We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar

One Day at a Time (Netflix)

This Netflix-original comedy-drama is inspired by Norman Lear's 1975 series of the same name. This time around, the series follows the life of Penelope, a newly single Army veteran, and her Cuban-American family, as they navigate the ups and downs of life. Now a nurse, Penelope is raising two strong-willed children. When faced with challenges, Penelope turns to her "old-school" mother, and her building manager, who has become an invaluable confidant. The series offers a contemporary take on what life looks like in both good and bad times, and how loved ones can help make it all worthwhile.

I'm hearing it's getting rave reviews for a remake. Really loved the first season. I couldn't help smiling and laughing all throughout the first season. The issues that it dealt with felt real and true. I hope it gets renewed.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    I'm about 7 episodes in - just saw the Mackenzie Phillips cameo - and I'm really loving how it turned out. Lots of heart, the kind of series that I haven't seen on TV in a while. Yeah, it's not the same show or the same characters as the original but the heart is absolutely the same.

After the TV press tour I really need to write up a review.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    My mom might love this series. She watches One Day at a Time on Antenna TV every weekday at 4PM.

It was another wonderful season. Theyíve been able balance the humor with the serious/timely issues currently facing this country perfectly. This is a gem of a sitcom that everyone should be watching.

Rita Morena is a national treasure and Justina Machado needs to get nominated for something.

I love the representation of our Hispanic culture with this series; we are very boisterous people so, I saw a lot of familiar behavior. And as the season 2 storyline went, Lydia and Schneider tried to become US citizens... As a Dominican immigrant whose family came to the US in the 80s and became US citizens years later, I remember all too well helping my folks study for their citizenship and I remember the citizenship ceremony. I canít imagine trying to do it now with the current state of affairs.

Anyway, I canít wait until S3...which hopefully gets green lit sooner than later with all the positive reviews Iíve been reading.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-26-2018 at 02:15 PM.