No announcement yet.

To be revamped or replaced...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be revamped or replaced...?

Been doing some thinking. Between this show getting another four episodes this season and the posters for the Invasion crossover teasing the Hall of Justice, could they be planning to either revamp or cancel and replace Legends of Tomorrow with a Justice League series? You know, drop the time travel aspect (probably saving them quite a bit of money) and focus on them building a League of heroes.

Most of the characters have even been members of the Justice League: Atom, Firestorm, Vixen (though, she'd probably return to her own time), Black Canary (whom Sara is based on). Nate Heywood hasn't, but his cousin has.

Naturally, they wouldn't have a fully formed Justice League with a satellite (because that's totally something they could get their hands on, in five minutes), by the end of the first episode. Such a show would be about them trying to put together (setting up shop, finding possible new recruits, tackling the occational threat) what eventually becomes the Justice League.

Granted, they couldn't call it the "Justice League" (due to the movie). However, that name strikes me (as I picture such a show) as waayy down the line. Right now they're "Legends". Finding a new name isn't their top priority. They could take on the mantle as the new "Justice Society" for a while. Or use "Justice Experience" (yes, that's an existing DC team) or something else. Perhaps try a few. Not everything has to be in place, in the first five minutes.

It is interesting to note that DC's upcoming Justice League of America series spotlights characters we're seeing on TV (A few Legends + Batman and Lobo). Makes you wonder what DC's long-term plan is.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
      It is interesting to note that DC's upcoming Justice League of America series spotlights characters we're seeing on TV (A few Legends + Batman and Lobo). Makes you wonder what DC's long-term plan is.
      Makes me even sadder they still won't find a way for Barry's multi-earth/time travel shenanigans to permanently merge Kara's earth with Flarrowverse, then we COULD get the JLA proper. That would've been a perfect scenario for this season's cross over and the op's theory, plus would open doors for the Bat to start filtering his way into a CW show.

WB finally said yes to allowing Superman on screen now and then, no harm in saying so for the Bat at this point (especially since Kara has already made a few references to Gotham and its bat family already).

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
        Makes me even sadder they still won't find a way for Barry's multi-earth/time travel shenanigans to permanently merge Kara's earth with Flarrowverse, then we COULD get the JLA proper. That would've been a perfect scenario for this season's cross over and the op's theory, plus would open doors for the Bat to start filtering his way into a CW show.

WB finally said yes to allowing Superman on screen now and then, no harm in saying so for the Bat at this point (especially since Kara has already made a few references to Gotham and its bat family already).
        Fox has the rights to Batman, so he's the one character you will never see on the CW

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
          Makes you wonder what DC's long-term plan is.
          Don't worry. DC wonders about that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
            Makes me even sadder they still won't find a way for Barry's multi-earth/time travel shenanigans to permanently merge Kara's earth with Flarrowverse
            That was my assumption when it was announced that SG would go to The CW.

I had assumed that due to some cosmic event, National City would be transplanted into the Flarrowverse. This way (this was before they announced SM on SG) they wouldn't have to deal with the question of why Superman doesn't help Kara in the big events, because Superman's Metropolis could have stayed on its original Earth and only Kara, the gang and Nation City coming to town.

Comment

That's a interesting theory. And I guess the title of the show could also work for a JLA-styled group. After all, Superman's been called the "Man of tomorrow" before so I don't see why they wouldn't call the JLA group "The legends of tomorrow", or just call them the "legends". But overrall? I think they would still keep with that time travel theme even if they end up having the JLA group in the Flasharrow universe. It's what they started out with and it would seem weird for them to just abandon that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                Fox has the rights to Batman, so he's the one character you will never see on the CW
                Ahem. Actually, DC comics still owns the rights to Batman property itself. Fox is only ALLOWED to produce Gotham because WB, who ACTUALLY owns the rights to the DC comics characters, well...allows it. And that was ONLY because Fox pitched and produces the show as a prequel number so Bruce will never put the cape on and he's essentially treated as a completely different character so it's harder to confuse fox's show with WB's OR the CW's properties.

you are correct in saying we will probably never see the Bat on a CW screen, however please make sure to check facts as to why next time. As a life-long fan of DC who follows very heavily into it your statement sounded kind of silly.

For the record Fox only owns rights to the Xmen and Fantastic Four.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎