STAR Labs- Who pays?

So I was just thinking about the Flashpoint episode where Cisco is rich. Then I started wondering...

I mean, Harrison Wells- as far as the world at large is concerned- is dead. Dead in disgrace, ta boot. Sooo... who foots the bill for STAR Labs operations, now? And is STAR Labs now a giant complex with a staff of only two people (Cisco and Kaitlin)?

Do they get paid? How do they eat? How do they pay for all the quantum-flatulon and proto-fecolite to power all their dimension-busting gizmos?

Most curiously- WHY don't they have a mob with torches and pitchforks in front of their doors like every day for making the city the birthplace of super-criminals?

Just... just wondering.

Forum Regular
    The Star Lab in Central City is just one of many Star Labs in America. The person who created Star Labs hasn'r been revealed, yet. I hope that the writers do that in a future episode of Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
    The Star Lab in Central City is just one of many Star Labs in America. The person who created Star Labs hasn'r been revealed, yet. I hope that the writers do that in a future episode of Flash.
    Garrison Slate? Had to look that one up. I doubt they will delve into multiple STAR labs just as Smallville didn't. They made it so Harrison Wells started it in this show (well Eobard Thawne really now), just like the Smallville comics revealed Dr. Virgil Swann as the creator of STAR labs in that universe.

I believe the late Wells' estate.

Why no pitchforks is because then they'd have no show.

Chatterbox Christian moviefan2k4's Avatar
    Season 2 opened with Barry inheriting STAR Labs from "Wells", on the condition he watch the final video transmission left for him. So, for all intents and purposes, Barry is the owner of the property. Presumably, the city can't take it from him, and they have more to worry about with constant metahuman attacks. To most of the public, the cause of all the trouble is dead, and The Flash fights all these threats to protect everyday Joes and Janes from tragedy. Barry still gets money from his CSI job, along with Iris' reporting, and I'm guessing Thawne left behind some kind of inheritance. I wouldn't be surprised if Henry left one behind too, given his age and all the villains around.