2 11.76%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Failed this city

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of Arrow Episode 100?

What did you think?

Board Master
    A great tribute to the show for the past 100 episodes, but not a great fit for the crossover as Flash or Supergirl didn't need to be in it.

I'm just glad Artemis wasn't in this episode. That backstabber didn't deserve to be on the same grounds with Supergirl and Flash. Also, it was great to see Katie Cassidy, again. What could've and should've been with Oliver. But yeah, it felt like a waste to have both Supergirl and Flash in this episode. Though, it was really cool to see that double team move they pulled on that cyborg ( or whoever that woman was, lol).

Really enjoyed this episode...all of the feels and emotion. I hope they bring Laurel back. Great seeing her

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Loved it. It felt like i was back in season 2 again. A fun episode and reminded me of Perchance To Dream from Batman: The Animated Series.

Only thing i didnt like was we only had a small cameo by Tommy.

Forum Regular
    Boy , were oliver and his crew out of place on that space ship. I'm sure they'll be glad to fighting street level crime and i'll be glad to go back to not watching this show.
    Loved seeing jamey sheridan again; why is it that the characters i like the most always get killed off in these shows?
    As far as olivers trainees, i liked ragman, although i have no idea what he does on this show? I'm "meh" on mister terriffic and definitely don't like wild dog.
    This show is not for me, but i do like it when oliver plays with the metas.

Settling In
    A nice little nod about Tommy now being a doctor in Chicago!

Some quick thoughts:

As it was the 100th episode. I was fine with it leaning more towards series specific nostalgia. It was a tricky balance, but overall I did like it. Maybe there wasn't as much of Invasion in this as there was on Flash - I also feel this wasn't accidental. The Flash did most of the heavy lifting last ep. and LoT will be batting cleanup. They knew in advance Arrow 100 was happening and there is no way they were just going to let the crossover run roughshod over it (as many a crossover has in past seasons).

I felt they did pay homage to the show, loved seeing Laurel again. There may have been a man-tear or two when Oliver bid goodbye to his illusory parents and only an automaton would feel nothing when Thea pleaded to stay in this world and have the happiness the real world has denied them for so long. Willa slayed that scene! And it must be said: SA brought it when it mattered in those scenes, maybe even his finest moments. Having to leave Laurel, knowing what might have been, was bittersweet - as it should be. There were some brief shoutouts to Tommy and Roy too ... as well as Colin's new show, lol. Obviously we'd want more but there's this crossover thing going on.

Liked the villain shoutouts at the final battle on Queen's front lawn too, plus that whole alternate reality where Diggle was Arrow! Looks like Andy and him swapped careers - Diggle was the heel in that reality.

The subplot with the newbies side mission was meh, a throwaway FOTW plot. To be honest, they were never going to be the A plot in an Arrow 100 ep. It was more for the humour, Cisco being a bit more like himself without Barry around. It was cool to see Barry and Kara show up to help the new crew. And ironically it showed just how out of place metas are in the Arrowverse.

There was also some Waverider action too, something for everyone. It was okay as a crossover, certainly more relevant than the flimsy connection the SG ep had to Invasion.

As a tribute to the Arrow series, it shone. Yeah it was part of the crossover too, but this season I'm fine with Flash and LoT carrying the load this year for the crossover. Arrow deserved its moment in the spotlight: 100 Eps is a landmark by any standard.

In hindsight, I think it was a wrong decision to have the 100th episode coincide with the crossover. They did their best to make it work, but going from the alternate reality/Arrow season 1 homage to Oliver and co getting chased by alien ships felt over the top and quite an evident clash of styles. Maybe they should have done the crossovers one week earler this year. All that said, there was some stuff in this episode that I enjoyed very much.

For starters, this truly was a great nod to the early stages of the show. Seeing the likes of Robert, Moira and Laurel again made me realize how much the show has missed them. Especially the latter two, who looked ravishing. Not big on nostalgia, but an episode like this definitely called for it. Hell, I even liked seeing Malcolm back because we got to see him in his civilian phase again. Something that's gone missing ever since season 1. Pity Tommy wasn't there, but the inside joke about him being a doctor in Chicago was hilarious.

The alternate reality itself was a bit of a weird place. Did the Dominators want to give the 5 prisoners and idyllic place that they wouldn't want to escape from? Because I don't see how that would have been the case with Diggle. He didn't seem happier in this world than he is in real life. On the contrary. At the same time, if the AU was meant to trap them there, why include the Smoak Tech building that stuck out like a sore thumb (of the irony! ). That said, Oliver and Thea's lives certainly looked as perfect as possible. Their parents were alive, they still lived in the Luthor...I mean Queen mansion and Oliver would be getting married to Laurel. And I loved the fact that they focused on Thea's reaction to finding out it's a dream world and her reluctance to leave it. Thea has gone through a lot but she hasn't learned to deal with loss like Oliver has and it was understandable and heartbreaking to see her refuse to lose her parents again.

Like I said, seeing Katie Cassidy back was nice, but I wasn't a big fan of her AU storyline. There should have been more to her in that life than just being Oliver's bride to be. Not to mention that the sight of her getting left behind by Oliver is something they already did in Canary Cry and was a sour note to end her appearance on. At the same time, the scene were Oliver bids goodbye to his loved ones right before escaping the AU also felt off. If it was only supposed to be people that have died, what were Felicity and Roy doing there? If it was only supposed to be people no longer in his life, what was Felicity doing there? Unless this was some kind of message that the Felicity we saw in earlier seasons no longer exists.

Nice to see all the ghosts of Oliver's past come back for one final encore.

To wrap up on the AU stuff, I have to give kudos to Amell. He had his acting boots on and the scene where he hugs his parents was very heart wrenching. Same goes for the scene that followed between Amell and Willa.

As for the rest of the episode, I found it mostly indifferent. Don't like the recruits a great deal and this episode did little to change my opinion of them. With the exception of Ragman of course. He's the one guy whose scenes are easy to sit through. Just my opinion, but Kara and Barry were underused here and the subplot with cyborg-woman was just to have a fight scene for the sake of it.

Haven't said a lot about Felicity's role during this crossover. Her presence has been somewhat marginal, her line delivery has been tolerable (the "best teamup ever!" cringe excluded) and truth be told, Cisco has become a far more annoying presence than her. Why did he even have to be in this episode and get more screentime than Barry?

8/10 for the AU stuff, 5/10 for the rest of the episode. Giving this a 6.5/10.
    Last edited by costas22; 12-01-2016 at 03:35 AM.

Posting Pro

10/10. It was supposed to be an emotional episode and it delivered on that.

Unless Felicity and Roy's presence was supposed to signify the 'death' of Olicity and the possibility of Roy returning anytime soon, there was no point in them appearing.

Cisco, as as Costas says, is becoming a far more annoying presence. I'm beginning to wonder if this is supposed to signify that the 'tech experts' just don't have the guts to hack it in vigilante life. . . Or in Cisco's case, hack it in a life where he's around Barry. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up joining the Legends at some point if he and Barry don't work out their issues.

I've been checking in on the reviews on occasion and what I've found is somewhat disturbing to me. Episodes are to be rated 1-10, 1 being an absolute flop where anything changed what so ever would've improved the episode and 10 being perfect with absolutely zero faults. Both are extreme on the scale and therefore be used very sparingly. 1's have been dealt out sparingly, even in the horrible season 4, yet I'm seeing 10's getting handed out like candy this season even if the reviewer has some sort of critique of the episode. I would seriously suggest people rethink what it is they are doing, is it an honest review or are they trying to promote the show? Again, 1-2 and 9-10 should only get handed out to the most extreme episodes, not week after week as if that's the standard average.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    I've been checking in on the reviews on occasion and what I've found is somewhat disturbing to me. Episodes are to be rated 1-10, 1 being an absolute flop where anything changed what so ever would've improved the episode and 10 being perfect with absolutely zero faults. Both are extreme on the scale and therefore be used very sparingly. 1's have been dealt out sparingly, even in the horrible season 4, yet I'm seeing 10's getting handed out like candy this season even if the reviewer has some sort of critique of the episode. I would seriously suggest people rethink what it is they are doing, is it an honest review or are they trying to promote the show? Again, 1-2 and 9-10 should only get handed out to the most extreme episodes, not week after week as if that's the standard average.
    Are you speaking of posters on these forums or paid critics?

Posting Pro
    Pretty sure he means forum posters, and particularly me.

DoubleDevil: I am not going to let two things, that in the grand scheme of things are minor, take away from the fact the episode succeeded in what it set out to be. That's why I gave it a 10/10. That is the reasoning behind all the other times I do this, too.

Paid critics I'd expect that type of actions from, I'd watch/read 1-2 reviews biased in such a way and understand where their funding comes from (although I don't watch many paid critics aside from occasional movie reviews). I realy on “independant critics“, fans and everyday people not making a living off their reviews, that don't receive financial incentives to purposely misconstrue the message in order to build my own opinion. Sadly it seems our society today has warped things to such a degree that even without something as powerful as money a false narrative can be so ingrained that we've forgotten how to be constructively critical, myself included on many occasions. Can I (or others) “fanboy“ over things? Yes, but at some point one needs to step back and ask the tough questions and give honest answers.

To answer your question Backward Galaxy, I'm talking about people on this forum.

JD, you aren't the only one I'm pointing a finger at. Actually you've made a point in explaining why you hand out your high scores despite your criticisms (not that I agree with your reasoning, but I understand where you're coming from), it's more the “one time“ posters or those that lack the skill to voice why they loved the episode so much I'd love to wake up.
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 12-01-2016 at 08:33 AM.

Posting Pro
    DoubleDevil: Okay, I see what you mean and can understand where you're coming from.

The truth is I tried doing the critique thing but found I struggled because I actually do care about these characters. The difference between me and an Olicity fan? I can separate the actors/actresses from their characters.

Comics shows get me invested in ways other movies/TV shows don't. Not sure why. . .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast