Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Monster?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leave this thread for a couple of hours and you two turn it into this????

LoL, j/k.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
      Dunno. But I suppose there's a lot of good story potential there. Young boy and his family leaves the wizarding world due to the stigma against ex-death eaters, and it basically turns into a redemption story. He is painted in a sympathetic light when it's revealed that most of his family secretly never really wanted to be a death eater, it was only his father who wanted that. But the rest of the family went along with it out of fear for the dark lord, etc.
      And then in the muggle world Draco Malfoy learns to let go of his prejudices as he learns the ways of the muggle world. He discovers that he's actually good at muggle science despite growing up in a world of magic. To his family's dismay he decides to move to America and become an CSI. But it turns out that even in America's wizarding communities his name carries some nortieity, so he decides to call himself Julian when working in America.

The rest is history.
      It would be a AU that diverges really far from the canon, since most of Malfoys were very loyal to Dark Lord. They were not high level fanatics like Bellatrix, but there was a lot of cold calculation on their side whom to support and what will turn out the most profitable.

For some reason the idea of Draco discovering muggle world cracks me up. I'm almost tempted to give a try writing this fic. ;p But I guess there's already a dozen or so Julian-Draco fics on ff.net and AO3.

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      I leave this thread for a couple of hours and you two turn it into this????

LoL, j/k.
      I hope you don't have anything against fan fiction in general. It's been almost 1,5 year since I've been writing to "Arrow" and it was my way to trying to save the city universe when canon started to fail miserably.

Comment

Ha-ha. Actually, the exact opposite. I've written plenty of fan fiction myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
          Can someone explain me why Barry suddenly doesn't use his powers when Plot Demands? Let's take the situation with the bus - he should evacuate those people in the blink of an eye, he once saved all passengers of train. So what has happened here? :S
          Technically, there is an explanation for that. In the Captain Cold episode the train was already derailing and ripping apart at the couplings which left each car open to enter. Barry has superspeed but not superstrength. The bus in this episode besides the dent in the roof was nowhere open, so there was no way into it. He had to pry open the doors first.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
            Technically, there is an explanation for that. In the Captain Cold episode the train was already derailing and ripping apart at the couplings which left each car open to enter. Barry has superspeed but not superstrength. The bus in this episode besides the dent in the roof was nowhere open, so there was no way into it. He had to pry open the doors first.
            He could have vibrated through the doors of the bus. Also, whilst he doesn't have super speed, in a sense he doesn't need it because he already has it. Iirc, force is mass x velocity. If he runs fast enough he could therefore theoretically pick up something super heavy. Certainly a human should be NO problem whatsoever. So I agree totally with the original poster, he didn't use his powers AT ALL just because the plot demanded it. Lax and lazy writing.

Comment

But can he vibrate himself AND the people out if he can't open the bus from the inside? for every logical point you bring up, it just brings up new problems.
              For instance, using velocity to give himself super-strength is good and well, but how could that affect the human or object he was carrying? There could be unforeseen consequences for that.

Comment

Ha-ha. Actually, the exact opposite. I've written plenty of fan fiction myself.
                Do you have a profile on ff.net or AO3?

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                I was under the impression that they managed to open those jammed doors and then instead of evacuating the people Barry just run off to face the Monster. But I would need to watch that scene again, because I simply don't remember. Had an impression, though, that he just could have done both - get people to safety and run toward the Monster. Vibrating through object with someone as the "passenger" wouldn't work, I think. (I have a vision of a said person ending up being smeared on the wall ).

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                  Do you have a profile on ff.net or AO3?
                  Yeah, I have some stuff on ff.net. PM me if you want the link and I can grab it when I get home.

Comment

Yeah, I have some stuff on ff.net. PM me if you want the link and I can grab it when I get home.
                    Send.

Comment

'Monster' was an OK episode. The monster was created by a kid who has been bullied and he decided to scare people for the heck of it. If he was smart, he would have targeted the kids who has bullied him.
                      Last edited by mbozzo; 03-01-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎