No announcement yet.

RIP Carrie Fisher

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Carrie Fisher

The galaxy is now in mourning, our beloved Princess Leia... Carrie Fisher has died at the age of 60
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-27-2016, 12:35 PM.

RIP

Comment

I'm so done with this crap.

I never met her. I couldn't tell you if I've ever even been in the same state at the same time. Yet, I feel like I've just lost someone I've known my entire life.

A Princess. A General. A talented writer and script doctor. A fighter in any galaxy, near or far far away. She became a symbol a hope for all those of us who have suffered with mental illness.

Forever missed. Never forgotten. Thank you, Carrie. Thank you for being part of my existence.

RIP

Comment

Farewell our Princess.

Comment

Im still in shock. I was hoping she would get better. I was a fan ever since i was a kid from watching the Star Wars fans. R.I.P.

Comment

When I read that Carrie had passed away I was not that surprised, as reports after she was rushed to the hospital went from "stable" to "intensive care" and "breathing on a ventilator". Still, I had hopes that she would pull through (she's been through tougher in her life!) and was greatly saddened to hear that she had been lost.

I not only loved her as Princess Leia, but also her writing (I had literally just finished one of her books "Shockoholic" just a few days before) and her other roles. Her turn in "When Harry met Sally" was a particular fave.

But yes, a childhood hero(ine) was lost as well.

RIP Carrie

Comment

It's not looking good for the Fisher Family; Debbie Reynolds has been hospitalized a day after her daughter's death.

Comment

Thank you, dark, for making this thread. I was intending to do one separate here for our General Princess but I've been very bogged down.

There is a huge hole in the Force, and it will never be filled in again.

Carrie was an icon, playing a strong, feisty, smart, beautiful woman - Leia mirrored her in every way. I'm so proud to have such a wonderful female character who transcended decades and generations, now and those still to come.

She battled many things in her life, and fought them off with her own Force of light. As BG mentioned, she was strength and courage, and showed those of us who suffer from a form of mental illness that you can beat it, and not let it rule your life.

I was just watching The Force Awakens last night and felt even more emotional at watching the Leia/Han scenes, that hug.

Carrie may no longer be with us physically, but we know her legacy is everlasting, and she will always be here with us, as we keep her alive with her films.

The Force will always be with you Carrie, Rest In Peace.

Comment

Comment

I saw the video and thought it was very sweet and encapsulated Carrie very well. Loved the little behind the scenes stuff they threw in, including her incredible wit.

Comment

A report Friday by the Los Angeles County coroner’s office said Carrie Fisher died from sleep apnea along with other factors, but her official cause of death is still listed as “undetermined,” the agency said. It was unclear whether a full autopsy report would be released.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/carrie-f...rt-1202115247/

Comment

UPDATE: Carrie Fisher had cocaine, heroin and ecstasy in her system when she died last December, according to an autopsy report obtained.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.g...ystem-48134491

Comment

Yeah, I mean, it doesn't change anything as far as I am concerned, and certainly not how I feel about her. We knew she fought addiction and various mental disorders her entire life. I honestly would have been more surprised if they had found nothing.

Comment

^ This, BG. Well said.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎