No announcement yet.

Marvel's The Inhumans (IMAX and ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel's The Inhumans (IMAX and ABC)

Marvel.com is the official site of Marvel Entertainment! Browse official Marvel movies, characters, comics, TV shows, videos, & more.

Under the agreement, a version of the first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans”--produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras--will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

ABC, IMAX and Marvel Television also intend to work together to create a joint marketing and promotion plan for the series across their proprietary media platforms--which would be the first such cross-platform marketing launch of a television series. Today’s agreement also marks IMAX’s first time as a financing participant in a TV pilot and series.
    It seems interesting that the first two episodes will also be shot on IMAX camera's and it will premiere on IMAX and ABC.

Isn't shooting on IMAX cameras expensive as hell? How is this not the most expensive pilot ever produced for network TV? Not that it's a bad thing if they offset the costs with a successful theatrical premiere.

Comment

When The Dark Knight was filmed there were still a quite limited amount of IMAX cameras. They even broke one! I'd imagine nowadays there are more cameras and the tech is less expensive kinda like solar panel costs have gone down.

But weren't The Inhumans supposed to get a movie? Did I miss something?

Wish we'd get a movie since I don't think ABC will do the royal family justice in TV form. Unless we'll get something like HBO's Game of Thrones. Lockjaw alone would need some Guardians of the Galaxy level cgi.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
        When The Dark Knight was filmed there were still a quite limited amount of IMAX cameras. They even broke one! I'd imagine nowadays there are more cameras and the tech is less expensive kinda like solar panel costs have gone down.

But weren't The Inhumans supposed to get a movie? Did I miss something?

Wish we'd get a movie since I don't think ABC will do the royal family justice in TV form. Unless we'll get something like HBO's Game of Thrones. Lockjaw alone would need some Guardians of the Galaxy level cgi.
        The Inhumans movie kept getting pushed back until Marvel decided to take it off their schedule indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
          The Inhumans movie kept getting pushed back until Marvel decided to take it off their schedule indefinitely.
          Too bad.

Then again it's too bad there won't be any Marvel Studios Fantastic Four either. At least not in any foreseeable future.

Comment

A story on Dark Horizons yesterday said that Marvel claims the show wont replace the planned Inhumans movie. Hope thats the case. Id like to see both happen.

The big question I have is will Marvel's The Inhumans tv show replace AOS or will both be on ABC? I dont want to see Coulson and his crew get cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
              A story on Dark Horizons yesterday said that Marvel claims the show wont replace the planned Inhumans movie. Hope thats the case. Id like to see both happen.

The big question I have is will Marvel's The Inhumans tv show replace AOS or will both be on ABC? I dont want to see Coulson and his crew get cancelled.
              I doubt the fate of AOS is tied to it. Agent Carter was simultaneous. The Mockingbird spinoff was going to be simultaneous.

I do NOT understand how the movie won't be affected. That makes no sense.

Comment

Marvel said they plan to premiere it in IMAX theaters on Labor Day 2017.

So September 4, 2017 is when they expect it to premiere.

Comment

Yeah i dont either Backward Galaxy especially since they take place in same universe.

Comment

Comment

Marvel.com is the source for Marvel comics, digital comics, comic strips, and more featuring Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men and all your favorite superheroes.

Inhumans finds it's showrunner in Scott Buck he produced Marvel's Iron Fist and Dexter.

Comment

Comment

Maximus has been cast, Iwan Rheon will play him.

Rheon played Ramsey Bolton on Game of Thrones.

Comment

Anson Mount is playing Black Bolt

Comment

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/01/inhumans-serinda-swan-medusa/

Serinda Swan is playing Medusa.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎