Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Invasion?" Legends

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was a fairly okay ep, but seemed to not focus that much on the LOT crew and instead were used to clean up after the invasion story line. If somebody only watched the LOT series and not the other shows, I think they're going to be fairly confused about the fact that not a lot of the LOT crew showed up here in this ep.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
      Cisco, while having a justifiable beef with Barry, seems like a hypocrite when it comes to time travel. First, he was mad at Barry for not saving Dante. Then he was mad at Barry for trying to save Nora and inadvertently causing Dante's death. Here, he was gung-ho about time traveling with the express purpose of changing the past. In all of this, he has failed to consider that saving Dante could result in Caitlin's death or something equally bad.
      That and when Barry even told him of how he wouldn't want the burden of screwing over someone else like as you pointed out, his response boils down to "My brother would be alive, that's all that matters".

Still for the most part I'd say his resentment for Flash Season 3 and Invasion was understandable save for:

1. Stating that he wouldn't let his grief get in the way of the mission and then latter ratting Barry out. Either table your grief for the greater good or can the pretense.

2. Putting our knowledge of Barry's actions aside, from Dante's death to Barry admitting that he went back in time to save his mom (assuming that the residential Barry might have done the same despite refusing to save Dante) Cisco really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Until Barry's admission, it just seemed like Cisco is using him as scapegoat since as far as he knows Barry wasn't acting hypocritically at the time and had nothing to do with him dying.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
      They spread out a story that could have been told in 2 eps max over three episodes, with SG not really an Invasion ep. And there was no way they could cut corners on Arrow 100. Arrow fans like me would have been livid had Invasion gutted such a landmark moment in the series. They wisely allowed Flash and Legends to handle most of the crossover plot points.
      Plus as much as it's possibly a copout, the crossover itself all sprung from Arrow whether it's Barry who debuted in Season 2, as well as White Canary and Atom, plus the inclusion of Heatwave and Firestorm from the first Arrow spinoff (again, The Flash).

Supergirl you could say is iffy as without the multiverse incorporation it would have been it's own thing.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎