Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Time Bomb?"

What did you think?

I gave it a 6.

I thought it jumped between plots too much and didn't really have much focus. Plus, it raised more questions about The Court of Owls than it answered, which was frustrating.

The Ivy/Alfred scene was gross, but slightly funny. It reminded me of that scene in Batman & Robin where Poison Ivy doses Commissioner Gordon, but changes her mind at the last minute...

It was nice to see Nygma's darker side again, and I thought Barbara was used well in this episode.

Like Tabitha, I thought Butch's proclamation was sweet, but not THAT sweet... I'm guessing they're back on after tonight?

Just when I thought the writers were moving past the relationship nonsense between Lee/Gordon/Mario, she kisses Jim, and we find out that Mario is infected with the Tetch virus... I'm guessing that explains the HUGE band-aid on his neck from 2-3 eps ago? Theory: Did he volunteer to be infected so they could find the cure Lee spoke of at dinner?

I'm sure her dimissive attitude towards Barnes' behavior due to the virus will change once she finds out he's infected.

Not the greatest episode, for me, but I hope next week is better.

What did everybody else think?

P.S. Is there any such thing as the Whisper Gang in the comics?
    10 - Loved t!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Wasn't sure about the Whisper Gang either. Turns out they do exist in the comics: http://batman.*****.com/wiki/Whisper_Gang I was suprised they were knocked off in one episode.

What can I say? After last week's episode, I thought they backtracked this week. It's not that they were dealing with multiple storylines. I just didn't think they meshed too well within the same episode and went from a highly intense episode to a plodding episode. Hopefully next week's fall finale will be good, but they lost some of their momentum this week.

The first one was the Mario stuff. For me the huge issue here is the emphasis on the love triangle. There's no need for it and Gotham is never good at this sort of stuff. And it's also highly predictable. Once Jim was still hang up on Lee, you just knew that they would make Mario out to be a villain in some way. What I also didn't appreciate was Lee going to Jim's house and kissing him to give him proper closure. Yeah, right. I've never seen another love triangle on tv where the woman in the center is so hell bent to prove to her ex boyfriend that he still loves her. Mind you, Mario isn't any more likeable, but at least he has an excuse. Anyway, the monly positives were the return of Carmine and the Court of Owls coming to the forefront again. Even if their storyline still has a lot of question marks.

The second storyline was Nygma's. This was a bit better and it featured my personal highlight in this episode: Barbara. She was awesome and quite sexy I dare say. I loved how devoted she was to finding her friends and how she put all the pieces together. Poor Tabitha though. Now she and Butch have a lot in common. Can't wait to see Barbara cause some more chaos with all the information she has at her disposal now.

The Bruce/Selina stuff was ok, I guess. Revisiting the Court of Owls and the deal they made with Bruce was long overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      Wasn't sure about the Whisper Gang either. Turns out they do exist in the comics: http://batman.*****.com/wiki/Whisper_Gang I was suprised they were knocked off in one episode.
      Thanks for the info, costas22. I have a hunch that Mario joined the gang (to try and rebel against Carmine's alliance with The Court of Owls), but snitched, which is why they were after him.

It's not that they were dealing with multiple storylines. I just didn't think they meshed too well within the same episode and went from a highly intense episode to a plodding episode.
      Yeah, the action/high stakes were pretty non-existent in this episode compared to last week, so it played out kind of slow. I thought the fight sequence on the rooftop was somewhat good, though.

The first one was the Mario stuff. For me the huge issue here is the emphasis on the love triangle. There's no need for it and Gotham is never good at this sort of stuff. And it's also highly predictable. Once Jim was still hang up on Lee, you just knew that they would make Mario out to be a villain in some way. What I also didn't appreciate was Lee going to Jim's house and kissing him to give him proper closure. Yeah, right. I've never seen another love triangle on tv where the woman in the center is so hell bent to prove to her ex boyfriend that he still loves her.
      Yeah, it's really bordering on sick at this point. Does Lee even have a brain? If she's so in love with Mario, why did she stop by Gordon's before the rehearsal dinner? To just kiss him like that was SO selfish, too. It just proved to me that she doesn't give a s*** about Mario or his feelings. It's such a soap opera. I'm pretty sure the wedding will end in a bloodbath, with Mario attempting to kill Jim out of jealousy. He'll die just so Lee can get what she wants, which is to collapse in Jim's arms and have him profess his undying love to her...

The second storyline was Nygma's. This was a bit better and it featured my personal highlight in this episode: Barbara. She was awesome and quite sexy I dare say. I loved how devoted she was to finding her friends and how she put all the pieces together.
      I agree. It really felt like she got her due for once. I hope they continue to use her like that. On another note, I can only imagine the conversation between Erin Richards and the guy she spanked before the cameras rolled....

Poor Tabitha though. Now she and Butch have a lot in common.
      Maybe next week they'll bond over it. It did make me wonder: Can someone's hand really be re-attached if it's kept on ice like that?

Can't wait to see Barbara cause some more chaos with all the information she has at her disposal now.
      I say bring it on, if it means less Jim/Lee/Mario BS. I still want Oswald to tell Nygma, though. I want to see that response.

The Bruce/Selina stuff was ok, I guess. Revisiting the Court of Owls and the deal they made with Bruce was long overdue.
      I thought the kitchen scene with Alfred was funny, but I could do without the need for Bruce to have their relationship defined. We have enough of that nonsense with Jim/Lee/Mario. Compared to the latter, Bruce/Selina's relationship is so much more normal. I want them to keep it the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        I have a hunch that Mario joined the gang (to try and rebel against Carmine's alliance with The Court of Owls), but snitched, which is why they were after him.
        That could be the case. Kathryn did allude to having reasons for wanting to kill Mario. And at the end she told Carmine that Mario was safe from the Court. Another scenario could be that the Court found out about Mario having the virus and wanted to stop him from killing anyone. In their own way, they think they're saving the city.

Yeah, it's really bordering on sick at this point. Does Lee even have a brain? If she's so in love with Mario, why did she stop by Gordon's before the rehearsal dinner? To just kiss him like that was SO selfish, too. It just proved to me that she doesn't give a s*** about Mario or his feelings. It's such a soap opera. I'm pretty sure the wedding will end in a bloodbath, with Mario attempting to kill Jim out of jealousy. He'll die just so Lee can get what she wants, which is to collapse in Jim's arms and have him profess his undying love to her...
        Yeah, can't see Mario surviving next week's episode either. The only positive is that the love triangle will also come to an end then. I was worried that it would be a season long arc. Too bad Vale completely fell off the radar after Jim realized he still loved Lee. She was a fun character to have around.

I agree. It really felt like she got her due for once. I hope they continue to use her like that. On another note, I can only imagine the conversation between Erin Richards and the guy she spanked before the cameras rolled....
        The highlight of that actor's career.

Maybe next week they'll bond over it. It did make me wonder: Can someone's hand really be re-attached if it's kept on ice like that?
        You know, I was wondering the same when Barbara burst in the hospital with the bag that contained the hand. Gotham is a cynical show though. Butch, who I suppose is quite rich, has a new hand that's made out of rock. Tabby's new hand will probably be something wacky as well. Speaking of, she didn't even whisper when her hand was chopped off. Badass!

I thought the kitchen scene with Alfred was funny, but I could do without the need for Bruce to have their relationship defined. We have enough of that nonsense with Jim/Lee/Mario. Compared to the latter, Bruce/Selina's relationship is so much more normal. I want them to keep it the way it is.
        Agreed. And at the end of the day, it's still 2 teenagers hanging out. No need to treat like a grown up relationship and all the melodrama it carries. There's a pattern on this show where they are trying to make Bruce act older than this age and the stuff with Selina falls in that category. It's like they're trying to use as many elements of canon Bruce's adult life as possible.

Comment

Another scenario could be that the Court found out about Mario having the virus and wanted to stop him from killing anyone. In their own way, they think they're saving the city.
          It's possible. The guy Mario killed at the jewelry store did say, "You know why." He could've been referring to the virus. Maybe the Court wanted to get involved to spare Falcone the embarrassment of having his son going around acting like Barnes?

The only positive is that the love triangle will also come to an end then. I was worried that it would be a season long arc. Too bad Vale completely fell off the radar after Jim realized he still loved Lee. She was a fun character to have around.
          I'd be fine with Vale returning. I wouldn't mind if they put someone else's personal life under the microscope if it spares us from the dreck with Gordon/Lee/Mario. Gordon's not the only one with a personal life. I wouildn't mind an update on Harvey's life outside of work.

The highlight of that actor's career.

Tabby's new hand will probably be something wacky as well. Speaking of, she didn't even whisper when her hand was chopped off. Badass!
          Maybe she can tickle Butch with it after the surgery...

at the end of the day, it's still 2 teenagers hanging out. No need to treat like a grown up relationship and all the melodrama it carries. There's a pattern on this show where they are trying to make Bruce act older than this age and the stuff with Selina falls in that category. It's like they're trying to use as many elements of canon Bruce's adult life as possible.
          I don't mind if Bruce acts a little pretentious for his age. Some of that comes from the fact that he's rich and has people treating him more like an adult, but—yeah—their relationship doesn't need to be so complicated or complex at this stage.

Comment

It's possible. The guy Mario killed at the jewelry store did say, "You know why." He could've been referring to the virus. Maybe the Court wanted to get involved to spare Falcone the embarrassment of having his son going around acting like Barnes?
            It's possible. There's definitely something they didn't want Carmine to know about. And when he kept pressing Kathryn, she just said Mario was safe...from them.

I'd be fine with Vale returning. I wouldn't mind if they put someone else's personal life under the microscope if it spares us from the dreck with Gordon/Lee/Mario. Gordon's not the only one with a personal life. I wouildn't mind an update on Harvey's life outside of work.
            Harvey had a girlfriend of sorts in season 1, didn't he? He met her during the Scarecrow episodes. Haven't heard much about her since then. All in all, I'm a bit confused by this show's focus on romances. They focus a hell of a lot on Gordon's love life and at the same time, I've lost track of who dates who in the Tabby/Butch/Barbara trio.

Comment

Harvey had a girlfriend of sorts in season 1, didn't he? He met her during the Scarecrow episodes. Haven't heard much about her since then.
              Yeah, a redhead named Scottie. I think she left him when he returned to the force in Season 2.

All in all, I'm a bit confused by this show's focus on romances. They focus a hell of a lot on Gordon's love life and at the same time, I've lost track of who dates who in the Tabby/Butch/Barbara trio.
              At this point, I'm convinced they've all slept together. I'm sure Barbara knows how to share...

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎