Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Prometheus (following 'So it Begins')

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Prometheus (following 'So it Begins')

Alright so I'm sure most everyone here has already watched the latest episode of Arrow and has seen where the end of the episode was to lead us all to believe that Quinton Lance is the series big bad this season known as Prometheus. First off I'm Going to go over why this could be the case but more then likely is not. Then I am going to give some theories as to who Prometheus could end up being.

Quinton Lance: Sure he could have some resentment for Oliver and in fact at one point in time DID think of Oliver as a Serial Killer. After the death of Laurel which happened last season it is entirely possible that a mental breakdown could have caused him to take on the Prometheus Persona, but aside from these points nothing else really makes sense. For one how did he all of a sudden get great at shooting a bow, ninja stars, and as we seen against Artemis he had good hand to hand combat skills. Lance has never really given us a reason to believe that he could do any of these things.

Now for the theories on who could be Prometheus. And i want to begin this with quoting the producers who said Prometheus is a villain of Oliver's own creating from season one.

#1 Tommy Merlin: HEAR ME OUT, now alot of people are gonna go ahead and attribute this to the fact that we all want to see tommy back, but this theory has some points alot of people wont think about. 1st of all Barry Allen created an alternate timeline and it messed with Arrow, the producers have already confirmed that what Barry did will affect Arrow. I want you to think about some things real fast, Neither Malcolm or Tommy have even been mentioned at all, even in passing. not one bit. So we cant even fully say that Tommy is in fact dead in this timeline, and still doesnt mean that malcolm didnt find some way to bring him back. Now you may ask, well why would Tommy be after Oliver?? well they are alluding to whoever Prometheus is, is somehow blaming Oliver for something and also calling him a serial killer. Before Tommy died he was somewhat disappointed in oliver for the oliver was handling his "list". They never fully reconciled before Tommys death.. Now you might be saying well, yeah but why would he be trying to go after Ollie though other then that, Well we are already being lead to believe that Lance is Prometheus, and Lance maybe blames Oliver for what???? BOOM Laurels Death last season.. Laurel and Tommy were very much in love, Maybe he was brought back before the lazarus pit was destroyed, maybe he went crazy to an extent which is why Malcolm didnt want to bring Thea back that way. He maybe had already experienced it himself. And as for the scheduling conflict between Collin Donell with chicago med and arrow, Prometheus wears a mask and the actor playing him doesnt have to be Collin Donell unti hell the very last episode if they wanted to wait for the reveal, meaning he only has to be available for 1 day of filming.

#2 Walter Steel: Who knew about the list, Who's wife was murdered as a result of what Oliver brought to star city, who has been missing for a long time?? this one is a long shot but since his guest spot on Limitless is now over, could be a shocking revelation.

#3 Diggle: This would me a massive blow but could be possible. They have already explained that Flashpoint affected Diggle, he already proved to be losing his mind a bit with him seeing Deadshot in his jail cell. Now there is some timing issues with him being at war and then being in jail, but with some clever timeline play it could still be possible for them to give us an explanation.

#4: Billy Malone: this would be a ball dropper for sure, He's a new character to us, and really wouldn't give us much shock value even if he does have a sad back story.

what do you guys think?

Firstly - "Quinton" surely can't be Prometheus, because the character's name is QUENTIN.

Secondly - since we're going to learn from flashback to season 1 how Prometheus was created it would make sense if it was someone related to some random thug who Oliver took down without second thought. It would be Morally Ambiguous Situation if the person killed by Oliver was not a totally bad guy.

As for other candidates - Tommy Merlyn - simply NO. It would ruin Tommy's character. Walter Steele - as probable as Quentin. The same goes with Diggle.

Billy Malone - that would be a really horrible trope to use (Split Personality trope of course), but I'm afraid is most likely to happen knowing these writers.

Comment

To quote someone from another site that thinks it's Quentin Lance.

My name is Quentin Lance. After five years of alcoholism I have only one goal: to stop Oliver from getting my daughters killed. But to do that, I can't be the police officer I once was. To honor my daughters' memory, I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become Prometheus.

Comment

My money would be on Billy. Especially IF Prometheus is truly someone with access to SCPD evidence. I also found his reactions to Felicity's revelation about working with the Green Arrow awfully fishy.

Comment

I don't think it's Quentin, just cause we saw him holding the arrow head doesn't necessarily mean anything. Promethus has the same skills as every other Archer that has come before him. Those skills take time to develop. So I personally believe it's going to be someone we've only seen in a few scenes here and there and/or someone we haven't seen in a while.

Besides knowing his daughters, Quentin knows it would be the last thing they'd want him to do; especially if it was his twisted attempt to honor his daughters. Oliver and Company are for better or worse the only family he has left.
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-12-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

While my jaw dropped initially with the end of "So It Begins" I quickly rallied and realized, like darkphoenix says, that Quentin Lance, even if he was secretly some ninja and had hidden this all these years, through the Siege, the Outbreak, and Genesis Day, would NOT dishonor his daughters by becoming one of the very enemies they have fought against, that both of them have died fighting against. So, no, I think Prometheus is effing with Quentin's head, and the team's. The fact he chose Quentin definitely means that if this isn't Tommy under that mask (personally I think it is but we'll just have to wait and see) then Prometheus has definitely done his research.

If Prometheus is in fact Tommy, and I do think he is, an argument against it has been that Tommy forgave Oliver. Did he? I went back. There's nothing like that. He says he's sorry for being angry and jealous, being like his father, but the thing about dying is that you want to end things good, or as good as you can. For Tommy, he had just saved the woman they both loved and he wanted to 'make things right' with Oliver. That didn't so much mean forgiving Oliver for being who he was as apologizing for being his father's son. These two things do not mean the same thing.

Finally, death changes a person, even in comics. That's been clear in this show, and if Tommy was brought back using a Pit (why else would they even bring up the Pit being in the season if it didn't mean that the Pit was used on someone prominent) it would also mess with his mind, even if he did get his soul restored. Remember, Thea had the choice of either killing to slate the bloodlust or not doing so and risking death again. On the one hand, Tommy might well be someone who would choose to do what Thea did and refuse to engage in that. But if he didn't die with forgiveness in his heart, just a desire to end things on a good note with Oliver by apologizing, that doesn't mean he still wouldn't feel the anger and jealousy. THe Pit would latch onto the negative emotions and feed them, perhaps to the point that Tommy would cease being the Tommy we knew and loved.

Of course, I'm also beginning to think that Prometheus himself is a red herring. More on that in the Season 5 thread.

Comment

If Tommy doesn't show up in the 100th ep, then for me that will 'confirm' that it's him.

However, if Evelyn managed to go toe to toe with Prometheus on the train and even injuring him, then Thea could stop him with one hand behind her back. Oliver would destroy him in a matter of seconds.

I don't think he's the 'big bad'.

Comment

Billy looks most likely, with his too cool-reaction at Felicity's admitting she works for GA getting my Prometheus radar up. And it fits into the villain-fighting-protagonist-over-love interest pattern they've done previously with Oliver - Slade over Shado.

I think we also need to separate fans' 'We want Tommy back' wishes (I get it: Colin is awesome, the dude owned every scene he was in.) from 'What is best for Arrow the series and/or Tommy's character'. Seeing Tommy come back so they can dredge up ancient baggage about Tommy 'losing' Laurel to Oliver -- now fueled by some predictably warped view that he may blame Ollie for her death somehow -- just doesn't sit well with me. Seeing "Evil" Tommy's tear-stained face crying out for vengeance against Oliver for getting Laurel killed ... yeah, it's a bit too close to the Slade-Ollie nonsense over Shado.

Having said that, if they're literally running with the everything old is new again theme, then making a Pit-twisted Tommy as Prometheus would fit into this. Stakes would undoubtedly be raised just because of their history, and it's something messed up that Malcolm could use to get into Oliver's head. In essence, the Tommy as we knew him would still be "dead" and this resurrected Tommy would only be a shell of the man he was, consumed by bloodlust and warped vengeance.

Billy as Prometheus would be a safer bet aka they could still ramp up the melodrama without taking the risk of botching up Tommy's heel turn or complicating it with Oliver and Tommy's historical baggage. If it was Tommy, the stakes would automatically be that much higher. And from the Malcolm perspective, bringing back his dead son to avenge the wrongs Oliver did to him would likely be the biggest -- and last -- diabolical card he could play against Oliver/GA.

My impression is if Prometheus is sticking around well into the second half, then the odds go up there's some sort of long end game planned, and would fit into some 'final option' scheme by Malcolm if he did bring Tommy back from the dead for this reason.

If they plan to get rid of Prometheus by mid-season or so, then I'd think it would be Billy. If it was Billy, there wouldn't be as much blowback (emotionally or plotwise) than if it was Tommy. The blowback of a Billy Prometheus would primarily be on Olicity ie. the Billy result would actually favour the shippers.

Not knowing anything about Adrian Chase, I felt he could also be a potential candidate for Prometheus but then it turns out he is Vigilante. I'm keeping a slight door open for him as a dark horse, if Billy and Tommy don't pan out, because who's to say that he would never turn heel. It may also explain why Prometheus seems one step ahead of Oliver, with his inside track on SCPD goings-on, evidence, etc. Taking down Tobias' transport could just as easily land on him as it would on Billy.

If Tommy himself is being viewed as a candidate, there's no preventing even someone who begins good aka a 'face' to turn too. You know what they say about the road to hell and good intentions.

For now, Prometheus candidates are:
                1. Billy - likely and safest choice, with the Olicity factor making it the odds on favourite
                2. Tommy - if we're being fed a season-long misdirect and there's a Malcolm revenge end game story arc in the works, then it could be him
                3. Someone entirely new/unknown - it would have to be someone who had an axe to grind against Oliver since S1 ... maybe someone related to The List or fallout related to it or The Undertaking, it would have to be an old, long-simmering grievance

Adrian Chase is an unlikely dark horse, a slim chance if they have plans for him beyond Vigilante

Quentin needs a big red track suit with the letters 'Red Herring' on him. Prometheus is messing with his already off-the-wagon-whenever head.

Comment

How about multiple version of prometheus. like The Mentalist and Red John multiple fake one who kill pretending to be the serial killer. In this case they all have similar skills set but not as good as their leader. There was no way Prometheus should have gotten hurt that easy, which means it likely a imposter who may also have motive against Oliver.

Comment

After seeing last nights episode i believe even more that its tommy, with the Artemis double agent thing. what would be a major connection? Tommy and Artemis, would be when artemis posed as the black canary, im gonna bet that Tommy found her when she was pretending to be the black canary and maybe even he told her his story thus getting her on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                      While my jaw dropped initially with the end of "So It Begins" I quickly rallied and realized, like darkphoenix says, that Quentin Lance, even if he was secretly some ninja and had hidden this all these years, through the Siege, the Outbreak, and Genesis Day, would NOT dishonor his daughters by becoming one of the very enemies they have fought against, that both of them have died fighting against.
                      Quentin didn't care about dishonoring at least 1 of his daughter's in life. I don't see why that would bother him with their death. But it's not something he hasn't done before. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

Unless it's Walter or Slade, or maybe even Malcolm, it'll be stupid.

Comment

My money is on his old Bratva brother, Viktor, being Prometheus. He is indirectly tied to season one, and Human Target showed that there is strong animosity towards Oliver.

Best twist would be if it was Laurel. Sure the body type doesn't exactly match, but it could be close enough for a television show. A voice-changer could make her sound like a man. If they wanted a good way to introduce Talia to the show, they could have her overhear Quentin ask Nyssa for help. It wouldn't be surprising if Talia knew of a Lazarus Pit in another part of the world and resurrected Laurel for recruitment in the new LoA. Suffering from a blood lust and somewhat out of her mind, Laurel could be acting out some hidden anger issues with Oliver for all the wrong he did to her before he became the hood. She would certainly know her way around the evidence room at the Police department. I'm not going on record as saying it is her, but I wouldn't have a problem with that storyline.

Comment

I'm going to start off with this..Quentin Lance is not Prometheus. Aside from the writers obviously trying to curve-ball us, the character is supposed to have a heart condition. The kind of stuff Prometheus does would literally kill Lance in seconds, plus no man with Lance's heart condition is jumping off walls like that. If you think it's actually Lance then I'm sorry, but no.

Equally as daft is this theory that Moira Queen is Prometheus. There are so many reasons why this would be terrible writing and is a terrible idea that I can't even list them all without my fingers falling off. She has no reason to go after Oliver, and before you even bring up that Lazarus Pit-Ex-Machina argument.. Merlyn had no reason to revive Moira of all people.. she betrayed him. Even then, what amount of training would she need to go through (and from who) to be that strong? Whoever this Prometheus is, he/she is maybe a step above Merlyn in combat. Moira Queen is one of the few characters I hope stays dead.

Tommy Merlyn
                            is likely. Which is unfortunate, because to me it shows that the writers are either out of ideas or just plain stupid. They're basically going "Hurr durr use Flashpoint as a get out of effort free card." The one problem I've always had with this show is that nobody stays dead. Like some shows will make you assume characters are dead then bring them back, which is fine. Arrow didn't really do it in the beginning except with Malcolm Merlyn, but this is now WORSE than DragonBall Z, and that's saying something. Aside from that, do you really think Malcolm Merlyn would allow this to happen to his son? Even with Flashpoint, the only way this works is if Malcolm put Tommy in the pit, and he didn't want to do it to Sara. Why would he do it to his own son? If it IS Tommy, then this shows writing has gone to pot. Hell by that logic, if Prometheus was Robert Queen I wouldn't even care "Oh yeah another one who isn't dead, shocker." Tommy Merlyn is a likely candidate, and that is terrible writing. Though if we're being honest.. Chicago Med was filming at the same time as Arrow, so I think Colin Donnell was busy.

Speakingof people named Merlyn, some people believe Prometheus to be Malcolm Merlyn. This is kind of likely, he certainly has the skill, the knowledge of the list, and the personal vendetta against Oliver to match.. but I doubt it. There is one thing that Malcolm Merlyn has never done.. he has never hid his doings. What I'm saying is.. do you really think Malcolm Merlyn would come to Star City and start running roughshod but not let the world know it was him? He's too crazy to not be proud. Outside of the show, he's pretty busy in DC's Legends of Tomorrow now, so making Barrowman pull double duty probably isn't on the table. This is Prometheus, but this isn't Malcolm Merlyn.

Speaking of early main antagonists, what about Slade 'Deathstroke' Wilson? Absolute hatred for Oliver Queen? Check. Knowledge of the list? He saw it on Lian Yu the first time around, so check. The skills and ruthlessness to do what Prometheus does? Overqualified. Even moreso, rumor has it he's escaped his Lian Yu prison.. but rumor also has it he settled down and had a son, a son who also takes up the mantle of Deathstroke. While this only takes place in a "potential future," Slade also had the psycho problem of "I want him to know who holds the proverbial whip." He of all people would want Oliver to know who is doing this to him. So with that being said, Slade 'Deathstroke' Wilson is most likely not Prometheus.

I'll be back with more on people's theories, and some theories of my own soon. Oh and, I'm new here so.. don't judge me.
                            Last edited by Sepulchre; 01-13-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepulchre
                              I'm going to start off with this..Quentin Lance is not Prometheus.

Equally as daft is this theory that Moira Queen is Prometheus.
                              I agree. Would make no sense to me.

Tommy Merlyn
                              is likely. Which is unfortunate, because to me it shows that the writers are either out of ideas or just plain stupid. They're basically going "Hurr durr use Flashpoint as a get out of effort free card." The one problem I've always had with this show is that nobody stays dead. Like some shows will make you assume characters are dead then bring them back, which is fine. Arrow didn't really do it in the beginning except with Malcolm Merlyn, but this is now WORSE than DragonBall Z, and that's saying something. Aside from that, do you really think Malcolm Merlyn would allow this to happen to his son? Even with Flashpoint, the only way this works is if Malcolm put Tommy in the pit, and he didn't want to do it to Sara. Why would he do it to his own son? If it IS Tommy, then this shows writing has gone to pot. Hell by that logic, if Prometheus was Robert Queen I wouldn't even care "Oh yeah another one who isn't dead, shocker." Tommy Merlyn is a likely candidate, and that is terrible writing. Though if we're being honest.. Chicago Med was filming at the same time as Arrow, so I think Colin Donnell was busy.
                              I would love to see Tommy back, but not as an adversary.

Speakingof people named Merlyn, some people believe Prometheus to be Malcolm Merlyn. This is kind of likely, he certainly has the skill, the knowledge of the list, and the personal vendetta against Oliver to match.. but I doubt it. There is one thing that Malcolm Merlyn has never done.. he has never hid his doings. What I'm saying is.. do you really think Malcolm Merlyn would come to Star City and start running roughshod but not let the world know it was him? He's too crazy to not be proud. Outside of the show, he's pretty busy in DC's Legends of Tomorrow now, so making Barrowman pull double duty probably isn't on the table. This is Prometheus, but this isn't Malcolm Merlyn.
                              I don't see what motive Malcom would have - except to fulfil some prophesy or something. I mean, both he and Thea survived Damian Darkh - and that is what counted to him.

Speaking of early main antagonists, what about Slade 'Deathstroke' Wilson? Absolute hatred for Oliver Queen? Check. Knowledge of the list? He saw it on Lian Yu the first time around, so check. The skills and ruthlessness to do what Prometheus does? Overqualified.
                              Slade being Prometheus is my favorite speculation - though maybe because I would love to see Manu Bennet back as Slade.

While this only takes place in a "potential future," Slade also had the psycho problem of "I want him to know who holds the proverbial whip." He of all people would want Oliver to know who is doing this to him. So with that being said, Slade 'Deathstroke' Wilson is most likely not Prometheus.
                              I don't agree here. In season two Slade took his time to reveal himself to Oliver. He had planned it ever since Oliver officially returned to Starling City, more than a year before Slade appeared in the Queen Castle. And Prometheus' style, this alienating or separating Oliver's friends from him is what Slade planned in season two. Prometheus has taken Artemis and Lance (Lance he even crossed out on some photo on the wall as if he expects Oliver to find this clue sooner or later) away from Oliver. On the island Oliver had taken not only Shado but even more important himself from Slade at a time when Slade just had started to heal from the wound Bill Wintergreen's betrayal had left in his soul. In return Slade wanted to take everybody from Oliver.

Also Prometheus hint that this is about "much more than revenge" could have been from Slade, who, in his insanity, never could quite decide whether he wanted to destroy or kill Oliver, be killed by Oliver, find out why Oliver chose Sara over Shado or teach Oliver how to be a better person.

Oh and, I'm new here so..
                              Welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍