Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Forum Whiz Amarice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    837

    Other TV Shows with actors from Arrow (Flarrowverse)

    Recently I've watched Shooter. Cynthia Addai-Robinson is the female lead there, she plays a FBI Agent with her own The Past. (Not entirely revealed as of yet). It's different type of character than Waller was, and I'm pleasantly surprised that she doesn't play Nadine Memphis in the same way as she played Amanda. Here is a sign of an actress who actually becomes a character. (Arrow writers - you've lost a LOT when you've written Amanda out of the show; unless the actress wanted out due to participating in other projects...).

    First episode was rather mediocre and consisted of Copy-Pasta Tropes - didn't impress me too much. But the second was much better, and had a nice twist at the very beginning. Hopefully it will continue to develop into interesting direction.

    Shantel VanSanten (Patty Spivot from 2nd season of Flash) also plays in the show - she is the wife of the main character. I also like her part.

    (It cracked me a bit though when I've seen Amanda and Patty talking... wait, I wanted to say Nadine and Julie XD).

  2. #2
    Site Groupie President_Luthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Posts
    3,049
    Xmas viewing tip: If you come across 'The Nine Lives of Christmas' this December, it's a typically schmaltzy, cosy Hallmark Channel holiday movie about finding true love in the holidays, cats ... and starring Ray Palmer himself, Brandon Routh. It's heavy on the melodrama and cheese, but what does one expect from a channel dedicated to this stuff. He's probably the only one making the movie bearable. I'm sure it'll pop up multiple times over the holidays.

    On the flip side, it took me weeks to not see Flash's Joe as *Law and Order boom-boom sound* Det. Ed Green. I was like 'Hey, Ed, shouldn't you be in Queens digging into that homicide?' He's totally Joe to me now, but for awhile it was jarring especially when he's playing a cop in CC too.

  3. #3
    Battle Troll DJ Doena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,980
    Speaking of christmas, look out for Snow and Snow 2, starring Tom Cavanagh.


  4. #4
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Berlanti's old show Eli Stone featured several actors who ended up on the Flash. The actors playing Wells, Caitlin, Dr. Stein and the Reverse Flash all appeared on Eli Stone.

  5. #5
    Posting Pro bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    Recently I've watched Shooter. Cynthia Addai-Robinson is the female lead there, she plays a FBI Agent with her own The Past. (Not entirely revealed as of yet). It's different type of character than Waller was, and I'm pleasantly surprised that she doesn't play Nadine Memphis in the same way as she played Amanda. Here is a sign of an actress who actually becomes a character. (Arrow writers - you've lost a LOT when you've written Amanda out of the show; unless the actress wanted out due to participating in other projects...).

    First episode was rather mediocre and consisted of Copy-Pasta Tropes - didn't impress me too much. But the second was much better, and had a nice twist at the very beginning. Hopefully it will continue to develop into interesting direction.

    Shantel VanSanten (Patty Spivot from 2nd season of Flash) also plays in the show - she is the wife of the main character. I also like her part.

    (It cracked me a bit though when I've seen Amanda and Patty talking... wait, I wanted to say Nadine and Julie XD).
    Cynthia is an incredible talented and versatile actress. She and Robert Knepper (Clock King) were in a History channel miniseries together last year called Texas Rising, she was outstanding in that.

    I Liked the Shooter pilot a lot personally. Episode 2 was definitely more fast paced. Looking forward to episode three.

  6. #6
    Forum Whiz Amarice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Cynthia is an incredible talented and versatile actress. She and Robert Knepper (Clock King) were in a History channel miniseries together last year called Texas Rising, she was outstanding in that.

    I Liked the Shooter pilot a lot personally. Episode 2 was definitely more fast paced. Looking forward to episode three.
    Shooter is nearing to end and I must say that I enjoyed this show. I've heard that they're planning to make second season, what makes me a bit worried about them leaving season 1 very open ended. Logically speaking the story should wrap up in season 1.

    Thanks for the tip about "Texas Rising", will try to give it a shot.

  7. #7
    Posting Pro DoubleDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen, Germany
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    Shooter is nearing to end and I must say that I enjoyed this show. I've heard that they're planning to make second season, what makes me a bit worried about them leaving season 1 very open ended. Logically speaking the story should wrap up in season 1.

    Thanks for the tip about "Texas Rising", will try to give it a shot.
    I actually watched the movie Shooter before I even heard they made a tv series by the same name and pretty much the same storyline. I haven't finished the series yet but so far I prefer the movie (on episode 5 as of this post).

    I enjoy both Memphis and Julia (both weren't in the film) Bobby Lee's spotter, Donny, is on Blindspot as Reese. Isaac was on House, Jack Payne looks familiar but I can't place him (Angel maybe?)
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 01-20-2017 at 07:47 AM.

  8. #8
    Posting Pro bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    I actually watched the movie Shooter before I even heard they made a tv series by the same name and pretty much the same storyline. I haven't finished the series yet but so far I prefer the movie (on episode 5 as of this post).

    I enjoy both Memphis and Julia (both weren't in the film) Bobby Lee's spotter, Donny, is on Blindspot as Reese. Isaac was on House, Jack Payne looks familiar but I can't place him (Angel maybe?)
    Memphis was in the film, played by Michael Pena. They just changed the gender. Eddie McClintock was in Warehouse 13. He does favor David Boreanaz, who played Angel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    Shooter is nearing to end and I must say that I enjoyed this show. I've heard that they're planning to make second season, what makes me a bit worried about them leaving season 1 very open ended. Logically speaking the story should wrap up in season 1.

    Thanks for the tip about "Texas Rising", will try to give it a shot.
    Season two will be based on the next book in the Bob Lee Swagger series (Time To Hunt). So we will be seeing Donnie again. I'm curious how they're going to adapt this.

    BTW, Texas Rising is currently being played on STARZ.

  9. #9
    Posting Pro DoubleDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen, Germany
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Memphis was in the film, played by Michael Pena. They just changed the gender. Eddie McClintock was in Warehouse 13. He does favor David Boreanaz, who played Angel.



    Season two will be based on the next book in the Bob Lee Swagger series (Time To Hunt). So we will be seeing Donnie again. I'm curious how they're going to adapt this.

    BTW, Texas Rising is currently being played on STARZ.
    The movie had a FBI Agent that helped but he wasn't much like Memphis at all. He was a bumbling rookie that didn't get any backing from the agency what so ever. He actually had to overcome a major difficulty and grow by the end of the film. Memphis was a badass from the start. There was a love interest in the movie as well but it wasn't Swagger's wife, it was his spotter's fiance.

    Thanks for clearing up McClintock, knew he looked familiar.
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 01-27-2017 at 03:25 AM.

  10. #10
    Forum Whiz Amarice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Season two will be based on the next book in the Bob Lee Swagger series (Time To Hunt). So we will be seeing Donnie again. I'm curious how they're going to adapt this.

    BTW, Texas Rising is currently being played on STARZ.
    So I guess no possibility for seeing Nadine again if it's focused on flashback story (? - I don't want to read the description of the book). Or is there a current timeline story as well?

    Well, STARZ surely doesn't work in Poland. Besides currently I'm back to watching "Supernatural" and still have 11 seasons to go. At least with this show I knew that I still have roughly 4 seasons before major screw ups are going to start. "Arrow" didn't last that long. As far as I know t least SPN's showrunners had enough sanity to not repond to demands of fans who saw "amazing chemistry" between Dean and Castiel.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    The movie had a FBI Agent that helped but he wasn't much like Memphis at all. He was a bumbling rookie that didn't get any backing from the agency what so ever. He actually had to overcome a major difficulty and grow by the end of the film. Memphis was a badass from the start. There was a love interest in the movie as well but it wasn't Swagger's wife, it was his spotter's fiance.
    Nadine's has her own The Past (that hostage killed on accident), but it wasn't really explored in the show. Maybe after all they will find way to incorporate her and her own The Past in the second season?

  11. #11
    Site Groupie President_Luthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Posts
    3,049
    Any fans of Teddy Sears? If you miss seeing him breaking hearts and heads as Zoom, you should check out 24: Legacy, where he'll be winning hearts and minds as the new head of the CTU!

    Zolomon might have lost Caitlin's heart and had the power to twist time to his own ends on Flash ... but now he'll have to slow down, as events will happen on 24 in real time.

  12. #12
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    I don't know if you're aware, but Cynthia also played Naevia on "Spartacus", where she had a relationship with Crixus, portrayed by Manu Bennett! I really liked her there, she portrayed a character who went through a LOT of horrible things, but came back strong, and her scenes with Manu were some of the best in the series. I had a cyberbuddy who was in the fandom when "Spartacus" was shown, and apparently Naevia/Cynthia got a lot of flak/hate from the fandom, partly because she replaced the first Naevia and partly due to racism (fans would post some pretty disgusting comments about her looks). The showrunner Steven S. DeKnight repeatedly defended her on social media (imagine that, a producer who actually stands up for his actors, something unheard of on "Arrow"!) and Manu was always very appreciative about her at conventions or in interviews. So, if you like Cynthia and would like to see her in a major/starring role, you should check "Spartacus". Of course, there is a lot of profanity and adult sex among the "blood and sand", but there are many skilled actors (Lucy Lawless, John Hannah, Andy Whitfield to name a few), and the story arcs are pretty compelling. Oh, and Katrina Law also had a pretty major role as Mira, a slave woman and Spartacus' love interest in the latter part of the series.
    Last edited by evaba; 02-07-2017 at 02:08 AM.

  13. #13
    Battle Troll DJ Doena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,980
    I watched the first season but with Andy's death and the prequel season I lost track of the show and then never had the inclination to come back.

    I hate it when fans cannot distinguish between fictional TV shows and real-life actors. I really disliked Smallville's Lana in the end but I never held it against Kristin Kreuk...

  14. #14
    Forum Whiz Amarice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    837
    Evaba > I've heard that Cynthia Addai-Robinson played in Spartacus. The show is on my watching list, but haven't got to watching it as of yet. It's awful when the actors find themselves on receiving end of hate of the fandom. Srsly, somethimes I'm wondering what it's wrong with the people who can't distinguish between fictional characters and the actors.

    Currently I'm watching Supernatural. In season 3 Katie Cassidy appeared on the scene as Ruby (only for six episodes, in season 4 the character is still around, but played by different actress). It's amazing that even when I look at her, and I knew it's her, I sometimes can't believe it's her, because she is so different than in the part of Laurel.

    Can't wait to see Amy Gumenick in the part of young Mary Winchester (mother of Sam and Dean) - I've seen some scenes on Amy Gumenick's page, but not full episodes as of yet.

    Some other actors also appeared in SPN in small roles (Jill Teed, who played Doctor Pressnall in 3x07, was... Amazons' leader in season 7 ). It seems that there is just a number of actors who have a contract with CW and keep appearing in small roles in different shows of their.

  15. #15
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    Evaba > I've heard that Cynthia Addai-Robinson played in Spartacus. The show is on my watching list, but haven't got to watching it as of yet. It's awful when the actors find themselves on receiving end of hate of the fandom. Srsly, somethimes I'm wondering what it's wrong with the people who can't distinguish between fictional characters and the actors.

    Currently I'm watching Supernatural. In season 3 Katie Cassidy appeared on the scene as Ruby (only for six episodes, in season 4 the character is still around, but played by different actress). It's amazing that even when I look at her, and I knew it's her, I sometimes can't believe it's her, because she is so different than in the part of Laurel.

    Can't wait to see Amy Gumenick in the part of young Mary Winchester (mother of Sam and Dean) - I've seen some scenes on Amy Gumenick's page, but not full episodes as of yet.

    Some other actors also appeared in SPN in small roles (Jill Teed, who played Doctor Pressnall in 3x07, was... Amazons' leader in season 7 ). It seems that there is just a number of actors who have a contract with CW and keep appearing in small roles in different shows of their.
    Katie Cassidy and Amy Gumenick were both brilliant on Supernatural. Pity that Arrow has these great actresses but don't use them to there potential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •