No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Human Target?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amarice
    Also had a feeling that Prometheus knows very well that Oliver is the Arrow/Green Arrow. Still I hope it's not Tommy.

And which part was more thought out, I wonder? Cops swallowing up nonsene "Oliver Queen is not the Arrow" after discovering the Arrow's hideout under his club or Mr. Darkh let's-nuke-the-world-because-I'm-evil? No to mention "You've failed this omelette" and Oliver cured by the power of love. So far Prometheus works quite good as main villian IMO - he is not even near the level of Merlyn or Deathstroke though. I still expect massive failure at the second part of season 5 when the story is supposed to come together (if it will turn out that Tommy is Prometheus for example x_x). All comes down to subjective judgment, I think. I guess I'm rather enjoying season 5 because I prefer them to built up the stories around OC characters like Wild Dog or Ragman (I'm sure they have nothing in common with their comic counterparts except maybe bits of backstroy and costumes) than constantly screw up heroes like Black Canary. Oliver as a Paragon character is much better than the failure he was in season 4. Another reason why I can watch is the show is due to the fact that Green Arrow: Rebirth run has everything I wanted to see in GA stories, so for "Arrow" I've no expectations really.

As for Laurel's death - I've seen that episode some time ago, and when it comes to execution/action/story I found the quality noticeably worse that season 5 average episode. But again - suuuuuubjective judgment. I see why people are not interested in season 5 - simply the best parts are copying tropes used in season 1.

Oliver outing his identity later this season 5 would be a logical step, but I don't suppose they're going to follow my personal headcanons or rather what should happen to have Oliver Queen's story run a full circle.
    I didn't claim what they thought out was good, just better meaning it wasn't all short term. Felicity feeling the weight of Havenrock was good but almost immediately reconceiled and her misteps in taking the lead of the team swept under the rug because of the Havenrock storyline. Just about everything is wrapped up neatly in each episode with very little carried over into following episodes which I'm OK with if I didn't see the outcome 30 minutes beforehand. Sure we all knew Oliver wouldn't die by Ra's hand during the midseason finale but we didn't know how he'd survive, recover or what effects the lost battle would have (not saying it was good what we got, just that we didn't know what we'd get).

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
      I didn't claim what they thought out was good, just better meaning it wasn't all short term. Felicity feeling the weight of Havenrock was good but almost immediately reconceiled and her misteps in taking the lead of the team swept under the rug because of the Havenrock storyline. Just about everything is wrapped up neatly in each episode with very little carried over into following episodes which I'm OK with if I didn't see the outcome 30 minutes beforehand. Sure we all knew Oliver wouldn't die by Ra's hand during the midseason finale but we didn't know how he'd survive, recover or what effects the lost battle would have (not saying it was good what we got, just that we didn't know what we'd get).
      The problem is they didn't explain at all how he did survive. Surely they also don't explain how Wild Dog is able to run after being shot in the knee with an arrow, or it's possible that everyone seemingly without much pain and effort is able to yank an arrow out of the would, but there is a certain level of acceptable absurd in shows like this. It's TV thing to have heroes being mended on the span of 40 minutes episode after being shot, but once you show a hero who had fallen into a dark pit, lying unmoving in cold with an open wound in his chest (after being impaled) - you just can't explain it by enigmatic "peniciling tea". And in season 3 and 4 there was a lot of things that just didn't appear in season 1/2 and - so far - even in season 5. Plane crash that Nyssa and Ollie survived - nonsense. Felicity flying in Atom's suit - nonsense. Oliver's trauma and PTSD cured - even bigger nonsense. Felicity being shot multiple times in 4x09 and surviving - nonsense again. Laurel being killed by an arrow and some mysterious seizure while others survived much worse injuries - what the hell was that except for Plot Demands? And I won't even mention "epic" Olicity scene in late season 3 (was 3x20) when Oliver was IMO acting very OOC. Not to mention Oliver performing table flip in Arrowcave out of jealousy or suddenly discovering that Felicity is the Love of his Life.

Yes, they wrap up those subplots rather quickly. And I still have some issues when it comes to logic (lol, was "Arrow" ever a logical tv show? ). But I just think that the overall flow of the story is noticeably better that it was in season 4/late season 3, and what they're trying to do - despite the fact that the tropes and the solutions they use are rather simple ones - more or less works. I'll complain again if they switch back to romance & teen age drama nonsense and stop watching immediately in such a case but I won't criticize the show for something I currently don't see there.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎