No announcement yet.

Riverdale "Chapter One: The River's Edge"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverdale "Chapter One: The River's Edge"

Count down to the Riverdale series premiere and talk about it LIVE as it airs, right here!

Lots of countdown coverage can be found at KSiteTV:

10 - My new obsession
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

90 MINUTES, East Coast!

Comment

One hour!

Comment

17 minutes

Comment

Bums me out that no one's live-chatting anymore

Comment

Man, thanks for letting this forum feel wanted. Still, leave your thoughts on the premiere here!

Comment

I was behind all episode because I had to pause for about 15 minutes because I had other things to do that is why I couldn't live chat.

Comment

It was pretty good. Need to see a few more episodes.

Comment

This felt...very uneven. The guy playing Archie did an ok job.

I honestly didn't care for how they portrayed Betty. Veronica was actually likable (which has never happened to me via the comics before!). Cheryl was...Cheryl.

The mystery was all right.

I really did not care for the whole Archie/Miss Grundy thing though.

And not nearly enough Jughead. He's my second favorite Archie character (first being Sabrina) so I was hoping for more. Cole did a good job in the scenes we did see, but yeah, was hoping for more. Next week?

I'm interested enough to give it another try. But I hope it does get better.

Oh, and Kevin Keller--first, why is he not blonde (or Moose, for that matter)? Second, why did he seem so stereotypically gay? He's not that way in the comics (new or old).

Comment

It wasn't what I expected.

I was expecting light hearted teen drama like Gilmore Girls but this is like a combo of a few shows all rolled into one.

Is it just me or is the show trying too hard too many plotpoints in one episode: student/teacher relationship, and then an openly gay character and a closet gay character + murder mystery, family drama, love triangle, the Polly situation (I don't know how to describe that) etc it feels like every plotline on the top of my head except first glance is there well except teen pregnancy. don't get me wrong in the course of 3 seasons I can see them going through it but in just one episode? No one thing was emphasized. It also feels like the jumped the shark on a lot of those plotpoints.

I am going to give it a chance. I've been looking for simple teen drama without costumes or element of the supernatural.

Comment

I'll need some more episodes before deciding about this show.

Did anyone else get a feeling that there was something creepy going on, with the relationship of the Blossom twins?

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
                        I've been looking for simple teen drama without costumes or element of the supernatural.
                        A lot of people, in the run up to the premiere, were describing this show as "Twin Peaks meets Dawson's Creek". Having seen the first episode, I agree. It had a strong resemblance to both shows, IMO. Especially Twin Peaks, in regards to the murder (half expected Dale Cooper to step out and make an appearance! LOL).

As for supernatural elements, Sabrina has not been ruled out as making an appearance (as far as I know?). She did guest star in the Jughead comics, I believe, that they are basing the series on (the Waid run), so we could still get a taste of the supernatural here.

Guess we'll have to wait and see?

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        Did anyone else get a feeling that there was something creepy going on, with the relationship of the Blossom twins?
                        Yep, I've seen a lot of fans talking about it. And yes, I see it too.

Comment

There is definitely something creepy going on between Cheryl and Jason, the actress Madelaine Petsch has talked about it a little bit in our interviews.

Sabrina is still a possibility if they can find a way to make it work, according to the showrunner: http://www.ksitetv.com/riverdale/int...erdale/138411/

And yes, lots more Jughead in the next few eps... I've seen through episode 4.

Comment

I only know about Archie, Betty and Veronica through cultural osmosis (i.e. pop culture references). I've never even seen a comic with them.

So I'm coming to this with no knowledge and no preconceptions. And my judgement is this: It's okay.

What I didn't like is the cultural double standard of having an adult woman sleeping with a highschool sophomore student (i.e. 15/16 year old) and no one's batting an eye while the other way around would have people up in arms about this case of statutory rape. But since it's a guy, we all agree that he wanted it, too - right?

Other than that I felt it was a bit packed. The murder mystery, Veronica's arrival, a closet gay who appears to be rather comfortable being gay (just not coming out), an (I don't remember it correctly but it felt that way) already pre-established relationship between Archie's dad and Veronica's mom and a few other things that seem to be par for a high school drama* like the sophomore Cheryl being the head cheerleader instead of a junior or senior.

*Smallville also had that problem with Chloe, Pete and Clark apparantly being the only ones interested in journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                              There is definitely something creepy going on between Cheryl and Jason
                              Yeah, I just read another interview the actress did where she talked about (and the showrunner joked about it too, recently). It's definitely intended to be 'implied' there.

Yay for possible Sabrina!

And yes, lots more Jughead in the next few eps... I've seen through episode 4.
                              Oh good! He is the best thing about the show and more of the character is something to look forward to.

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                              What I didn't like is the cultural double standard of having an adult woman sleeping with a highschool sophomore student (i.e. 15/16 year old) and no one's batting an eye while the other way around would have people up in arms about this case of statutory rape.
                              I've seen quite a few complaints about this. And the double standard. People noting that if it were Betty or Veronica or one of the girls with a male teacher, people would be up in arms. Which I do think is true. I'm just hoping that creepy 'romance' is truly done now. I really don't want to see more of Archie/Miss Grundy.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎