No announcement yet.

Winn becomes Star-Spangled Kid?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winn becomes Star-Spangled Kid?

There appears to be something of a trend in the CW shows, where (pretty much) everybody eventually becomes a superhero (unless they become a villain). Jimmy becoming the Guardian is just the most recent example. Previous ones include Diggle becoming Spartan, Cisco becoming Vibe, Laurel becoming Black Canary, Thea becoming Speedy, Hank Henshaw turning out to be J'onn J'onzz, Curtis Holt becoming Mister Terrific, Felicity becoming overwatch. Sure, some of them are superheroes in the comics, but that doesn't disprove the argument that all the shows main casts eventually becomes superheroes (it just means that you'll know from the start that they will).

So, it's probably just a matter of time before Winn (perhaps Alex and Iris too) finds a sudden urge to put on a suit and become a superhero himself. Though, being the son of a supervillain, he'd probably have a better motivation (trying to attone for his father's crimes or something) than Jimmy had.

Why Star-Spangled Kid? Well, during the fight with Parasite, Winn was seated in a truck marked "Star Spangled Delivery Co" and "since 1941" (the year the original Star-Spangled Kid made his debut), which they'll probably continue using. So, I figure, they'll eventually have Supergirl notice that Guardian is talking to someone and asks him who it is. And he replies something like "it's... um... [remembering the name on the truck] the Star-Spangled... Kid...". Don't know if they'd later have him "borrow" some stuff from the DEO (like I assume he did for the Guardian suit), to make himself a super suit, or not.

Your reasoning is well thought out, but I'm gonna have to disagree with your opinion. Making Winn yet another mask for National City would be a bad idea to the point of redundancy I fear.

Let's face facts here: while I still love the show, they've already begun to stretch limits with imagination and realism by suddenly making Jimmy an expert crime fighter, in ONE episode mind you, with zero training or explanation. Suits or no suits, that just doesn't happen, even in hero shows.

Doing so with Winn on top of that I think would be the final nail in the coffin into pushing the show into ridiculousness and therefore ratings would suffer. Besides, Winn already stated that he's more than content to sit behind a computer screen to work his own digital miracles so he's out of harms way but yet still contributing positively, with OUT showing any true hints otherwise.

Now, if he gets his own code name (like Felicity did with Overwatch) while he sits behind the screen to make him feel better, that's one thing. But I don't see him going out into the field specifically as a vigilante. He's just not the type bro.

At least James looks like he CAN handle himself physically, which is probably why they chose his actor all along, I just wish we at least got a season or 3 of him training first so it's a bit more believable. The tech doesn't make the man the mans makes the tech. Oliver has spent at least 9 years of his life training to get to his present state as a warrior (5 years of island/flashbacks plus 4-almost 5 years of present day experience), where's Jimmy's? I get this is only a tv show with very limited time but I feel the rushed things more so than usual with Jimmy, weather its so more people like him faster or for something else, hard to say. But with out even magic as an excuse for Supergirl why is Jimmy already taking guys down that's taken Oliver and Co. YEARS to train for?

Try to rush something like this for Winn at this point will spell deathbeds for Supergirl as a TV show mate. One step at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎