0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This show has been compromised.
    0%

very solid ep, Garber acted way better this week for starters.

A good message overall in the theme of the ep too, that love is more important than everything else.

Nice to see Obsidian back, the much older actor played him imo very well.

Plot wise though, a thought has struck me. RF spoke to Damien Darke about "changing both of their destinies". Is the Matt Letscher RF therefore aware that Eddie Thawne committed suicide and erased him (RF) from the timeline?, and is therefore trying to come up with a way of preventing Eddie from killing himself so that he (RF) continues to exist. This would once more put Tom Cavanaugh in the suit (which was imo by far his best role in The Flash).

Comment

Great episode. Plenty of action from everyone. I'm warming up to the mick/ ray relationship, but i wish ray would lay off the babbling. Amaya finally channels a bird, and it's only to get hawk vision. When is she gonna fly? Speaking of which, now that amaya has lost the jsa, what will she have to go back to 1942 for? I know she has a destiny as mari's grandmother, but i want her to stick with the team for as long as possible. Lastly, i'm wondering what effect sara's words will have on darhk. I saw an interview with neal mcdonough, where he alluded to a possible change in him, possibly reforming. I'm going to have to keep my eye on him, and on matt leschner. That scene at the end was very " time machine-y." But i wonder what part these artifacts they're collecting is going to play in all if this.
      Last edited by protege; 11-12-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Better than last week, that's for sure. 3 things that worked for me this week: The Mick/Ray scenes which were a ton of fun, the Reverse Flash and his rapport with Darhk and the 1980s setting. Those were the biggest positives of Compromised.

I had a bit of a trouble warming up to Stein this week. For starters, his speech to Jax about being protectors of history and nothing more was a tad hypocritical. He was the one who wanted Einstein to acknowledge his wife's contributions (thus altering his entire legacy) and was damn proud about it. Just like Sara, Stein also changes his tune about preserving history according to his convenience. I respect Jax (even if his ambitions are misplaced) for at least being consistent in his opinions on the matter. Also, later in the episode, Stein lectures his younger self about ignoring Clarisa for the last 2 days, which felt overly harsh to me. Wasn't younger Martin stabbed and then kept on the Medbay? It's not like he chose to ignore his girlfriend the entire time! Just more forced drama that these shows have become infamous for.

Sara's arc started promisingly but deteriorated towards the end. While I liked the fact that they addressed her secret Darhk agenda and how it sabotages her role in the team, I'm sceptical about the end result. While Sara doesn't kill Darhk, she does something potentially worse: She practically spoils to Darhk how his life unfolds, which gives him a chance to change his destiny and history itself. If Sara was going to do something time altering anyway, then why not just kill Darhk? I don't see an issue from a morality standpoint, considering that the Legends' main goal last season was to kill Savage, which they did. Or that 2 weeks ago they killed the Shogun. At the same time, how aren't any of these developments felt on the current seasons of (especially) Arrow and the Flash?

The Nate/Amaya scenes were ok. Not interested one bit in a *possible* romance that was teased here, but I'm on a wait and see basis. Speaking of time aberrations, why haven't the Legends sent Amaya back to 1942 considering that her removal from the timeline is a time aberration in itself?

6/10. I want to like LoT more, but the Legends' constantly retconned role as Time Masters and the time travel inconsistencies lead me to dock a couple of points.
        Last edited by costas22; 11-11-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

I think that the key to this show is that it is very enjoyable, but if you think too hard about continuity (especially about connections to Arrow, Flash, and Vixen) it becomes a frustration very fast. I'm fine with just coming along for the ride.
          I liked the Steins' interactions, particularly when they insulted each other. Nice irony there. "My name is also Martin." His thinking on the spot skills could use some serious practice.
          Nate and Amaya do best as friends. Judging by how the Ray/Kendra thing felt last season, I would prefer no love plots on this show (except Stein and Clarissa, which was adorable). I worry about the inevitable love triangle that will form once a Nate and Amaya romance brews (probably with Ray (again)), and for Amaya is it out of character. She just talked about how you shouldn't have relationships with teammates!
          I'm missing Snart. Rip, a little too. But mostly Snart. What is the point of having time travel if you can't bring your favorite characters back from the dead?

Comment

An improvement over the last two. I liked Vixen commenting on the 80's clothes. A problem I had with "Shogun" was that she just showed up, at the end, wearing 21st century clothes. She's from 1942 and is used to the clothes of that time (even underwear was different) and 1940's idea of decency. She should be awkward wearing clothes from future decades.

I thought Lance Henriksen did a good job, though I wish they hadn't made Todd so old (it's not something they've ever explored with the character, but I've always assumed Obsidian would age slower or be immortal, due to him drawing power from the Shadowlands (residual energy from which slowed down the aging of the original JSA:ers and the Shade, who also draws power from the Shadowlands, is immortal)). I do feel like they've heavily depowered him. In the comics, when they've had him turn evil, he's managed to take on the whole JSA. Even placing Dr. Fate (okay, a rookie Dr. Fate), under his controll. Of course, at the end of the day, this isn't his show.

I liked his interaction with Vixen, which showed how close these two were back in the day (close enough for him to admit to her about being gay and for her to admit to being in an interracial relationship with Rex Tyler. Both of these facts were big taboos back then and could've landed them both in trouble) and that Vixen is someone who has missed everything between 1942 and 1987, with her telling Nate to drop it, when he asked why they didn't feel Obsidian could be trusted (as she's still in the mindset, that openly taking about being gay could get one arrested). The Civil Rights Movement, Stonewall Riots, Martin Luthor King, Gay Liberation, etc. would all be Greek to her. Where she's from, she can't drink from the same water fountain as a white person. She doesn't know how the world has changed and improved in the last 45 years (or between her time and Nate's).

Liked Mick trying to turn Ray into Snart. Mick's lost the most important person in his life and now tries to find a replacement.

Thought Sara telling Darhk was an incredibly stupid move. You're supposed to protect the timeline (or change it as you feel, based on which episode it is), yet you're now giving the baddie info on the future (making it possible for him to change it). Just have Thawne inform him.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 11-14-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

This whole time travel thing is funny. I mean, just imagine if Oliver found out villains that he killed like Ra's and Darhk are alive in the past....

Comment

The episode started very well with Darhk and Zoom and Sara's attempt for revenge, but then in the middle the story strayed with very boring scenes between Ray and Mick and hypocritical Stain. The more interesting characters who actually drive the story forward were pushed aside so we can have some boring inconsequential interactions.
                Ray and Mich does not have chemistry, in my opinion, they are like bully and 10 years old. Why is Ray a main character when he does not have any character strength, real motivation and interesting background story at all. This episode he tried to be Snart, really?!
                As for Stain, oh come on. He is the one who messing around with his younger self actually makes him even more interested in the work than in his personal life. And if he regrets not spending time with his wife, why on earth he is not there with her now. I just not see the point of this story line at all.
                The interesting part of the episode was Sara's conflict to revenge her sister, her pain she still feels for loosing her, her conversation with Vixen about being a vigilante and being actually a hero and what it means to be a leader, but all of that was in two small scenes.
                The end battle was very good though, and I love what Sara did to Darhk. Their interaction was the best part. And created interesting turn of events, for future episodes.

Comment

So how does Sara know that the time traveling speedster (RF) is faster than Barry?
                  Did she ever meet Barry?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    Sara's arc started promisingly but deteriorated towards the end. While I liked the fact that they addressed her secret Darhk agenda and how it sabotages her role in the team, I'm sceptical about the end result. While Sara doesn't kill Darhk, she does something potentially worse: She practically spoils to Darhk how his life unfolds, which gives him a chance to change his destiny and history itself. If Sara was going to do something time altering anyway, then why not just kill Darhk?
                    Because then Laurel would have to possibly come back and we can't have that. Sara's decisions and thoughts, along with the rules of time travel must be twisted, warped, broken and bent over backwards to make sure her character stays killed off. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎