0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Failed this city

2 11.76%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggard01 View Post
    Why do you even have to attack him in the first place? I will say atleast your honest about compared to some other people I've dealt with who try and play "the victim" card. So I'll give you that.

Again, why attack him? I don't get it other then your so focused on your views you've got to go such great lengths to prove a point. To prove something about some rating system that you think should be the law.

Because I come here to discuss the show and well guys like you don't want to do that. There is disagreeing about things on the show then there is what I've guys like you do of just non stop hatred of Arrow, that I've seen on here and also for sure show up on Reddit.

I'd say this episode is probably the first Arrow season 5 episode you've watched.

Your nearly a click away from ending up on my block list. Why? Because your like Dagenspear for reasons I've already explained. Also I might have not even seriously considered sticking you on there but going after JDBentz? That made up my mind and well I do get tiered of seeing constant negativity after awhile.

I frankly don't have time to deal with every person like you I encounter on both the Olicty and certain comic book/ normal fans.
    Actually I haven't seen this episode as of yet, I have watched episodes 4 & 5 I believe it was but wasn't convinced of returning. I'll look into this episode when I find time, wasn't thrilled by Supergirl and the Flash's episodes of the crossover though. Sadly I haven't seen anything since the end of season 3 to make me return to posting like I did when I first came here, sorry if I'm not as cheery about the show as most here. I also don't post nearly as often as I did so the only constant negativity is me posting although you all should enjoy multiple days, if not weeks or months, without seeing a word from me.

Appropriate use of the 1-10 scale is common courtesy to other people who use such a scale to form opinions and make decisions. If I decided that 10 means a flop and 1 was perfect I'd be deceiving anyone using “my“ scale because there's a common consensus what's meant by a 1-10 rating. Call it a law if you like, I prefer calling it common courtesy to others.

JDBentz seemed to believe I was singleing him out in my rant and if he believes that then I must be attacking him, if I was then I'd make a point of indicating that. I do find a discussion with somebody that doesn't share your opinion it's preferred to shutdown and ignore instead of bringing forth reasons defending ones opinion questionable. I'm willing to take on anyone that doesn't agree as shown by me also countering costas22 yet I don't believe in intentionally harassing anybody. JDBentz doesn't wish to continue the discussion, fine it's over.
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 12-01-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    I enjoyed every single minute of it. Great tribute to the show and actually I felt really moved watching emotional moments Oliver (and Thea also) had with their parents. Liked also Ollies scenes with Laurel, and finally he admitted that she deserved better than him.
    It was a fitting tribute to Arrow after 100 episodes. They handled it well overall. Maybe some crossover fans might be miffed that it was 80% Arrow nostalgia while only 20% crossover tie-in -- but, really, they can't have expected any less for a 100 episode. The crossover segment, while short, was jam-packed -- they were in freaking outer space, Oliver was blasting an alien laser gun(!). I think the crossover fans got plenty, even with the Arrow-centric focus. I think they struck as good a balance as they could have, and wisely sided with paying homage to Arrow's past. Arrow has done plenty in helping launching many DCTV characters and shows over the years, at times to the detriment of its own show, so I won't begrudge them for rightly claiming some of the spotlight for achieving 100 eps.

Also, deeply moving scene between Thea and Oliver - their sibling relationship is one of my favorite of all times in "Arrow" and that episode showed why.
    I thought Oliver bidding goodbye to his parents was heart-wrenching enough. Then Thea appeared and WOW! Willa owned that scene, she was a rockstar in that moment - no one was even close. On the "darkest" series in the Flarrowverse where few of them could truly say they were happy, who could fault Thea for wanting to claim some of the happiness that has been denied them all. Amazing performance. And I will freely give SA credit too for bringing it in all those emotional scenes, he left it all in the ring, some of his best work.

I think Oliver saying goodbye to Laurel was also in a way saying goodbye to this version of Laurel, maybe giving him the closure he never quite had last season. I'd also see it as Oliver finally acknowledging what he did lose when he lost Laurel. (I'm thinking of the scene when he was pleading with her to elope right now so that he wouldn't lose the happiness that he sensed was slipping away. Great scene too.) His leaving Laurel was bittersweet, but I expected this too. When we see Laurel next, it'll be some alternate earth/timeline doppelganger.

It'll still be fun, but I think the Laurel we knew and loved is standing there, on the steps of Queen Mansion. I think as a fan I'd like to remember her not as a dead body on a gurney in S4, but like this -- immortal in that delicious bridal gown, on a pedestal, an unattainable symbol of happiness: glorious, strong and beautiful. Dammit, I'll marry you, Laurel Lance!

She did deserve better than Ollie and this ep. essentially states that this is true.

Forum Whiz
    Deleted
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 12-02-2016 at 05:39 AM.

Forum Whiz
    That was a very... interesting episode.

The alternative timeline was great. It was absolutely wonderful seeing Moira and Laurel again. Wish we would have seen more of Moira though. Both looked amazing.

The present timeline, with the exception of Barry and Kara, just showed how horrific the present characters are compared to the characters from the alternative timeline. Wild Dog is unlikeable, Curtis is irritating and Rory is just there. Literally, his only use in this episode was explaining about the Gematriyah in the Torah. Was quite jarring.

The alternative timeline was rather grounded and then when everyone woke up, it was like being in an episode of Star Wars. Again, very jarring.

Acting was great. Stephen Amell did a good job. You can tell he enjoyed working with the old characters again.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Rory is my favorite character from the present I wish the writers thought of more uses for his character because he seems really interesting.

Forum Regular
    Well I happen to like Wild Dog. But anyway regardless of that, I think people are missing the point of tbe new team. Thier presence is merely to inform Olivers jouney and where he currently is at as a character. He is now truly a leader. Sure he had a team before, but I liken it to him being team captain. He would direct Roy, Laurel, Dig and Felicity but decisions were mostly made collaboratively, especially in seasons 3 and 4. Seasons 1 and 2 was putting together the team and he and Dig were more partners then anything else. But now Oliver is the boss, its his way or the highway. Hes more like a police captain that always goes out in the field. The new team is just a way to highlight his growth. Hell i wouldn't be shocked if half or all they are killed off by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 134sc View Post
    Well I happen to like Wild Dog. But anyway regardless of that, I think people are missing the point of tbe new team. Thier presence is merely to inform Olivers jouney and where he currently is at as a character. He is now truly a leader. Sure he had a team before, but I liken it to him being team captain. He would direct Roy, Laurel, Dig and Felicity but decisions were mostly made collaboratively, especially in seasons 3 and 4. Seasons 1 and 2 was putting together the team and he and Dig were more partners then anything else. But now Oliver is the boss, its his way or the highway. Hes more like a police captain that always goes out in the field. The new team is just a way to highlight his growth. Hell i wouldn't be shocked if half or all they are killed off by the end of the season.
    I fully expect one or more of them not to make it past the S5 finale. By death, burnout, exile, forced out, etc. With Evelyn's heel turn she's gotta be in the running for getting the axe (or arrow). Any of the newbies have good odds. Some could even bolt to Legends or another show if they somehow survive this season.

I see some people saying this ep was final goodbye to Laurel. I don't think this is the final goodbye to E1 Laurel. We even saw Roy, and Felicity as holograms, that doesn't mean Oliver wont see them again.

Though i think it will be QUIET a while before we see E1 Laurel return. Definitely not in Season 5, since they recently killed her off, and wouldn't waste the platform they have for telling stories.(E.g Lance) Once that platform for story has run out, they would want to bring new stories, so bringing back E1 Laurel in S6 would be wise.

In the Arrow 100th episode, Oliver/Laurel scenes were just touching as hell, and definitely displayed chemistry. Hope the positive response from fans, and that chemistry encourages them to go in that direction again. No matter how much they want Felicity to replace Laurel, it's not gonna happen and nor will it work. There's no Flash without Iris, and certainly no Green Arrow without, Oliver and Laurel. Even though Guggenheim is anti-canon, let's hope Berlanti makes the choice to go in that direction, with Andrew Kreisberg pushing it.

If the new team's purpose was to highlight Oliver's leadership skills, then the show certainly has a funny way of showing it. Because there have been so many occasions this season where Oliver was portrayed to be in the wrong as a leader (be it training or strategizing) just to prop Felicity and the recruits that I lost count. But don't take my word for it. Take Guggenheim's: “One of the things we embrace on the show is he’s a hypocrite, he’s kind of a lousy leader, he makes terrible decisions. It gives us fodder for a lot of stories”.

Link:http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/10...arc-guggenheim

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    If the new team's purpose was to highlight Oliver's leadership skills, then the show certainly has a funny way of showing it. Because there have been so many occasions this season where Oliver was portrayed to be in the wrong as a leader (be it training or strategizing) just to prop Felicity and the recruits that I lost count. But don't take my word for it. Take Guggenheim's: “One of the things we embrace on the show is he’s a hypocrite, he’s kind of a lousy leader, he makes terrible decisions. It gives us fodder for a lot of stories”.

Link:http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/10...arc-guggenheim
    Well Guggenheim can say what he wants, but from what ive seen on screen after that whole trust episode, Oliver has been a pretty good leader. I mean hes not perfect, but like he said to Barry, mistakes are part of the job. Regardless of that, Oliver has his teams respect and they look to him for guidance. Now, they wont even act without his say so. Well, Artemis notwithstanding. She has some deeper issues clouding her judgement.

Forum Whiz
    Whether it's to showcase Oliver's leadership skills or not, the new team are written terribly and much worse than the original characters (who are also better actors).

I'd agree with what one of those after shows said. This Laurel was an idealized Laurel matrix construct drawn from the best impressions Ollie and Co. have of her. The aliens only had this to go by when creating this fantasy for them. Having said that, I feel she does represent/symbolize E1 Laurel and it's undeniable this is the woman he'd loved for half his life. I think this allows them to leave the door open to bringing back Laurel down the road if it goes that way. If it's a go, then it is something I also wouldn't expect until a S6. Hate to see them rush it and botch it.

If she's not returning then Arrow 100 was a mic-drop worthy send off that treats her with dignity and the respect she's been denied at times. Matrix construct she may be, she represented the Laurel they all loved. She's Dinah Laurel freaking Black Canary Lance - if the DC heroes are gods she's every bit the goddess. It is right she is worshipped as such even if we don't see her again and the show did the right thing in 100 by acknowledging this. Overdue but about damn time.

If the new team is simply to show Oliver as leader, then the writers are failing at actually creating characters that are more than just cardboard cutouts. I wasn't impressed by the new team Arrow having not watched the rest of the season, but hopefully their character arcs are more fully fleshed out. Nothing wrong with them suporting Oliver's story/journey, but a good writing team would still make them 3 dimensional characters with story arcs and such.

That said, I really did enjoy this episode, though I'm a little surprised that Laurel was so central to the hallucination AU and that it seemed to show that Oliver still cared for her, since most of season 3 and season 4 tried to retcon out any connection they had. But this felt like a nice nod to season one, while also giving Oliver some nice character driven moments where he realized that fighting the good fight wasn't about getting a reward, but was a purpose worth striving for.

Settling In
    I loved this episode for couple of reasons:
    1. Sara fights - amazing, Caity Lotz brings the action scenes to another level
    2. Oliver interacting with his mother and father was great. I miss him having civilian life and also real feel of his double persona.
    3. Sara in that dress is criminally good
    4. Nostalgia for season one
    Of course it could have been some Sara's flash memories from her past before she was resurrected and may be a little scene between Sara and Quentin, but oh well.
    I didn't like that they didn't show the Canary or Black Canary in a flash memory.
    They brought up Laurel for a wedding?! Oh, well, how original! How I am supposed to believe she is this hero when all the stories for her character are about pinning for a guy. This is exactly the reason I will never be inspired by her stories. She was there to serve the Dominators' plan to trap the heroes?!
    I guess now I know why Stephen Amell was reading Sex and the City not so long ago

Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    It was a fitting tribute to Arrow after 100 episodes. They handled it well overall. Maybe some crossover fans might be miffed that it was 80% Arrow nostalgia while only 20% crossover tie-in -- but, really, they can't have expected any less for a 100 episode. The crossover segment, while short, was jam-packed -- they were in freaking outer space, Oliver was blasting an alien laser gun(!). I think the crossover fans got plenty, even with the Arrow-centric focus. I think they struck as good a balance as they could have, and wisely sided with paying homage to Arrow's past. Arrow has done plenty in helping launching many DCTV characters and shows over the years, at times to the detriment of its own show, so I won't begrudge them for rightly claiming some of the spotlight for achieving 100 eps.
    Yes, while people who watched that episode solely for crossover stuff might feel a bit cheated, I agree that "Arrow" as the show that started DC TV universe and helped to launch other tv shows deserved some more focus here.

Btw. only later I noticed that our reviews shared a lot of similar observations/thoughts. (Give back my brain ).

Quote Originally Posted by canaryalive View Post
    I loved this episode for couple of reasons:
    1. Sara fights - amazing, Caity Lotz brings the action scenes to another level
    2. Oliver interacting with his mother and father was great. I miss him having civilian life and also real feel of his double persona.
    3. Sara in that dress is criminally good
    4. Nostalgia for season one
    Of course it could have been some Sara's flash memories from her past before she was resurrected and may be a little scene between Sara and Quentin, but oh well.
    I didn't like that they didn't show the Canary or Black Canary in a flash memory.
    They brought up Laurel for a wedding?! Oh, well, how original! How I am supposed to believe she is this hero when all the stories for her character are about pinning for a guy. This is exactly the reason I will never be inspired by her stories. She was there to serve the Dominators' plan to trap the heroes?!
    I guess now I know why Stephen Amell was reading Sex and the City not so long ago
    Have you seen Batman TAS episode "Perchance to Dream"? Because Arrow 100 episode was obviously heavily inspired by that one. In Bruce's dream Selina Kyle was his fiancé. Is really seeing Laurel happy, surrounded by loving people, and Ollie finally admitting that she deserved someone better than him for that one single time something what would put her and her journey on the span of four seasons in bad light? Especially after the massive screw up and disservice to the character 4x18 was? Yes, Laurel's role in that episode was nothing else than A Gril Being in Love With a Guy, but I prefer that one than an unnecessary gruesome and awful scene with her dying in that hospital bed after mysterious seizure and what was even worse - shipping Olicity in her last words. And Ollie being a total jerk to her.

Well, I think a hero or vigilante hero doesn't need costume to be said hero/vigilante hero. Sara was badass when she took down Deathstroke and then Darhk. (need to catch up LOT to see more of her in action)

Btw. I've had a grim vision how Arrow 100 episode would look if the continued season 4 direction - imagine "Broken Hearts" and "The Fallen" combined x_x, and Queen Mansion's grounds covered entirely by love ferns...

As for Wild Dog being unlikeable - of course I will be again that one person who swims again the tide. I like him, and the actor performance adds here a lot, because in fact Rene consists of many Copy-Pasta Tropes. His part in Green Arrow's story is rather predictable. He is a bit like season 1 Oliver in his approach to doing vigilantism, a bit like Roy (reckless and rushing into fight without thinking at the beginning - hell, how he had survived those 5 months operating on his own?) and a bit like Dig (former soldier). And of course he will end up dead by the end of the season.

Would I like to see more of Canary-the Arrow duo, or the Black Canary and the Green Arrow, or maybe Arsenal - the Arrow - the Black Canary team? Of course I would. But I won't criticize Team Arrow 5.0 solely for not being those characters. Season 4 had four masked heroes and at the same time was a complete failure in showing the team operating. Season 5 seems to realize that they don't need to go in full force everywhere. The team is often split in two or three operating together - almost as if they've took a good example from how LOT has been doing that. There is still some issues but generally there've been an improvement. It's just like with the arrowchute - either you like it or not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast