Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Ghosts?"

What did you think?

Edit: I gave it a 6.

I really wanted to like it, but I thought it jumped around too much like previous episodes.

Lee was the worst part, though! The crocodile tears at Mario's funeral were pathetic and straight out of a soap opera. The scene at the station was even worse. When she said, "You're the real virus!," I lost it. I could not stop laughing. I had the same response to her telling Falcone, "I hate him!"

Just when I thought the "hate" would stick, she begs Falcone to call it off towards the end. This was just STUPID! The one chance they had to do something different with her and they choose to keep her doe-eyed and starved for Jim's love. Whatever! At least they got rid of Mario so they'll be no more love triangle nonsense.

Why did Falcone act like she was calling the shots anyway? That made NO sense.

The stuff with Penguin was ok. It was great seeing Paul Reubens again, but I could not take the "ghost" scenes seriously. It felt too much like A Christmas Carol instead of Gotham... However, I was floored when the ruse involved Clayface. I knew Nygma was behind it, though. I still think he's playing Butch, Barb, and Tabatha.

I liked Selina's mom a lot. The scenes at the dinner table were cute.

The ending was ok. As soon as Gordon said Dwight Pollard worked at Indian Hill, I figured out where the stuff with Jerome was going. I thought it was pretty cool that they got the guy who played one of Joker's thugs in The Dark Knight to play that character.

It was an ok episode, but not great. Hopefully, it'll get better.

What did everybody else think?
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

I think it was a bit all over the place and trying juggle too many storylines at one time. Most of them were ok, but all in one episode? It was tricky to pull off.

Nygma's scheme was my favorite part in this episode. It was perfectly crafted and showed once again how devious he is. Robin Lord Taylor played Oswald's descent brilliantly. Gotham is only back for 3 episodes before it takes a long winter break, but apparently we will get a Penguin-Nygma showdown in 3.14. Can't wait!

The Jerome stuff was ok-ish. I'm glad he will return, but I'm not a fan of the cult thing. By the way, what's up with David Dastmalchian ("Dwight") always playing the Joker's lackey? He also played one of Joker's crew in The Dark Knight.

As expected, Selina's mother had a separate agenda of her own. Will be interesting to see how it affects Bruce from now on. On that note, Ivana Milicevic was a great casting choice. She looks a lot like her on screen daughter and she's easy on the eyes. No wonder Alfred was smitten.

Last (and certainly least!), I found the aftermath of Mario's murder annoying. Like you said Aries, it was hard not to get aggravated with Lee and her overreacting. I don't mind her tears at the funeral or even her outburst at the station, but going along with killing Jim? UGH! And then of course, she did an 180 because she really loves him. UGH! They also dumbed her down because as an M.E. she should have known how lethal the virus is. But no, she had to go to Barnes (Chiklis sighting!) and realize the obvious. I hated this storyline before Mario died and I hate it just as much now. By the way, given that Jim is not behind bars, I assume everyone knows by now that he saved Lee from Mario trying to kill her. Why is Lee so upset then?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      I think it was a bit all over the place and trying juggle too many storylines at one time. Most of them were ok, but all in one episode? It was tricky to pull off.
      I agree. To that end, I thought the scene with Barnes/Lee wasn't necessary given that she already knew what the virus did once someone became infected.

Gotham is only back for 3 episodes before it takes a long winter break, but apparently we will get a Penguin-Nygma showdown in 3.14. Can't wait!
      Only 3? I was really hoping they'd air them straight through. Oh well.
      By the way, what's up with David Dastmalchian ("Dwight") always playing the Joker's lackey? He also played one of Joker's crew in The Dark Knight.
      I thought it was their own nod to that movie. When I saw his face, I had to do a double take...

Ivana Milicevic was a great casting choice. She looks a lot like her on screen daughter and she's easy on the eyes. No wonder Alfred was smitten.
      He always seems to charm the women, doesnn't he? When she was cast, I was disappointed that it wasn't Michelle Pfeiffer, but there were times she looked similar to her in some shots. I'd still like Pfeiffer to be involved some way, but it'll probably never happen. Did you notice they both wear goggles on their heads?

Last (and certainly least!),

I found the aftermath of Mario's murder annoying. Like you said Aries, it was hard not to get aggravated with Lee and her overreacting. I don't mind her tears at the funeral or even her outburst at the station, but going along with killing Jim? UGH! And then of course, she did an 180 because she really loves him. UGH! They also dumbed her down because as an M.E. she should have known how lethal the virus is. But no, she had to go to Barnes (Chiklis sighting!) and realize the obvious.
      Exactly!

I hated this storyline before Mario died and I hate it just as much now. By the way, given that Jim is not behind bars, I assume everyone knows by now that he saved Lee from Mario trying to kill her. Why is Lee so upset then?
      I don't even think she knows... Blaming him for all the bad things that happened in her life was so unfair, too. It's all nonsense, I wish they'd just can her.
      Last edited by Aries83; 01-17-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

This was a mixed bag for me too, so I'm gonna rate this a 5.

Costas22 covered most of it already in their post, so I feel like I would be echoing their feelings and thoughts if I was to put down my own thoughts here too.

The action scenes were good, but that was about it. I'm interested to see where they're going with Jermone, and what else Nygma has planned for Copplepot.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
          Only 3? I was really hoping they'd air them straight through. Oh well.
          That's what I read somewhere. Sadly, they've broken down the season more than they did last year. And while it's not confirmed yet, I'm worried that after 3.14, we might not get a new episode until April.

I thought it was their own nod to that movie. When I saw his face, I had to do a double take...
          Yeah. He's quite recognizable, imo. He was also in Ant Man.

He always seems to charm the women, doesnn't he? When she was cast, I was disappointed that it wasn't Michelle Pfeiffer, but there were times she looked similar to her in some shots. I'd still like Pfeiffer to be involved some way, but it'll probably never happen. Did you notice they both wear goggles on their heads?
          Yeah, noticed it as well. I guess their way of honoring Michelle's past as Catwoman was casting a teenage Selina who looks just like her. I really hope they bring her in for a cameo at some point though. She might be too expensive for anything beyond that.

I don't even think she knows... Blaming him for all the bad things that happened in her life was so unfair, too. It's all nonsense, I wish they'd just can her.
          Then it's just a sloppy way of following up on Mario's murder. If Jim is not behind bars, there's only one explanation for it: People know that he was just protecting Lee. And so should Lee. If she does and she still blames Jim, then I rest my case. Unless she believes that Jim should have shot Mario in the leg or something...

Comment

Alfred and Maria Kyle

As expected, Selina's mother had a separate agenda of her own. Will be interesting to see how it affects Bruce from now on. On that note, Ivana Milicevic was a great casting choice. She looks a lot like her on screen daughter and she's easy on the eyes. No wonder Alfred was smitten.
            I'm hoping his infatuation might actually go somewhere--it's about time Alfred got lucky! He'd better sleep with one eye open, though...

Comment

And while it's not confirmed yet, I'm worried that after 3.14, we might not get a new episode until April.
              That sucks (if true). This episode fared well in the ratings, though (3.7 million/1.2 in the 18-49 demo). Not bad for being off the air for so long.

I guess their way of honoring Michelle's past as Catwoman was casting a teenage Selina who looks just like her. I really hope they bring her in for a cameo at some point though. She might be too expensive for anything beyond that.
              Yeah. I'd be ok with her being Maria's mother. If they really wanted to save money, maybe they could just use a photo of Pfeiffer in a scene where Maria tells Selina, "This is/was your grandmother." Michelle would have to give clearance for that since it's her face, but she wouldn't have to appear on camera. Something like that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shauna
                I'm hoping his infatuation might actually go somewhere--it's about time Alfred got lucky! He'd better sleep with one eye open, though...
                Agreed. After the creepy thing with Ivy a few episodes back, it was nice to see him being attracted to someone closer to his age.

That sucks (if true). This episode fared well in the ratings, though (3.7 million/1.2 in the 18-49 demo). Not bad for being off the air for so long.
                Really? That's impressive. Their second best viewership of the season. After a 2 month hiatus no less. We'll know more when 3.14 airs on January 30. The problem is that the season will have only 8 episodes left after that and the finale is supposed to air in May. Long hiatuses are a necessary evil.

Comment

^^^ I agree. If they can keep that demo rating for the next 2 eps, I see no reason why it wouldn't be renewed, but stranger things have happened...

Comment

I expected the Falcone/Gordon plotline to have lasted way longer than it did. I guess it was "resolved" quickly because of the limited appearances by the Falcone actor. And Victor should stay away from Gordon because he always gets his ass handed to him, lol. Victor is pretty much a "no miss" shot against anybody else not named James Gordon.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎