaning the season finale will air in June.
        Yeah, I saw the April 24th return date when I looked at the episode guide late last week. Any momentum they build with next week will be forgotten by then. Maybe, if we're lucky enough, the final 8 will air straight through and the season will conclude by the end of May. It'll be another long wait...
        Last edited by Aries83; 01-24-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
          I'd be fine with it, as long as it stuck. ANYTHING would better than having her regress into the "damsel in distress" role. On another note, I really didn't like how Gordon acted like the morality police when he told her, "You can't do that, you're better than that." She was right to bring up the double standard he seems to have for himself. She's an adult and she can do whatever she wants...
          True enough. Any female character is done a disservice when they are put in the damsel in distress role. That was also one of the main reasons why Barbara failed to impress at the start of the show. Another example is how well received Vale was this season, exactly because she didn't carry such baggage. As far as Lee goes, they definitely have to make her less melodramatic. I just don't want a dark storyline for her because they already did that with Barbara and the show has enough women on that side of the spectrum.

Of course, killing off Lee and bringing back Vale would solve all these problems, but I'm hoping for too much here.

I forgot to mention this, but the way she grinned after killing Tommy Bones just wasn't right. She almost seemed too happy to kill...
          Heh, always. Being so twisted is what makes her hot. Now that we are on the topic, where's Butch?

Yeah, I saw the April 24th return date when I looked at the episode guide late last week. Any momentum they build with next week will be forgotten by then. Maybe, if we're lucky enough, the final 8 will air straight through and the season will conclude by the end of May. It'll be another long wait...
          If April 24th is indeed the return date, it's impossible to end the season before June 12th. Unless they air 2 episodes back to back. What a mess. It's not like Fox has decided to axe the show. There's been no official announcement, but I think the producers are moving forward as if season 4 is happening.

Comment

This ep really dragged on and on until Jerome showed up again. so I'm gonna rate it a 6/10, because the first half didn't live up to the last half the way it should had.

Comment

True enough. Any female character is done a disservice when they are put in the damsel in distress role. . . . Another example is how well received Vale was this season, exactly because she didn't carry such baggage. As far as Lee goes, they definitely have to make her less melodramatic. I just don't want a dark storyline for her because they already did that with Barbara and the show has enough women on that side of the spectrum.
              Plus, it would be repetitive to have EVERY woman Gordon has been with go off the rails after being with him... In my opinion, they should keep the dynamic in this episode going forward. Keep a slight animosity between them, but keep it respectable enough that they can still work together in the same environment.

Of course, killing off Lee and bringing back Vale would solve all these problems, but I'm hoping for too much here.
              As much as I liked Vale, I could see the same thing that happened to Barbara and Lee happen to her: She gets back with him, then he tries to control/influence her behavior and she wants nothing to do with it and the cycle repeats. I wouldn't mind seeing her again, though.

Now that we are on the topic, where's Butch?
              It's been so long that I can't even remember what happened to him last we saw him...

If April 24th is indeed the return date, it's impossible to end the season before June 12th. Unless they air 2 episodes back to back. What a mess. It's not like Fox has decided to axe the show. There's been no official announcement, but I think the producers are moving forward as if season 4 is happening.
              I hope so. Hard to believe 3 seasons have almost passed. A 2-episode Season Finale is possible, but I really hope not. Two-parters always feel like they're never going to end.

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
              This ep really dragged on and on until Jerome showed up again. so I'm gonna rate it a 6/10, because the first half didn't live up to the last half the way it should had.
              I agree.

Comment

So, after one long break, we're going to get another long one with this show? Talk about losing any positive momentum that show will have gathered in these 3 episodes.....lol

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎