No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Beware the Green-Eyed Monster?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Beware the Green-Eyed Monster?"

What did you think of Season 3's Fall Finale?

I gave it a 7.

Compared to last week, it was an improvement. My thoughts on the biggest plots:

Nygmobblepot - While I'm glad Nygma learned the truth, I was hoping for a "happier" resolution, but I guess that was wishful thinking. Setting up a feud between the characters will provide a lot of story, but I felt like Ed's reaction was overblown given that he and Isabella were only together for a week. Oh well. Maybe the tide will turn somehow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jim/Lee/Mario - When I saw that knife fall onto the rocks below, I groaned. So, now Leslie is going to think Gordon murdered Mario because he was SO jealous and she's such a catch. Whatever. Lee telling Gordon that he was obsessed was a JOKE! SHE is obsessed and has been all season. I did feel slightly sorry for Jim when he said, "I love you," but then they went full-blown soap opera with the slap. It was cringe-worthy. Honestly, I would've preferred Lee struggling with Mario before both of them went over the edge of the balcony. Instead,, we'll just get more pointless melodrama in January

It was cool that they confirmed Talon. Hatter's homemade hat was a nice nod. Seeing Zsasz again was a highlight, and I thought the fight sequence between Alfred and the Talon assassin was well done. I love it when Alfred kicks ass.

Anyway, it was pretty good. What did everybody else think?
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Yeah, Jim Gordon will be on Falcone's hit list for the majority of the second half of this season. And just as Falcone and his men are about to kill him.....his dad will step in and save him. Kind of fitting since Falcone/Gordon's Father/Court of Owls have history with each other.

I said this, just guessing that his dad is still alive and is the one we saw some episodes ego with the family crescent ring via Court of Owls.

Comment

I wanted to like this episode, but the love triangle scenes were such a drag! It pains me to say, but Gotham has put some of the CW shows to shame with this melodramatic nonsense. I can't even be happy that it ended, because it ended in the worst possible way. Lee should have died. Sorry but after this episode, I've run out of whatever patience I had with the character. She's just like Lana of season 5 and 6 (and Gordon isn't that far off from Clark Kent of those seasons). Their scene at the church was so grating and when Lee told Jim "let it go" I started yelling at the tv, lol. This is the same Lee who has repeatedly tried to force Jim to admit he still loves her! Anyway, not sure what comes next, but it can't be anything good. Lee probably didn't even realize that Mario was trying to kill her. And why didn't Jim just shoot him on the leg anyway?

The Nygma subplot was ok. Although as much as I love Barbara, her wanting to become crime boss felt a bit ridiculous. The war between Penguin and Team Barbs should be fun though.

The stuff with Bruce, Alfred and Selina were my favorite parts. Didn't expect to see Selina's mom!

P.S. Jerome is coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
        Yeah, Jim Gordon will be on Falcone's hit list for the majority of the second half of this season. And just as Falcone and his men are about to kill him.....his dad will step in and save him. Kind of fitting since Falcone/Gordon's Father/Court of Owls have history with each other.

I said this, just guessing that his dad is still alive and is the one we saw some episodes ego with the family crescent ring via Court of Owls.
        You're probably right, TheSecretVampire. I just hope it goes somewhere interesting. What a shock to find out your father is still alive. Also, not to give too much away, but: I read an article that said that an estranged uncle of Gordon's will also come to town.

Originally posted by costas22
        IIt pains me to say, but Gotham has put some of the CW shows to shame with this melodramatic nonsense.

I can't even be happy that it ended, because it ended in the worst possible way. Lee should have died. Sorry but after this episode, I've run out of whatever patience I had with the character. She's just like Lana of season 5 and 6 (and Gordon isn't that far off from Clark Kent of those seasons). Their scene at the church was so grating and when Lee told Jim "let it go" I started yelling at the tv, lol. This is the same Lee who has repeatedly tried to force Jim to admit he still loves her! Anyway, not sure what comes next, but it can't be anything good. Lee probably didn't even realize that Mario was trying to kill her. And why didn't Jim just shoot him on the leg anyway?
        I was thinking the same thing (about Gordon immobilizing him w/a shot in the leg). Of course, because it seems like they want to mimic a daytime soap, there's the possibility that Mario may survive... Firing on him without thinking definitely put him in Falcone's crosshairs.

I agree 100% about Lee. "Let it go?" Take your own advice, girlfriend... I just know they're going to milk this, one way or another. If Mario survives, we'll get cheesy hospital scenes with Gordon showing up outside the room and Lee doing her best to act like she gives a s***. If he dies, they'll probably write Thompkins as so grief-stricken/resentful. Either way, it'll still be nonsense. It amazes me how tolerable she was in Season 2 while a majority of people thought Barbara was useless in Season 1. Now, it feels like she's totally taken Barbara's place. I hope to God she just leaves town and never comes back!

The Nygma subplot was ok. Although as much as I love Barbara, her wanting to become crime boss felt a bit ridiculous. The war between Penguin and Team Barbs should be fun though.
        I know I said I wouldn't hold my breath for Penguin/Nygma to get together, but: I've thought about it a little bit more. If Edward was SO angry about Isabella, he would've went off on Oswald (like we saw in the fantasy sequence). However, he didn't. He turned around, let Penguin hug him and told him he was his best friend and to, "Remember that." I'm convinced that Nygma is on a mission to get Barbara, Tabitha, and Butch out of the way so that Penguin will stay on top. Otherwise, why remind Oswald that he's his best friend too? There's more to it, and I'm gonna hold my judgment until it plays out.

P.S. Jerome is coming back.
        Yep. As much as I enjoyed him before, part of me wishes they'd bring back The Scarecrow, too. He was one of my favorite characters from Batman: TAS. I can't understand why they won't bring the character back.

Some new characters would be nice as well.
        Last edited by Aries83; 11-29-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Jim Gordon is probably longing for the early season days of being a bounty hunter and hunting those monsters, compared to where he will be in the the current of Falcone's deadly grasp...

I kind of figured that they would do something at somepoint to turn those 2 against each other. Season 1 ended with those two on some sort of respect level towards the other and then last season, Falcone helped Gordon out of a tough spot. And now, they'll be enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
            Yeah, Jim Gordon is probably longing for the early season days of being a bounty hunter and hunting those monsters, compared to where he will be in the the current of Falcone's deadly grasp...

I kind of figured that they would do something at somepoint to turn those 2 against each other. Season 1 ended with those two on some sort of respect level towards the other and then last season, Falcone helped Gordon out of a tough spot. And now, they'll be enemies.
            How'd a friend of mine put it? Jim Gordon's win-loss track record on this show is worse than the Buffalo Bills.

Which I didn't think was possible personally, but sadly in this instance is true. Jim's just plain on a losing track no matter what he does.

Comment

This episode was difficult to take seriously. Not a good way to go out for the winter break.

Comment

certainly one of the worst episodes that they've produced so far. Like Nate, I couldn't even take any of it seriously at all.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎