No announcement yet.

Who is Prometheus?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Prometheus?

In case it's revealed tonight, talk about it here, but beforehand if you have any guesses, vote in the poll! Who do you think Prometheus is on Arrow?
    Tommy Merlyn
    0%
    Malcolm Merlyn
    0%
    The original Sara Lance from the pilot
    0%
    Raisa the Maid
    0%
    Paul (Curtis' husband)
    0%
    Billy Malone
    0%
    Adrian Chase
    0%
    Quentin Lance
    0%
    Justin Hartley
    0%
    Adam Hunt
    0%

And if you think it's "none of the above" feel free to say so!

Comment

I didn't include him as a choice, but he kind of fights like Slade Wilson...

Comment

It's very convenient that Laurel shows up when everything goes to hell (I know much of that is CW drama for the sake of drama). I'm still sticking with Tommy being Prometheus but, again Laurel showing up is too suspect.

Comment

When I saw him at the start of the episode, I thought it was Roy Harper, based on height.

By the end of it, I'm not so sure it's Roy because age wise, Roy isn't in his 30's.

Comment

Lol, love the poll shoutout to Pilot version Sara aka pre-Caity Sara. We may as well call her Earth-0 Sara.

I even have a motivation for her Prometheus heel turn: after being forgotten by Oliver all these years, she seeks vengeance on anyone who forgets that she was the O.G. Sara. I'll even give her some backstory: after a year on an outlying island of Lian Yu was found and trained by Slade, recruited into ARGUS, left for dead on a mission that went sideways in Crimea, fell into business with Kovar and the Bratva, plotted her revenge when she learned Oliver did not go down with the Gambit. Instant badass Pilot Sara.

Just in case anyone thinks this is a serious theory, I'm joking.

Hey, we gotta show some love for Pilot "one-shot" brunette Sara ... Jacqueline MacInnes Wood.

Comment

I don't know who he is, but he's one cold son of a gun.

Comment

Not Claybourne junior obviously.

With Billy out of the way, I'm going with Quentin. Haven't they said that it's someone who has access to SCPD evidence (which makes me wonder why they suspected the Claybournes in the first place...)?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  Not Claybourne junior obviously.

With Billy out of the way, I'm going with Quentin. Haven't they said that it's someone who has access to SCPD evidence (which makes me wonder why they suspected the Claybournes in the first place...)?
                  That doesn't necessarily mean Prometheus has direct access. They could have access through someone else working with or for SCPD.

The way Prometheus moved suggests it was not Quentin.

Comment

I believe my original thought is way off, but based on the episode I would lean towards a Flashpoint version of Slade Wilson. The knife to Oliver's eye may have been a subtle clue. Also the fact that he didn't want to kill Oliver, but make him suffer...just like S1 Deathstroke.

Comment

Prometheus said "Green Arrow is mine", then it's Carrie Cutter obviously, who is punishing him for pushing her away.

Btw. did you notice that Paul Blackthorne was credited although he didn't show up in this episode? Do they credit all regular actors in very episode even if they don't appear?

Also, srsly, people, why do you want Prometheus to be Tommy and in the result screw up his character completely? Can someone explain? :|

Claybourne Jr. being revealed as the villain at this point seems a bit too early, but then again, Malcolm was also revealed around that time.

You know, it seems that for Ollie they are two times of the year that totally sucks (more than other years) - Christmas time and around his birthday (May).

Comment

As long as you're a regular, your name appears in the credits whether you're in the episode or not. There are exceptions to the rule, such as if someone's identity or appearance are a secret, but otherwise the name shows up.

Comment

I think (and hope) it is Slade Wilson. It is the same style as in season two - not killing Oliver but alienating or killing those he cares for with some complicated plan to punish Oliver. Also, we never saw the promised plan of Wilson trying to take away everybody from Oliver to destroy him as he said he would do in both season two and in the episode in season three.

I hope it is Slade because I think much of Oliver's psychological problems are connected to him. How he betrayed Slade, even killed him. We saw how much this influences his self-loathing both in season two and three: in three he didn't even care if he lived or was killed by Amanda Waller, just because he killed Slade at the end of season two (or thought he did). And his hallucination in season two, in which Slade fought him like he fought Bill Wintergreen after betrayal was showing how much he felt he deserved to die.

Ever since he killed Slade he grew darker and darker - both towards himself as towards others. In the flashbacks and as the Hood he easily killed and tortured people, and also seemed to search for ways to be tortured himself. As if he wanted to be punished (like John now). But he had not been this way before he put that arrow into Slade's eye, at first Shado's death even increased his desire to live and to learn fighting and helping people. Then, when he learned of how it happened, Slade took Oliver's supposed "choosing" really hard and Oliver seemed to loose all respect towards himself. He seemed to feel he had worked hard to become someone else (not that self-centered playboy any more) but it had not helped at all.

Of course my hope is also kindled by the fact that Oliver was fighting Deathstroke in the 100th episode, when Thea fought Malcom, and Ray some miracuru soldier.

Just wondering about the bow. Does Deathstroke use the bow and arrow? He seemed to prefer a gun so far. Also, Oliver recognized something of the fighting style as he learned (will learn in the flashbacks) before becoming the hood. So both of this speaks against Prometheus being Wilson. I mean, shouldn't Oliver recognize Slade's fighting style? Or is Deathstroke so good he can easily change his fighting style to fool Oliver?

So maybe I should vote for Raisa after all .

Comment

Only considering the included characters my guess is Adrian Chase. He is creepy. But he could also be "the vigilante". Odd is also that the reporter became more interested in Oliver after learning of his connections to the Bratva. So maybe she is Prometheus (or the vigilante).

However, for Prometheus my first guess is still Slade Wilson. Prometheus remark about "it" being about much more than revenge suggests that the Clayborne junior lead is a dead end and not the original motive (because if it was Clayborne that would be revenge, right?). Slade always seemed to be worried that Oliver would become instable and in the Argus prison he mentioned that he "created" Oliver, the killer. Manipulating Oliver to kill a friend might show Oliver that he still kills too easily.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎