Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What We Leave Behind" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth-whatever-Laurel???

Comment

I hope thats Earth 2 Laurel.

Comment

This season has been fantastic so far. The worst episode this year has been OK and that's pretty freaking good.

Comment

Omg Laurel ..hell of a midseason finale. This season has been good so far...so happy

Comment

So is this another Earth Laurel? If Flashpoint saved her, then where has she been since May? And how did she get to the lair when they said in the episode that they had changed the codes to get in after Curtis was attacked?

Comment

Will post this here in case we don't get a review thread this week. For a fall finale I'd give it a thumbs in the middle. Better than Dark Waters but not as good as the three before that.

Quite an eventful final minute. Oliver kisses Susan and sleeps (?) with her, all the while, Susan has a bottle of Russian vodka. And that's on the heels of us finding out about Prometheus' training being tied to Russia. Hmm... As for Laurel, I'm going with her being Black Siren, although she was clearly disguised to make viewers think that Laurel was alive again.

I am glad they went out of their way to make Prometheus look like a devious badass. His scheme with Billy was unexpected and messed with Oliver's head very well. I am not convinced he is Claybourne's son though. A few episodes ago they revealed that it's someone who had access to SCPD weapons, so we should still be looking at a SCPD member, right? The only part of the Prometheus arc that wasn't remotely interesting was Evelyn. She was upset with Oliver for being a killer, so she aligned herself with another killer. Nice logic. It was also weird how she fell off the rader after her betrayal was revealed.

The season 1 flashbacks captured the essence of that season very well, I thought. I also liked how they intercut them with the present when Oliver was revisiting the scene of the crime. The only flashback scene that was off was the Olicity one. The stuff with the red pen was fan service of the highest order.

It's a shame they have no idea what to do with Thea, aside from being Oliver and Quentin's support system. And since this episode didn't involve any mayor stuff, she just wore her suit on again because reasons...

The Curtis/Paul stuff was grating. Exactly the type of melodrama that turned a lot of people against the show last season.

Poor Tyler Ritter. Got cast to play one of the most pointless characters in the show's history, never got more than 1-2 minutes of screentime and then got written off like this.

Wild Dog's got jokes.

6/10

Comment

It was a good episode.

I'm wondering if at the end of the season, seeing as Oliver will finally be free of the Island (his "prison") in the flashbacks, the present day Oliver Queen might end up in prison for killing a police officer and so on...

Comment

It was a solid episode - the switch between flashbacks and present was one of the best transition of this type the show made up to this date. Prometheus turns out to be a very dangerous enemy, meticulous and ominous. He tricked Oliver into this situation in a very clever and cruel way. The moment when Ollie comes back to the Arrowcave was one of the most depressing moments they had.

Some stuff brought the pace of the episode down - namely Curtis and Paul drama, and completely useless flashback with the red pen, that added nothing.

I still like Rene. Rory too. As for Rene - I bet he had a kid with his ex-, and their fall apart after he came back from the army, dishonored.

Now the question who Laurel-not-Laurel truly is? And who will be brave enough to tell Laurel about her return? :P

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    Will post this here in case we don't get a review thread this week. For a fall finale I'd give it a thumbs in the middle. Better than Dark Waters but not as good as the three before that.

Quite an eventful final minute. Oliver kisses Susan and sleeps (?) with her, all the while, Susan has a bottle of Russian vodka. And that's on the heels of us finding out about Prometheus' training being tied to Russia. Hmm... As for Laurel, I'm going with her being Black Siren, although she was clearly disguised to make viewers think that Laurel was alive again.

I am glad they went out of their way to make Prometheus look like a devious badass. His scheme with Billy was unexpected and messed with Oliver's head very well. I am not convinced he is Claybourne's son though. A few episodes ago they revealed that it's someone who had access to SCPD weapons, so we should still be looking at a SCPD member, right? The only part of the Prometheus arc that wasn't remotely interesting was Evelyn. She was upset with Oliver for being a killer, so she aligned herself with another killer. Nice logic. It was also weird how she fell off the rader after her betrayal was revealed.

The season 1 flashbacks captured the essence of that season very well, I thought. I also liked how they intercut them with the present when Oliver was revisiting the scene of the crime. The only flashback scene that was off was the Olicity one. The stuff with the red pen was fan service of the highest order.

It's a shame they have no idea what to do with Thea, aside from being Oliver and Quentin's support system. And since this episode didn't involve any mayor stuff, she just wore her suit on again because reasons...

The Curtis/Paul stuff was grating. Exactly the type of melodrama that turned a lot of people against the show last season.

Poor Tyler Ritter. Got cast to play one of the most pointless characters in the show's history, never got more than 1-2 minutes of screentime and then got written off like this.

Wild Dog's got jokes. [emoji38]

6/10
                    Thought it was way better than a 6 but that's me. I'd give it a 9...one point down cause of the Curtis drama but it didn't bother me too much...as long as it ends there.

Felicity and Ollie i assume are done forever. I hope...also hope this is Laurel and not some dream

Comment

Originally posted by Sure-Oz
                      Felicity and Ollie i assume are done forever. I hope...also hope this is Laurel and not some dream
                      Going with Earth-2 Laurel, personally. I don't get the impression that they want to fix the mistake they made with Laurel last season.

I see a number of people say the same about Olicity, but I doubt it. I liken this situation a bit to Barry creating Flashpoint and killing Cisco's brother as a side effect. Oliver did something rush (he could have shot the knee for crying out loud) and he ended up killing Billy. But just like Cisco ultimately forgave Barry, Felicity will do the same with Oliver. If she didn't already in this episode.

Comment

Basically I agree with what many of you have already brought up. The tie-in with S1 flashbacks(!) was done well, it helped to ramp up the tension to Prometheus' diabolical mimicking of a previous Hood hit. Yeah, Claybourne's son is a red herring, all those clues too conveniently planted for Ollie to connect the dots -- this is Prometheus messing with Oliver's head, in the way he messed with Quentin's -- to mess with Ollie's -- earlier. We all predicted that Billy was cannon fodder, but how it played out was unexpected and very devious. It could have had more emotional impact if we had actually cared about Billy. Sadly, he was little more than a plot device to be discarded at the earliest opportunity.

(On the plus side, Billy dying by the hand of the guy who your girl actually loves means automatic entry to the ... wait for it ... 'Dude Can't Catch a Break' Club. The Ghost of Tommy will welcome you with open arms, and don't forget to sign up for the "Missin' That Mistletoe" Xmas Formal. Single tickets only. Please RSVP with Caitlin 'Lost a Dude per Year' Snow. Pls include your sizing for the club's 2016 Ugly Xmas Sweater (only 2 left for XL) ATTN: Cisco Ramon.)

"Billy: Yeah, it kinda sucks to die by the hand of the dude that my girl truly loves. She couldn't even drop the 'L' word with me. It's actually worse than being friend-zoned. I should have clued in at that holiday party from hell. Talk about owning the Third Wheel title -- you may as well call me a sucker, cuz I've been born as one every. single. day since the S5 premiere!

Cisco: Duuuuude, you cannot catch a break! To be fair, Tommy also knows a thing or two about dying in the arms of the guy who took your girl. Not that it's a contest or anything. When a dude hurts, we all hurt inside collectively. Your shattered heart, our shattered hearts. Your tears are our tears.

Ray: *to Billy* Bro, I'm there for you. We're all there for you. *manly hugs and backslapping ensues*"

While Billy's death could still be used to feed some unnecessary Olicity angst, I think they essentially muffled it going into operatic levels with Felicity's quick statement that this was all Prometheus' doing. I don't think they'll go with the predictable blame game this time, because if she did it would counter what she just stated in this ep. and the Arrow version of a group hug they just had. If they were to use Billy's death to generate tremendous melodrama -- it would only make Felicity look bad and acting out of context with what we've just seen.

Anyway, for people who relish the angst -- we had Curtis and Paul serve up an all-you-can-eat buffet of it. Gorge on that, shippers. Maybe Curtis or Paul can roll up to Queen/Luthor mansion and gripe about their relationship woes to Lex over a game of pool and some scotch too, while waiting for Lana to (again) deliver those financial statements from the Talon. Lex can save time and make it a group therapy session. Typical CW secrets 'n lies nonsense. Poor Curtis, if they play this out to the hilt he'll become S5's Felicity.

Evelyn, even with her heel turn, is still not that convincing to me and her logic in aligning with Prometheus doesn't add up. Stop a "serial killer" by siding with another one? Wild Dog may likely be on deck to pay the ultimate price for the cause, but Evelyn may also taste some Hood-style justice and would deserve it, if they don't come up with anything better for her. And of the two, it would be Wild Dog I'd mourn. (Sorry, Teen Canary, you're gonna have to bring it, big time -- and quickly -- as a character to get empathy from me.)

S1 Olicity flashback, it was typically cheesy but I'd chalk it up as throwing the shippers a bone. After Laurel getting an undeniable mic-dropping and emotionally powerful presence in 100, they probably felt left out of much of S5's first half (not that I feel bad about it -- the shoe's on the other foot now, after the two past seasons of their crowing about taking over Arrow and sneering about ignoring canon. #SorryNotSorry )

As for "Laurel" in the final scene, I'd also go with Earth-2 Black Siren. Any return of E-1 Laurel would require the kind of planning, effort and forethought that obviously went into 100 (they knew they had to be going on all cylinders with this ep.). it's not something they (or I) would want to see hatched up in a rush ... and I just don't see them bringing the real Laurel back in any scenario that wouldn't look like a cheap stunt. I'm in the acceptance stage of grief, where I'm resigning myself to the fact that I probably saw the last of the Laurel we knew back in 100. Any Laurel we're getting will be a doppelganger, timeline jumper, clone, etc. etc.

Overall I enjoyed this one. Imagine that, flashbacks that were mostly good. We tend to forget S1 Hood was practically a murderous out of control vigilante, he was offing people left and right if they got in the way.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎