Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Present?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am tired and every evil speedster being faster than Barry. Now, we have Wally who is faster than Barry was at this point in his powers. Barry was in the speed force. Talking to the speed force. He should be the fastest.

Comment

So, either Wally will be the one who dies in battle against Savitar or by seasons end, he moves to Earth-2 to be with Jessie Quick and be that Earth's Flash speedster. The fact that Wally is faster than Barry is kind of iffy, but I can't see them keeping 2 good speedsters on Earth-1....otherwise, the the majority of the villains in Central City will be dealt with in the first 5 minutes of each episode.

Comment

Wally isn't faster than Barry currently. He is faster than Barry was at that point in his career as a speedster.

Comment

I can't accept the fact that Iris is going to die, she CAN NOT. I really do hate soap opera drama stuff but Iris can't die she just can't. I have a theory that Wally is Savitar and he will be the betrayer, he's so obsessed with speed and maybe his speed will be taken away because he got it from the stone and yeah. The episode was amazing but I'm kind of upset there was no cliffhanger or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
            @ President Luthor & Costas 22

Wally is realistically the only candidate for the 'betrayer'. The stone is now in the speed force, it will therefore take a speedster to take it out. Barry won't as he knows that releasing Savitar could make Iris' possible future come true. That leaves Jay and Wally. Jay won't want to mess as he won't want that possible future to come true, so we are left with Wally.

With Savitar and the stone gone (for the time being), it is my opinion that Wally is going to start losing his powers, as his powers were given to him by Savitar acting through Alchemy. Savitar doesn't move at super speed, he can change the speed of stuff around him and imbue others with speed.
            I think that a power losing Wally will therefore go and retrieve the stone in order to keep his powers.

As regards the one who will suffer a fate worse than death, Barry is the only candidate there. He created this current timeline by trying to save the one person he loved the most in the past, it is therefore natural poetic justice that the end result is that he will lose the one person he cares about the most in the present. He will therefore learn his lesson, don't screw with time or time will end up screwing you.
            Sorry mate but the only one realistically betraying the team here is Killer Frost. She's probably also the one who'll "suffer a fate worse than death" because she's struggling to control her Frost persona ala Hulk.

Therefore Savitar will most likely either take control of Kate's mind directly or infiltrate her mind and somehow release her Killer Frost persona for her. Some think Kate is suppressing her Killer Frost persona thanks to those cuffs but I personally think she's playing the team this whole time. So I think in the end that she'll forge an alliance with Savitar in order to boost up her own powers to take down Barry's team.

Savitar gave those three different prophicies but no one ever said that a single character couldn't suffer more than one of those fates.

as to who'll die that's up to anyone's guess now that Barry once again saw a future through time travel and will most likely change it (talk about a guy who doesn't learn his time travel lessons, sheesh). I hope its not Joe as I actually like him and while I'm "meh" about Iris as a character she is integral to DC comics lore for the Flash so I don't want the CW team to pull the same mistakes with Flash that they did with Arrow in killing off Laurel. Wells seems like a good candidate for this as 1 I don't like him anyways and 2 he's the most "expendable" extra character on team Flash and finally 3 this would be a great excuse to bring Harry back, who I like more than H.R.

Comment

I'm going to go with Joe being the one who does end up dying. Based on other CW shows, if you're a parent of one of the main characters you don't last. Oliver and his parents, almost all the characters of the Vampire Diaries and their parents, Barry and his parents.

Comment

Originally posted by smllvllfn
                I'm going to go with Joe being the one who does end up dying. Based on other CW shows, if you're a parent of one of the main characters you don't last. Oliver and his parents, almost all the characters of the Vampire Diaries and their parents, Barry and his parents.
                Don't watch Diaries but yeah you are correct with the other parentage deaths trends although to be fair Lance is still alive in Arrow last I checked (unless they killed him off too since they offed Laurel and I missed it) so there still may be some precedence to keep Joe alive and I hope they do.

Comment

If they kill off Joe, then the show is really going to suffer from a lack of father-son interactions, etc. Pa Kent was sorely missed in Smallville when the writers made the decision to knock him off in favor of keeping Lana around. Joe west often have the best lines on the show at times too!

And I tell you, there's going to be a lot of people who might become Iris-haters overnight the same way some people started hating Lana because of this.
                  I think if the writers are smart, they won't go down this route.

Comment

Lost my taste for the Flash's time travel.
                    The ALCHEMY plotline was fun—and Julian on TeamFlash! Excited for where that leads.
                    Barry getting his job back reminded me of a thing: I wish they would have more plotlines driven by Barry's CSI work. In some Daredevil comics, they do a fantastic job of this, where half the time superheroing gets Daredevil invested into a legal case, and half the time doing a legal case leads to him interfering as a superhero. All that we see of Barry's life is IrisRomance, TeamFlash, and fighting over the lab with Julian. Can we get some variety, please?
                    Other things: Jay becoming a father figure to Barry. It works. I'm glad Jay returns to his Earth and they use is sparingly.
                    @ Vantheman77: Cisco and Dante's relationship does seem deeper here then it was portrayed last season. Yes, losing a brother has got to be hard, but they did make a plotline over showing that Cisco and Dante weren't close PreviouslyOnFlash, so it's like going backwards. Maybe it's because of Flashpoint.

Comment

Real tired of Barry time traveling. On Smallville, Clark only time traveled four times in 218 episodes/10 seasons. Barry has done more time travels in 55 episodes/2,5 seasons, than Clark did in ten years (not to mention, Clark didn't even time travel until the 100th episode). Even in total time travel plots/episodes Flash surpasses Smallville (7-8 episodes, depending on how you count "Pandora", which only shows flashbacks to the time travel from two earlier episodes. I'm not counting "Crisis", as that only had a phone call from the future, not a character traveling through time).

I was hoping we'd dig into Barry's finances, now that he's no longer a CSI. "Wells" left him everything, so is Barry wealthy (which would resolve a lot of people's questions about who pays for everything at Star Labs)? Not that I'd imagen "Wells" would have all that much money (likely got sued by everyone in Central City, for the particle accelerator explosion).

I have no reaction to seeing Iris getting killed. I know they're going to have a fake-out, where it wasn't actually her (time remnant, clone, counterpart from another universe, someone disguised as her); have someone take her place (probably Joe); have Barry time travel and undo it; do like the comics and have her mind be placed in an identical body, after she gets killed (which then, probably, also leads to yet another time travel plot, where she finds out she's actually adopted and was born in the 30th century).
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 12-12-2016, 05:18 AM.

Comment

'The Present' is a good episode. We finally get Kid Flash in the main timeline. The real Jay is back and Jillian is free from the main bad guy. We know that he'll come back, but we don't know when. I have this feeling that we'll see Alchemy again, but this time it will be someone else.
                        Last edited by mbozzo; 12-31-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎