Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Follow the White Rabbit?"

What did you think?

I gave it a 5.

I've always liked the Mad Hatter, and the origin story from Batman: TAS was one of my favorites, but I've had my fill. I'm ready to see other villains. I really wish they'd bring The Scarecrow back or—at the least—follow-up on what happened to Clayface.

NONE of the stuff with Gordon/Lee/Vale/Barbara/Falcone interested me. In fact, I LOL'd when he told Hatter to, "Kill Lee." Then, Valerie gets shot and is bleeding out and Gordon just calls her "Vale" and we're supposed to believe there's something there? Yeah, right.

Hatter's joke about buy Lee good china for her wedding was hilarious.

The only bright spot was Nygmobblepot—until "Isabella" showed up. What a c***block. At least they confirmed that Oswald is in love with him. I'm hoping Ed will come around, though. I hope that's where it's going, at least. I hope that kid took Penguin's advice to heart, though!

I don't know, there was just too much relationship drama in this one.

I hope next week is better.

Edit: So, I've been thinking about Nygma's encounter with "Isabella" at the liquor store. I'm totally convinced that she's a figment of Edward's mind, because: a. She appeared out of thin air, b. She bears a resemblance to someone he killed, c. She's knowledgeable when it comes to riddles, and d. Nygma has a history of having conversations with people that aren't there.

Perhaps she's appeared to protect Nygma (like his dominant personality did) from getting hurt like he did with Kringle—if things go that way with Penguin, eventually? I'd bet money on it. I don't think this is the end for Nygmobblepot!
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

It was a mixed bag, I felt. The Mad Hatter bit, altough loaded in love triangle melodrama, was intense and it really had you wondering what was going to happen. I thought Jim would find a way to save the day. And while Valerie will probably pull through, it's surprising to see her shot this early. Don't know about anyone else, but I have a feeling Jim picked Lee exactly because he knew Mad Hatter would shoot Vale to mess with him. In a way, Jim picked Lee to live and the upcoming episodes will probably reveal that. Welp. I sure hope Vale lives. She's been a good addition to the show and like I said before, I like her chemistry with Gordon better than Lee's.

As for the Penguin/Nygma scenes, not a big fan. They felt out of place in an episode that was already loved with relationship drama. So where does it go from here? My guess is that Ed is drawn towards Miss Kringle's lookalike (or maybe she's something else), prompting the jealous Penguin to kill her. And then Nygma will seek revenge. I must say though, it was great to see the (now) blonde Chelsea Spack back. Goes without saying that the Gotham cast consists of the finest looking women on tv.

P.S. At times I wonder why they have so many cast regulars on board. Lucius and Ivy appear so sporadically, that they might as well be recurring characters.

Comment

Another boring episode. I probably would have quit watching if I would have to sit through weeks of Penguin/Riddler homosexual scenes. This show was going down hill as it was.

Comment

I have nothing against men who love men, but that whole Nygma/Penguin love arc is pretty cringe worthy and painful to watch. I am hoping Nygma meeting that woman at the end derails that whole arc because it feels so forced and out of place.

I did enjoy the Mad Hatter scenes; he's turning into quite the thorn in Gordon's back, lol. I love how he causes mayhem and then always leaves before getting caught.
        Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 10-25-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

While I love that the writers are taking a bold approach with shipping male characters openly, I think the whole thing is starting to feel cringe-worthy the same way it does for heterosexual pairings. It's like TV writers don't know how to write a good romance that doesn't feel overdone or be made to feel like they're shoving the shipping down our throats. I can see the melodramatic stuff coming a mile away and my ptsd from past angsty heterosexual pairings is already starting to flare up.

The fact that it's two males instead of the traditional hetero pairing doesn't prevent it from becoming a victim of the melodramatic stuff.

the Jim Gordon love triangles I could do without, but at least Jervis tetch was able to keep the whole thing interesting enough with his psycho talk and riddles.
          Last edited by Aurora Moon; 10-25-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Don't know about anyone else, but I have a feeling Jim picked Lee exactly because he knew Mad Hatter would shoot Vale to mess with him. In a way, Jim picked Lee to live and the upcoming episodes will probably reveal that.
            Jim knowing what Hatter was going to do is certainly a possibility. I sensed a bit of anger when he said, "Kill Lee," but he also seemed devoid of emotion as well. At that point, I think he realized somebody was going to get hurt no matter who he chose.

I sure hope Vale lives. She's been a good addition to the show and like I said before, I like her chemistry with Gordon better than Lee's.
            I agree 100%. I think she's the first female Gordon has been with that's been perfectly ok with the relationship being a fling of sorts, which is why I think their dynamic works. I'd be ok if the character stuck around, and while I did find the Lee/Vale scenes semi-interesting, I think they should have Thompkins leave the city with Falcone. Gordon can't pine for her for the rest of the series. It's just not realistic.

I must say though, it was great to see the (now) blonde Chelsea Spack back. Goes without saying that the Gotham cast consists of the finest looking women on tv.
            Yeah, it was a nice nod to Kringle. The blonde hair looked really good on her. I'm suspicious of her, though...

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
            I have nothing against men who love men, but that whole Nygma/Penguin love arc is pretty cringe worthy and painful to watch. I am hoping Nygma meeting that woman at the end derails that whole arc because it feels so forced and out of place.
            It does seem sudden, especially since we've never been given any obvious hints about Oswald's sexuality, but I'm on board just because it's something different, which is never a bad thing.

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
            While I love that the writers are taking a bold approach with shipping male characters openly, I think the whole thing is starting to feel cringe-worthy the same way it does for heterosexual pairings. It's like TV writers don't know how to write a good romance that doesn't feel overdone or be made to feel like they're shoving the shipping down our throats. I can see the melodramatic stuff coming a mile away and my ptsd from past angsty heterosexual pairings is already starting to flare up.

The fact that it's two males instead of the traditional hetero pairing doesn't prevent it from becoming a victim of the melodramatic stuff.
            Which is EXACTLY what happened last night when the Kringle look-alike popped up. That's what made me so mad, initially. If he and Edward are going to have a relationship, eventually, the last thing they should've done was throw a wrench like that into the situation. I'm still not sure whether the look-alike is real or not, but I was hoping they'd avoid this pitfall. I'm still hopeful, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              It does seem sudden, especially since we've never been given any obvious hints about Oswald's sexuality, but I'm on board just because it's something different, which is never a bad thing.

Which is EXACTLY what happened last night when the Kringle look-alike popped up. That's what made me so mad, initially. If he and Edward are going to have a relationship, eventually, the last thing they should've done was throw a wrench like that into the situation. I'm still not sure whether the look-alike is real or not, but I was hoping they'd avoid this pitfall. I'm still hopeful, though.
              I'm perfectly fine with them being lords of the city together and just generally hamming it up on screen whenever they do something evil. I'm not happy with penguin suddenly not being able to tell somebody how he feels, or with this Kringle look alike showing up just to create drama. Penguin's never had any problems expressing himself before, so this just seems out of character??
              I just hope they tone down the drama. But if things go awry, at least there's fanfic to fix this... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                Jim knowing what Hatter was going to do is certainly a possibility. I sensed a bit of anger when he said, "Kill Lee," but he also seemed devoid of emotion as well. At that point, I think he realized somebody was going to get hurt no matter who he chose.

I agree 100%. I think she's the first female Gordon has been with that's been perfectly ok with the relationship being a fling of sorts, which is why I think their dynamic works. I'd be ok if the character stuck around, and while I did find the Lee/Vale scenes semi-interesting, I think they should have Thompkins leave the city with Falcone. Gordon can't pine for her for the rest of the series. It's just not realistic.

Yeah, it was a nice nod to Kringle. The blonde hair looked really good on her. I'm suspicious of her, though...

Back when Ed first killed Ms. Kringle, I thought they might have her haunt Ed, an invisible companion egging him on, whispering his riddles to him in his ear, that sort of thing. I hope that's what this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                  I'm not happy with penguin suddenly not being able to tell somebody how he feels, or with this Kringle look alike showing up just to create drama. Penguin's never had any problems expressing himself before, so this just seems out of character??
                  Maybe it's just due to the fact that having a love life wasn't really a priority in the beginning. He seemed more focused on getting the top than anything else. I'm sure he's feeling more alone than ever since losing Gertrude, too. I thought it was kind of cute how he became all nervous and tongue-tied and couldn't get the words out, but that's just me.

I just hope they tone down the drama. But if things go awry, at least there's fanfic to fix this... :P
                  Yeah, plus there is the fact that Penguin confessed it to himself. I'm sure fic writers will be busy, either way

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                  Back when Ed first killed Ms. Kringle, I thought they might have her haunt Ed, an invisible companion egging him on, whispering his riddles to him in his ear, that sort of thing. I hope that's what this is.
                  Me too!
                  Last edited by Aries83; 10-26-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I was surprisingly intrigued by the Sophie's choice conflict. I assumed he said to kill Lee, knowing Tetch would shoot Vale, because Lee is a doctor and could provide some help with the wound in the event that it wasn't immediately fatal. Of course, he had no way of knowing it wouldn't be a headshot.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎