0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Terrible
    0%

An okay episode, but I hated James in this as he endangered Winn and didn't apologize for it. Winn was right to be angry with him.

Alex needs to worry about Supergirl less as Supergirl can take care of herself. I don't want Supergirl to be the reason that Alex and Maggie broke up.

Love the jailbreak and fight scenes on the alien planet and Winn gets to be on another planet for the first time, along with Alex and DEO.

Wish Lena Luthor was in this so we can see how she's doing since Medusa.

Comment

It was a decent start for the season, although it could be slightly better than it is right now. It was still enjoyable to watch however, so I gave it a 9/10 rating.

Comment

I enjoyed the appearance of the sole, Dominator.

Comment

Not sure if it's the forced melodrama between Maggie and Alex, Alex turning into a complete schoolgirl, the cheesiness spread throughout the episode, most of the dialogue, Winn's over the top reactions at times, the notion that humans can freely breathe on another planet (while the MM can't), the Kara/Mon-El anvils, the prospect of yet ANOTHER character on this show wanting to become a costumed hero or all of the above combined, but this was a terrible episode to return with. It's not even worth a lenghty rant.

The only saving graces were Snapper Carr and the aliens hunting Mon-El. Lena Luthor was really missed. It's quite sad that she gets to appear sporadically while Maggie (who's only there for one reason) is a regular character. Just goes to show where their priorities lie.

3/10.
          Last edited by costas22; 01-24-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

It was fine, I guess. The Maggie/Alex stuff was weak this episode. They continue to tease that Mon-El has a secret without giving us much information. There was nothing whatsoever to the rescue of the missing people.

Not a lot here, to be honest.

Comment

I enjoyed that although the Mon-el secret is dragging (and also quite obvious).

Comment

Really bad, tried to watch and gave up less than half way through. It will be awhile before I try watching this mess of a show again.

Comment

Hmm, I was hoping SG would pick up some second half momentum. Not surprised to hear melodrama excess put the kibosh on it this week. And somebody else wants to be a superhero now? This is the series where too many capes could pose problems if they get too carried away with it.

It looks like this ep joins my increasingly high 'I'll get around to it, when I get around to it' stack of tv eps. and series. I'm still on board for Arrow and Flash in '17, and I want to say the same for SG and LoT ... but it's just time, IRL stuff and my overall viewer fatigue in seeing essentially the same thing repackaged in a different environment 4x a week.

I'm going to see if I can get back on track with AoS and maybe Gotham. I'd like to get into Travelers and The Magicians too, but I have a feeling only my alternate earth doppelgangers will have the time to do so.

Comment

I mean, Mon-El has to be the prince, right?

It was kind of cool to see the Dominators in this alternate universe.

Roulette was wasted here.

I generally enjoy scenes with Kara and Mon-El.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                      I'm still on board for Arrow and Flash in '17, and I want to say the same for SG and LoT ... but it's just time, IRL stuff and my overall viewer fatigue in seeing essentially the same thing repackaged in a different environment 4x a week.
                      I don't see myself dropping any of them, but I feel a similar fatigue. They're all so similar, right from the introductory monologues.

Comment

It's an interesting topic of discussion. It didn't dawn on me until this week, but I didn't miss any of the DCTV shows during the winter break. I like all of them at times (The Flash and LoT more so than Arrow and Supergirl), but they are plagued by the same kind of frustrating writing and characterizations. And it's not even a case of some shows being consistently good while the others are flopping. Any of these 4 shows could have the worst episode one week and the best episode the next week. They are equally flawed at this point.

I won't say it's like watching the same 4 hour movie every week, but it's close to that. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll be watching more than 2 of them next season.

Comment

I think 2017 is a year of reckoning for many of these shows, none get immunity from me.

For myself, you could say I haven't been as invested in SG and LoT this season. Some of it is due to what I described before - a general feeling of malaise about seeing too much of too similar plots, scenarios, melodrama several times a week. But it's also just timing or lack of time, etc. and as viewers we just make a call on what we can make room for. SG or LoT may have had some stellar eps. in the mix, but I'd never know because I just don't have time to keep tabs on all of them. In contrast, I get to miss some of the crappy eps they dare to put on air.

It doesn't help when their entire universe is happy to occupy the mushy, safe middle in terms of quality. They're all journeyman ballplayers who get the job done and nothing more, no one is an ace or showstopper. When they do have shining moments, it's on a per-episode basis. Consistency is something that cannot apply to them, with their shared creative DNA. It's a bit of groupthink, where you can't say they would even be willing to conceive of doing something outside the comfy formula they've established. They may argue it's because the formula works, it's just the notion that some of it doesn't work (and hasn't worked for awhile -looking esp. at the seniors, Arrow and Flash for setting up the template, and the juniors SG and LoT, for sticking with the template when as rookies they could have altered or broken the mold.)

I don't know if I've dropped to casual or indifferent viewer with those at this point, I drift back to them on occasion and sometimes I'd look up recaps depending on the ep. But, yeah, the tipping point on whether I stick with them depends on how well they fare this season.

Flash, and even Arrow, aren't off the hook either with me but in their cases, I am invested in the fates of at least the leads and maybe some of the secondary characters. It would be the '17-'18 season when I might consider sticking with one or other, drifting into casual indifference, or even dropping one if it gets stale or repetitive. I can't even conceive of dropping either of them yet.

LoT switching to Tuesdays might actually be a better reason for me to pick it up again this year, with the risk that I could still experience that viewer fatigue after a few eps.
                          Last edited by President_Luthor; 01-28-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                            It's an interesting topic of discussion. It didn't dawn on me until this week, but I didn't miss any of the DCTV shows during the winter break.
                            Yeah, me too, and the same goes for Gotham and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sometimes I think I like AoS more than all the others, but really, I enjoyed the break from everything. Part of that may be the weekly grind.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                            LoT switching to Tuesdays might actually be a better reason for me to pick it up again this year, with the risk that I could still experience that viewer fatigue after a few eps.
                            Hey, you get a double dose of time travel, complete with the inconsistency you crave.

Supergirl would be the easiest to postpone viewing since it's on an alternate Earth, though it's really only the crossovers where any of them affect each other anyway. I think the desire to be up to speed for all the crossovers is the main thing making me keep up with them at this point. We'll see if that holds. The CW has a deal with Netflix to stream each season almost as soon as it ends, so waiting is even easier these days. It would probably be more difficult to engage with other viewers on boards like this, though. If everyone binges, they do so at different times, and it's hard to go back and discuss individual episodes. And if everyone watches live but you, you're just out of the loop.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎