Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Outlaw Country"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Outlaw Country"?

What did you think?
    10 - OK Corral-worthy!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Rusty as an old six shooter.
    0%

I didn't mind this episode too much. The Wild West theme is always a win as far as I'm concerned and it was great to see Jonah Hex back. My main problem is that when they want to make a point, they hammer you over the head with it. Like Jonah's issues with Sara being a woman, Nate's frustration about doing research at the start of the episode or Amaya's observations about controlling the animal within. It's tiring to have basically the same dialogue repeated over and over within 60 minutes.

But there were some more positives as well. Stein's storyline is one, because it finally shows that the Legends' meddling with the timeline (even as they attempt to "fix" it) doesn't come without consequences. The Ray/Nate bromance was also quite fun. Finally, while I'm still sceptical of what they are attempting to do with Mick and Amaya, they seemed to click pretty well in this episode.

The only thing that falls in the "thumbs in the middle" category for me was Ray's suit. I am glad that he's getting his suit back because that's what defines him, I just wish they stretched it out a bit longer. It feels like they rushed to end the storyline because Ray must have his suit back in time for the crossover.

6.5/10. Might have been lower if the time setting was a different one.
    Last edited by costas22; 11-18-2016, 02:29 AM.

Comment

The crew clearly had a lot of fun revisiting the old west, and it showed.

it was enjoyable overrall and any nitpicks I would have with this ep is very minor.. so I would give this an 10/10 rating.

Comment

I'm not really into westerns (apart from Sergio Leone's "Dollars Trilogy", it's a genre that never really caught my interest), so I wasn't exactly that interested in returning to the old west. I like that Vixen has started to use other animals, than just gorillas.

I also like that Stein is starting to experience new memories, as a result of their meddling with the timeline (it's about time something like that happened). I'm assuming the mystery woman will turn out to be Stein's daughter (I also suspect there may have been some negative effects, from the meddling, like Clarissa dying during childbirth). He's never had one, in the comics, so it will be interesting to see where they'll go with her. However, shouldn't Jax (a person who has been close to Stein for over a year) also experiencing these memory flashes?

Didn't care for Nate's whining about having to do research. Even superheroes need to do research sometimes. Not everyone is Batman (no matter how much Warner Brothers tries to turn everyone into him), but some detective work do come with the job. And detective work means research.

Thought Steel's suit looked okay. And I'm glad Ray will build himself a new Atom suit. Sadly, it won't be as slick (based on preview images) as Steel's.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎