Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Darkest Places?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supergirl was already a promising show on CBS and it has really hit it out of the park this season. I'm really excited about the 4 part crossover. It could be a high water mark for the series this season. However, I feel this is the strongest written of the CW shows. Not just superhero shows, but of all the shows on the network. The best is yet to come.

Comment

Question: How long was Jeremiah Danvers Kara's adoptive father until his death? Was there a mention in Manhunter how long J'onn has been masquerading as Hank? The picture he showed to J'onn was pretty much the Kara from the landing.

My gut tells me that Jeremiah hasn't been that long in Kara's life thus making their connection less strong.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
        Question: How long was Jeremiah Danvers Kara's adoptive father until his death? Was there a mention in Manhunter how long J'onn has been masquerading as Hank? The picture he showed to J'onn was pretty much the Kara from the landing.
        I don't remember a specific time mention, but I don't think it was more than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          Been wondering the same about Mon-El. No storyline explanation given as to why he shares the same last name as Kara and Superman. I guess he's just a namesake from another planet...
          In the Silver Age, Mon-El's real name was Lar Gand. He landed on Earth and Superboy mistook him for his lost Kryptonian brother, naming him Mon-El.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
            In the Silver Age, Mon-El's real name was Lar Gand. He landed on Earth and Superboy mistook him for his lost Kryptonian brother, naming him Mon-El.
            Yeah, true. I just wish the show also came up with an explanation of some kind instead of just throwing that name out there.
            Last edited by costas22; 11-25-2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

"I'm Cyborg Superman." Yeah, that makes sense. *rolls eyes* "I'm _____" declarations often don't work in live action.

Regarding Mon-El's name, it's entirely possible that he really is Lar Gand. Maybe he's really the prince, and Mon-El was his servant that he left to die. Or maybe he's the servant, and he killed the prince in order to escape. He was about to tell Kara something in the cage, and if I recall correctly, she had just mentioned that prince. And maybe just as soon as he and Kara start dating, he'll tell her whatever happened, she'll get mad, and there'll be an abundance of riveting drama.

I hope the Thanksgiving episode features J'onn and Cyborg Superman meeting up for...Hanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎