0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Ok, so now we know why it seemed like the girl could go toe to toe with Prometheus.....they are on the same side and plotting against Green Arrow. It seems kind of silly though because based off what seen of her this season and the one episode from last season...it didn't look like she would be masterminding with another person to take down Green Arrow. I know we haven't seen a full season of her to come to that thought process, but it seems out of character for her.

Good twist because I did not see that coming.

Comment

Well, this was a good episode on many fronts.

Heel turn! I did not expect Evelyn/Artemis to be a Prometheus mole. I agree there were no hints about it. That means all that blood on Prometheus' hands ... it's on hers too. Maybe she'll get mercy at the end of all this, or she could also answer for those lives with her own. We'll have to see.

Quentin's off the wagon story arc is wrapped up, and nicely. Both Paul and Willa were great in their scenes. It was so obvious Quentin was a red herring, but at least Prometheus' messing with him gave Ollie the heads up that his secret identity is no longer a secret.

Bank robbers and human traffickers -- now, these are the type of criminals we needed to see on Arrow. Grim 'n gritty.

I didn't mind the Vigilante tie-in to Oliver's old vs. new methods of crime-fighting. I got the vibe that Ollie thinks it might be Adrian the DA, there have been enough hints re: his intensity esp. when grilling scumbags.

I'm also slowing warming to whatever is happening with Susan and Oliver (looks like a slow-burn courtship), even though she seems to still be digging into Oliver's exile years story.

And, of course, the Bratva flashbacks were all sorts of awesome. Did anyone seriously think that Flashback Ollie was going to just walk out of Kovar's compound? No way. He was going to be schooled Rocky IV Drago style "I fight for me!" , loved that he actually boxed Ollie into submission.

Would have killed him too if it didn't cost Kovar money. The Bratva aren't exactly his mortal enemies, Taina's mom actually works for Kovar(!) and Oliver's Russia trip just got a bit more complicated.

But, yeah, I did not see Evelyn's heel turn coming.

Comment

Very good episode indeed. I think this must be the first time ever that I enjoyed an Arrow and a Flash episode on the same week.

Said this before, but any episode that does Oliver justice and doesn't throw him under the bus to prop up other characters is fine by me. And while the "have I done enough to save the city?" theme has been explored before, it was nice to see an episode focus on his psyche and his struggles to fix the city on two different fronts. And as an added bonus, we got to see him call the recruits out for their hypocrisy in wanting to let Vigilante on the loose while condemning Oliver for his past killings just last week. Seeing Oliver telling them they can't have it both ways was a thing of beauty. Maybe now they have finally wised up and they realize what separates Oliver from guys like Prometheus or Vigilante.

As for Vigilante himself, I wasn't too crazy about him, but clearly there's a long way to go in his storyline. The problem with Vigilante is that this season is already loaded on stories about people donning masks. We have the recruits on on one hand and Prometheus on the other. Doing a storyline about another masked person seems excessive to me. It might have worked better in season 3, for example.

The final scene was a great twist. It made people (like me) who criticized the show for Evelyn standing up to Prometheus last week eat crow. It also goes to prove that Prometheus isn't just some psycho who kills people to mess with Oliver. There's a method to his madness. This was one of those trademark Arrow twists that I used to enjoy during seasons 1 and 2.

Not sure what to make of the Oliver/Susan stuff. It was actually refreshing to see Oliver interact with and open up to a woman other than Felicity. And to add to that, we had zero glimpses of Felicity being jealous or critical of that (in fact, Felicity had one of her most quiet and tolerable episodes in a long time). So it's all proceeding smoothly and I won't mind Oliver dating again if it's kept at a minimum and it isn't used as a source for more melodrama. But then again, I can't help but feel that the Olicity dark cloud is still hanging above us.

The Thea/Quentin scenes were terrific, with both actors bringing their A game. At the same time, it just feels like both Willa and Paul are underutilized this season. Thea is basically Oliver and Quentin's support system and Quentin is rehashing his alcoholism storyline for the 3rd or 4th time. I really hope they do more with these characters after the winter break. Especially Thea.

The flashbacks featured plenty of talking, but once Kovar tapped into his "I must break you" mode, they were awesome. Like PL said, Oliver's trip to Russia just became much more complicated.

8/10

Comment

Great episode. No video review this time.

Seeing as Artemis has been the one giving Oliver issues for the past few episodes and her dig at him this episode, I should've seen the twist coming but I didn't. We now also know why she never brought up the fact she cut Prometheus up since DNA would prove Quentin's innocence. I honestly don't mind her playing a villainous role, though now I really wonder who it is behind the mask of Prometheus.

We got TWO Slade Wilson nods in this episode: first the training with the sticks and Wild Dog making the same complaint, while Dig told him what Slade could do and Artemis took advantage of Mr. Terrific's distraction; the second was Oliver, when he had a knife on Kovar, says, "Twitch and I will open your throat." Why do I get the feeling that Deathstroke's role in the Arrow part of the crossover is going to give Oliver a good shake of reality? Please let that be so. . .

We also found out that JJ, Dig's son, was born about a month and a half after Sara was in the original timeline.

Kovar is brutal.

Loved Oliver calling out the newbies on their hypocrisy.

*snickers* Felicity not getting the attention of the recruits and Dig immediately, even with her normal loud voice, must've been a horrible experience for her. She should go see Dr. Pressnall. Yes, I'm evil.

Oh, and vigilante talking the way he did? Seeing as his and Oliver's conversations have been few and far between, we have only what he's said to give us info on why he chose to do this. We know he started before he expressed the whole 'maybe I was wrong about vigilantes' thing in, what, episode 4? Seeing as he brought up having a girlfriend who Oliver apparently stole 12 years ago, which would've been around the time Oliver was first with Laurel and also cheated with Samantha (nearly typed Sandra!), I'm guessing one of them is his ex-girlfriend he's talking about. Samantha and William would be presumed dead since they vanished and probably had to take new identities since otherwise Malcolm, Damien, etc. could find out where they went, and Laurel was KIA. Seeing as the theme is legacy, I'm reiterating my belief that Adrian and Laurel were dating before she hooked up with Oliver (which, based on Season 2 flashbacks, was presumably to protect Sara from Oliver's promiscuous tendencies).

This episode earns a solid 9, in part of because of it being the SECOND episode in a row to give me the jaw drop.

Comment

OK episode

-Please show put subtitles when ragman speaks
            -Susan & Oliver actually have decent chemistry in this
            -Tired of Thea babysitting Quentin & 3x recycled Quentin story
            -A lot less Felicity focus than usual, wow, thats was pleasant surprise
            -Wild Dog, still like him but hope he lowers his ego soon.
            -Dont care for Vigilante, the vigilante quota is already filled
            -Diggle- Shameful how the show casually erased a girl child.
            -Whoaa Evelyn is working with Prometheus, well it would have been even more a surprise if it was sweet cute Rory.
            Last edited by Aquahyde; 11-17-2016, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Interesting plot twist with Evelyn, considering in Young Justice is a good guy who goes undercover as a bad guy (Tigress). But here she's goes undercover as a good guy (Artemis) and she's truly a bad guy, so will she come out as Tigress later on?

Comment

Enjoyable episode although I do find it hard to understand Ragman.

Intrigued by Artemis working with Prometheus. Was she working for him when they fought each other? Does she know his true identity? Does he know her identity? Does he know the identities of the other people that Artemis is "working" with?

I liked Kovar completely owning Oliver in the flashbacks.

Comment

You know, I bash this show when it's gets flooded with that Olicity garbage, but for this episode, I have to give them major props for not having any Olicity in the episode. It especially was the case when Oliver went on that "date" with Susan. He denied it being a date, but Wild Dog and Curtis said otherwise.....but the best part of the scene was the camera didn't focus or zoom in on Felicity for her reaction to that "date." I honestly thought before the scene ended that Felicity would make a face or chime in, but she didn't. KUDOS to the showrunners for that. Obviously, the show without any Olicity doesn't cure all of the wounds it has, but I can definitely say from my perspective that show is better and very enjoyable with any Olicity in it. Hopefully, this show stays on this path and we get no more Olicity......or at the very least if need be, just a tiny portion because those 2 obviously can't avoid the other because they are team members.

Comment

I was enjoying the episode until that damned ending. Left me in shock and denial.

Comment

I honestly thought before the scene ended that Felicity would make a face or chime in, but she didn't. KUDOS to the showrunners for that. Obviously, the show without any Olicity doesn't cure all of the wounds it has, but I can definitely say from my perspective that show is better and very enjoyable with any Olicity in it.
                      👏🙌

I was enjoying the episode until that damned ending. Left me in shock and denial.
                      You are one of the few that love Evelyn?

Comment

Originally posted by LycoX
                        Don't worry about it. If Malcolm can come back from all the pain he has caused, then I'm sure Evelyn can come back from this .

Comment

So far I have been very disappointed this season. It seems that they have put the core characters on the back burner. Lance a drunk,really haven't we seen this already! The new recruits are boring, These love interests no chemistry at all. This reporter and cop should get together now that would be exciting. Oliver and Felicity are rebounding.The flashbacks are ok. Thea she has stepped up. Where the hell is Merlin. Diggles daughter is now a son because of Barry. Felicity jokes are forced. The only thing that has improved is the stunts. It really makes me sad, because I have been a faithful fan since the beginning. This episode was my least favourite out of them all. Just plain bad. No wonder the ratings are tanking! I give this episode thumbs down.

Comment

Didn't have time to write a proper review so I'll just say that I greaty enjoyed this episode and I'm generally happy with the direction of the season (since it's 1/3). Hope that they won't do 180 turn to the season 4 nonsense in 5B. We will see.

The twist in the end in Artemis it's exactly the kind of twists they were doing in season 1 and 2. Now that's something I didn't see coming. Makes me wornder when she had started to work with Prometheus? For me it would make the most sense if it started shortly after Vigilante Interns learned about the List. Still there is not enough information to fit it within the scheme. Especially that Prometheus is killing innocent people - doesn't Evelyn care about that at all? So maybe she was on his side from the very beginning (we've never seen in what circumstances she signed up with Team Arrow 5.0. exactly, unlike others)?

Scenes with Quentin and Thea were great. I like Wild Dog even more after his subplot in that episode (Dig & family) and now I'm 100% that he will die, probably due to the fact that Artemis works with Prometheus. I bet that he will rush to protect her from Prometheus (thinking that he wants to hurt her or something) and will end up dead. (And stabbed in the back, because, hell, why don't make it even worse? x_x). Sighs. WHY I like him? (Despertately tried to dislike Wild Dog, in order to save him from Tragic and Uncessary Death).

Flashbacks were good as well. Taiana's mother working for Kovar - now that's interesting! Oliver showed a new trick arrow. Oliver saved the day (two times). Bad guy robbing banks is partially a product of justice system that doesn't work. The main plot with the Vigilante was nothing special but certainly worked within the context of the episode and the theme of the season. I was very afraid how the date with the reporter will turn out (melodrama, pairings, shipping nonsense appearing on the horizon, red alert) but fortunately it was not that bad - I think that she meets Ollie solely in order to have him let his guard down and get some information about his time in Russia.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎