0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I want a time machine so I can erase this
    0%

I’ve copy/pasted this from the Countdown thread…

It was a solid episode. I have Vixen issues, though. According to the continuity of the Vixen webisodes, the Nazis shouldn't have been able to take the Totem from Amaya unless she was dead or near death first. Also, why does Mari's costume look so like her Grandmother's when Mari never knew her family history? Finally, they're going to have to explain why Amaya and Mari have the same codename when Cisco named Mari with no connection to Amaya.

Comment

My review. 10/10. Sara's getting some well-deserved respect, IMO.

Comment

I wonder if we're ever going to see the jsa again. I have a few questions, like how the team formed, how they got their powers, why obsidian didn't say anything. I was impressed by stargirl and obsidian, but the rest of the team annoyed me. And their costumes could use an upgrade.

Comment

As said by Raissa, there's some Vixen things that don't make any sense with the webisodes factored in. I guess that we will just have to forget that, because it doesn't look like it's going to be explained.
          The JSA was fantastic! Many of the characters didn't get much screentime and I'm still confused on what some of their powers are, but I would rather have sparser JSA action than an episode that feels overstuffed. I think that it was balanced really well over all, which can't be easy with an episode steeped in so much comic lore.
          I am soooooooo excited with where Nate Heywood's story is going. Superpowers, here he comes! I like how he came across them, and how the episode established how much he would appreciate them. Nate goes from being the semi-useless "New Guy" who no one could remember the name of to a developing Cape on a show where everyone else has already had their origin story. Sara looking out for everyone and becoming leader fit just right, and I'm glad it happened. In season one, many things seemed very forced (Ray & Kendra, Rip's default position as team leader sometimes and disrespected babysitter other times), but in this episode awkward and difficult moments just grew into other, more fantastic things.

Comment

Pretty good episode. While I liked the JSA, I feel their introduction was rushed and we didn't get to find out much about each of them. It also would have helped if the episode spent less time on JSA/Legends conflicts and more on telling their backstory. Oh well, hopefully that will happen in a future episode. On the plus side, Commander Steele's presence in this episode helped the audience get better acclimated with Nate and that was much needed. Vixen on the other hand was a mixed bag. I prefered Mari's version that we got on Arrow.

The team leadership was obviously a hot topic, but you could tell they were really going with Sara. The signs were there when she started piloting the Waverider at the end of season 1. Plus, Caity Lotz doing the voiceover at the start of the episode was kind of a giveaway. Sara wouldn't have been my pick and to be honest. Ray and Stein (despite his o.t.t. actions here) would be, although they are hardly ideal candidates as well. Hunter was always the most suited for that role and it will be interesting to see what happens when he returns.

Eobard wasn't in it much, but once again he rocked the scenes he was in. I was confused by the Rex Tyler scene though. Eobard killing him shouldn't erase him from the timeline. Just prevent him from warning the Legends in the future. The Legends shouldn't remember Rex warning them at all. Not remember him disappearing midpoint. Ugh. This show and its time travel retcons...

7/10. LoT and Supergirl have been the best Berlanti shows until now this season.
            Last edited by costas22; 10-21-2016, 05:02 AM.

Comment

There was times when I thought that the legends needed to be called out on their destructive clueless behavior in the past, but now that somebody finally did it I thought they were being too harsh.

The JSA comes off as overly critical and self-smug at times. as an result it was hard to like any of them. still, it was cool to see them. and the ep was full of action-packed goodness that the story was enjoyable enough. so I rate it a 9/10.

Comment

I loved the episode though I didn't like the special effects with Albrecht Krieger used the serum to turn into Captain Nazi. The character doesn't look like that in the comics he looks normal sure he is muscular but the same size as Superman or Shazam.

It's like the showrunners confused him with the monster that Wade Eiling turned into in Justice League Unlimited after injecting himself with tainted "Captain Nazi Serum" that turned Wade Eiling in The General a "hulking monster."

Comment

This time travel stuff is making my head hurt.

So RF has just decided to start screwing the timeline? Has this always been his thing? I know it was part of the Flashpoint comic series but that seemed like a one off. Now with Flashpoint coming to TV, it seems like "Hey, Barry went back and changed something, made his life worse and imprisoned me" so I'm gonna go back in time and change things for the worse and don't give a damn about how it's gonna affect my future. Really? Now I'm not a time travel guy. I like it when it's pretty straight forward but Eobard is from the 31st century (presumably here). There's no possible way he can know that killing someone in 1942 won't have a profound effect on his time. Or giving a Nazi a super serum won't jack up his whole existence.

Thawne's whole thing is that he hates the Flash. If the Nazi's win the war, take over America...who's to say the flash is ever created (TV version). So then he creates his own paradox in which the object of his hatred was never an object to even be hated, thus he has no reason to go back in time, or if he even has superspeed in the first place. It's like from the Time Machine movie (Guy Pearce). He couldn't go back to save his fiance because that event was the whole reason he went back in time in the first place.

And I get the "Time wants to happen" thing but c'mon, that would mean that there's predestination and changing the past, no matter how nefarious, won't matter in the big picture anyway.

Either way, I liked the episode but, like other's have said, I would like to know more about JSA and how they came about. Wishful thinking but I doubt it will happen.

Didn't like the big Nazi Hulk. Didn't Thawne give that serum to give to Furher...why did this dude just decide on his own to inject himself. Maybe there was a conversation off screen.

I'm getting upset at Palmer and that Atom suit. Your big thing (pun intended) is shrinking, not firing those hard light bolts. Why is that not his first instinct? He could have shrunk, gone in the guy's ear and screwed up his equilibrium or something. I kinda wish he didn't have the suit at all, but the flying is handy.

What exactly does Hourman (Rex Tyler) do for the team except criticize. Does he even have any powers in this? And I thought Commander Steel was actually made of steel. Is that not a thing now? Weird name for a guy who just shoots a gun.

Again, I like the episode but don't love it. Seems to be my mantra this season.

Comment

Still no Rip Hunter? I haven't seen neither 2x01 nor 2x02 because I wait till Rip will show up again.

Comment

10/10 Everything that The Flash isn't this season. RF as the villain totally outdoes Alchemy etc. Stargirl was cool too, would love to see more of her.

Comment

Great episode, gave it a 10. I've seen people on other sites suggesting the whole Rip missing storyline is a take on the Booster Gold new 52 storyline, guess we'll see about that.

The whose going to be captain bit made me think of the crew lineup of STTNG. Stein reminds me of Picard, and Sara his number 1. I guess that makes Heat Wave Worf, Jax - Geordi, and Ray possibly Troi???

Comment

Yikes. Don't let The CW make a Hulk show anytime soon.

I thought this episode was rushed and superficial. Sara as leader? Just last episode, she was running off on her own trying to kill Damien Darhk. I felt like they deliberately sabotaged Stein to prop up Sara, which is par for the course on these shows.

Originally posted by shadow4486
                          So RF has just decided to start screwing the timeline? Has this always been his thing? I know it was part of the Flashpoint comic series but that seemed like a one off. Now with Flashpoint coming to TV, it seems like "Hey, Barry went back and changed something, made his life worse and imprisoned me" so I'm gonna go back in time and change things for the worse and don't give a damn about how it's gonna affect my future. Really? Now I'm not a time travel guy. I like it when it's pretty straight forward but Eobard is from the 31st century (presumably here). There's no possible way he can know that killing someone in 1942 won't have a profound effect on his time. Or giving a Nazi a super serum won't jack up his whole existence.
                          I think Thawne told Barry he was from about 160 years ahead back at the end of season 1. I remember thinking it was odd that he wasn't from the 25th century, as he is in the comics.

Comment

I didn't think it was very good. They should've done like Smallville and used two episodes to introduce the JSA (watching these newer shows, I frequently think "Smallville did it better"). It's too rushed here. We barely learn anything about them. Some of the JSA barely have any lines (Obsidian none). Is Dr. Mid-Nite Charles McNider (the original) or Pieter Cross? For all I know, he's an OC (as it's not unheard off for the Arrowverse to created original versions of DC characters), who becomes the father or grandfather of the Beth Chapel incarnation of Dr. Midnight. Is Stargirl Courtney Whitmore or her grandmother? Could be Doris Lee (Ted Knight's girlfriend in the 40's, who once donned the Starman suit and gravity rod/cosmic staff) for all I know.

The sexism from Hourman, when he assumed that Stein, not Sara, was the leader, rang false. This JSA has two women as active members of their team (when WW joined in the comics, she only got to be their secretary. And that was WONDER WOMAN! If she can't catch a break, Stargirl and Vixen shouldn't), not to mention being racially integrated (the military was still segregated in '42).

I thought they did a poor job, showcasing Stein as a bad choice for leader. You don't need to sabotage him. He's one half of Firestorm (the most powerful member of the team). When he and Jax are merged, only Jax would be able to hear his voice, making it difficult for him to give orders to the others. So, they'd then face a choice between him and Jax not merging (robbing the team of their most powerful member, in a fight) or Jax having to repeat everything Stein says to the others (slowing them down).

I also had hoped they'd make Obsidian and Stargirl superheroes from 2016, who'd been sent back to 1942 (mirroring Obsidian's introduction in the comics where he (along with the rest of Infinity, Inc.) is sent back from the (then) present to 1942, after having been brainwashed by the Ultra-Humanite), thus allowing them appearances on the other shows. The scenario would've had Obsidian and Stargirl be brainwashed by Thawne and sent to 1942, to take out the Legends and they team up with the 1942 JSA to do so (Obsidian and Stargirl, having been brainwashed, convinces the JSA that the Legends are villains from the future).

Obsidian and Stargirl doesn't really translate to the 1940's. Obsidian's comic costume (which they tried to stay true to) was designed in the 1980's and looks like a suit designed in the 1980's. A WWII era Obsidian would've looked closer to the Shadow. And Stargirl's shorts are way too short for what would've been acceptable in 1942.

And, instead of having the JSA just show up and be this team nobody ever has heard about, they could've explained the JSA:s existence be the result of changes to the timeline. Placing the Legends in a position, where they have to decide between undoing the changes or letting them be. On the one hand, you have changes to the timeline, which they are supposed to prevent. On the other, you have public superheroes existing in the past. Fighting the good fight and could serve as a positive influence on future metahumans.

The highlight of the episode was Victor Garber signing "Edelweiss". I don't think Garber's been in The Sound of Music. However, the song was written by Oscar Hammerstein, who was a mentor to Stephen Sondheim. And Victor Garber's been in the original cast of two different Sondheim shows. So, you do have a bit of a connection there. Of course, Garber working with Sondheim is another reason I dislike them changing Obsidian to a WWII character. In the comics, Obsidian is a Sondheim fan. So, the writers could've had some fun there.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎