Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Blood Rush?"

What did you think?

I gave it a 6.

It felt so bogged down by the relationship garbage between Lee/Jim, Jim/Mario, and Barbara/Lee.

While some of these scenes were hilarious (Mario punching Jim made me laugh out loud), they're just not necessary. All they do is waste screen time.

What was up with Mario's speech about, "Lee thinks all dogs are boys and all cats are girls?" It was some of the STUPIDEST dialogue I've heard in a long time.

The only bright spots were the Oswad/Ed/Isabella scenes. As soon as Isabella put those glasses on, I knew she was deliberately screwing with Nygma.

Seeing Chelsea Spack in the Kringle costume again was cool. It was also nice to see Kristen haunting Edward, which is something I originally wanted after she was killed off. So, it was nice to see that.

Seeing Oswald daydreaming/smiling was cute. When Nygma asked him to break up with Isabella, I couldn't help but laugh. That scene between them at her apartment was SO awkward/funny at the same time.

The choking scene between Ed/Isabella was CRAZY, though! What woman, in her right mind, would put herself in that situation? Clearly, Isabella is a NUTJOB, and—no—I don't think she studied newspaper clippings and photographs and mimicked Kringle's look for Nygma's benefit. There's more to it!

Whether we'll find out what's really going on with her remains to be seen, but I was glad they put the brakes her relationship with Edward (literally!). I really want to see Oswald confess his feelings to Ed. I can't help it. I prefer Nygmobble to Jim/Lee.

As for Barnes, I hope this "infection" storyline disappears. At this point, he's a liability and shouldn't be on the job. It was nice to see Gordon back on the case, too. He actually looked like he enjoyed it.

Anyway, it was a decent episode. I just wish they'd settle the drama between Jim/Lee and let these characters go their separate ways for GOOD.

I'm still looking forward to next week, though!

What did everybody else think?
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Won't lie. I liked this episode quite a bit, with the exception of one particular portion. Maybe it's just me, but Barnes being more at the forefront works for me. Obviously he won't be captain for much longer, but I like the fact that they are trying something new with the character and giving him a different edge. He was really frightening this week. Can't wait to see what happens next. Jim picked a hell of a day to return to work.

The Mario/Lee/Jim scenes were grating. No arguement. It's just material we've seen over and over in multiple shows. And besides the lack of creativity, that kind of stuff doesn't work on Gotham, imo. It's what I said after the premiere. Vale was a great addition and Lee was no longer needed on the show. And this episode proved that point in the most counter productive way. I want to see Vale back, but I'm afraid they just brought her in as a love interest. And now that seems to be over.

The other love triangle of the show was handled much better. Although I want to see Penguin involved in better arcs, at least we saw his ugly side this week. And now that Isabella is gone, one has to think that Ed will blow his lid. Maybe the second half of the season will focus on him going after Penguin. On a side note, did the last close up of Isabella seem a bit ridiculous to anyone else? I mean, a good person is about to meet a horrible death and the tragedy of the moment is ruined by her saying a comical "Oh dear". It's something you'd see on Home Alone or a Road Runner cartoon.

Poor Chelsea Spack. How many times is this show going to kill off her characters.

No Bruce and Selina this week. And given the gory nature of this episode, it was probably a good call.

Gotham traditionally has a good stretch of episodes before its winter break. I think we are at that point again.
    Last edited by costas22; 11-08-2016, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      Won't lie. I liked this episode quite a bit, with the exception of one particular portion.[
      I did, too. In fact, I was going to give it a 7, but then I just had my fill of the crap between Jim/Lee/Mario.

Barnes being more at the forefront works for me. Obviously he won't be captain for much longer, but I like the fact that they are trying something new with the character and giving him a different edge. He was really frightening this week.
      It's not a bad arc, I just don't like the lack of answers regarding what Tetch's blood is doing to him. I get that it makes people more aggressive, but I want to know if it's actually causing his blood to mutate. Like, is he going to turn into some kind of monster or just run around Hulking out and breaking the law? At any rate, it was nice to see the writers establish that people in Gotham City buy groceries...

Vale was a great addition and Lee was no longer needed on the show. And this episode proved that point in the most counter productive way. I want to see Vale back, but I'm afraid they just brought her in as a love interest. And now that seems to be over.
      I want Vale back, too, and: You're right that they proved that Lee was not needed. Lucius told Gordon what he needed to know. Why keep Lee around? They could get ANYBODY to recite the medical jargon needed each week. She needs to move back South with Mario.

I want to see Penguin involved in better arcs, at least we saw his ugly side this week. And now that Isabella is gone, one has to think that Ed will blow his lid. Maybe the second half of the season will focus on him going after Penguin.
      Is she really gone, though? Even though I hope it doesn't go this way, she could survive. Perhaps long enough to point the finger at Oswald from a hospital bed, which would then set a revenge arc for Nygma in motion.

However, I hope that it goes just as Penguin predicted, with Ed needing his shoulder to cry on So, yeah. I really like Chelsea Spack, but I want Isabella gone...

On a side note, did the last close up of Isabella seem a bit ridiculous to anyone else? I mean, a good person is about to meet a horrible death and the tragedy of the moment is ruined by her saying a comical "Oh dear". It's something you'd see on Home Alone or a Road Runner cartoon.
      Well, it made me chuckle. I thought the kiss between her and Edward (after the choking scene), with the sweeping, dramatic music in the background, was a lot cheesier. However, you're right that the final line was not needed; they could've left it out.

Gotham traditionally has a good stretch of episodes before its winter break. I think we are at that point again.
      Hopefully. ANY other storyline is welcome if it makes the writers lay off of the Jim/Lee nonsense.

Comment

That whole bit with the plastic surgeon immediately made me suspicious. I thought maybe his story would end up being tied to Isabella. Maybe Isabella didn't look like Kristen naturally. I think maybe she was some kind of psycho stalker who had plastic surgery to look like Kristen. Maybe my previous theory was true... that she was a relative of Kristen who's possibly set out for revenge. But I guess we might never know this if they really did kill her off for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
          It's not a bad arc, I just don't like the lack of answers regarding what Tetch's blood is doing to him. I get that it makes people more aggressive, but I want to know if it's actually causing his blood to mutate. Like, is he going to turn into some kind of monster or just run around Hulking out and breaking the law? At any rate, it was nice to see the writers establish that people in Gotham City buy groceries...
          Ha! If Alice's landlord is any indication, I think they mutate slightly. Barnes' vains and red eyes is probably as far as it will go. As for its effect, I think it just enhances the person's rage at anything that usually upsets him. Barnes hates criminals even more now, just like Alice's landlord hated not getting the rent even more.

Lucius told Gordon what he needed to know. Why keep Lee around? They could get ANYBODY to recite the medical jargon needed each week.
          Well said. On that note, could we have more of Lucius, please? A lot of the characters on the show are over the top, so it's nice to have someone balanced and easy to sit through.

Is she really gone, though? Even though I hope it doesn't go this way, she could survive. Perhaps long enough to point the finger at Oswald from a hospital bed, which would then set a revenge arc for Nygma in motion.

However, I hope that it goes just as Penguin predicted, with Ed needing his shoulder to cry on So, yeah. I really like Chelsea Spack, but I want Isabella gone...
          We'll probably find out for sure next week. She must have died, but the fact that they didn't show the actual collision might not have been accidental. I think Isabella served her purpose for now. She was there to be a roadblock for Penguin and Nygma and shift the dynamic of their relationship.

Hopefully. ANY other storyline is welcome if it makes the writers lay off of the Jim/Lee nonsense.
          Won't spoil much, but according to the episode descriptions for the next 2 episodes, there's still some focus on the Lee/Mario engagement. I just hope it revolves more around Jim's role as a cop and less on his feelings for Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
            Maybe my previous theory was true... that she was a relative of Kristen who's possibly set out for revenge. But I guess we might never know this if they really did kill her off for real.
            If they really want to milk the drama, she'll probably live. I like the idea of her being the twin sister out for revenge. It's believable. However, when Mario told Gordon (I think it was Gordon) that his father knew Dr. Symon, that made me wonder if Falcone Sr. had a face transplant...

Ha! If Alice's landlord is any indication, I think they mutate slightly. Barnes' vains and red eyes is probably as far as it will go.
            You're probably right. Barnes seems to have embraced the change, so maybe they'll put less focus on the tests results [of the blood]. Barnes' days are numbered, though.

could we have more of Lucius, please? A lot of the characters on the show are over the top, so it's nice to have someone balanced and easy to sit through.
            I agree. The best thing they could do is probably focus more on the forensic side of cases rather than the medical. That way, Lucius would get more screen time and Lee can move away.

Otherwise, we'll just have more scenes Lee/Jim going back and forth about nonsense before she actually does her job...

She must have died, but the fact that they didn't show the actual collision might not have been accidental. I think Isabella served her purpose for now. She was there to be a roadblock for Penguin and Nygma and shift the dynamic of their relationship.
            I agree. I really like Chelsea Spack, though. It's too bad the Indian Hill storyline is no longer in play. Otherwise, her body would've been recovered and she would be on the road to being revived as a possible villain later on (like Fish Mooney or Jerome).

If Penguin gets his way, I hope Nygma doesn't discover his hand in Isabella's accident...

according to the episode descriptions for the next 2 episodes, there's still some focus on the Lee/Mario engagement.

I'll just have to suffer through it, then...

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎