Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Let Me stand next to your Fire"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Let Me stand next to your Fire"?

Not a bad episode. I did like that the pieces (i.e. characters) are coming together. Didn't think that would happen this early.

Aida and May was just fantastic. Loved it! As I did Simmons instantly figuring out that Aida was a LMD. Good going, Jemma!

Daisy dragging Jemma into this was not something I was thrilled at, not bringing back 'fire guy' (forget his name? James?).

Coulson name dropping Fury and getting a blank stare was good.

I guess I just didn't like most of the Daisy stuff? Though basically co-opting Ghost Rider into SHIELD also seemed a bit off to me. I did enjoy Phil's reaction to the Darkhold. Also the references to "gods who are aliens". I suppose Phil's still holding a grudge against Loki.

Oh yes, the "we should form a club" line. Very cute.
    10--so good we should form a club
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--so bad it's like not getting to drive Lola
    0%

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    Aida and May was just fantastic. Loved it! As I did Simmons instantly figuring out that Aida was a LMD. Good going, Jemma!
    ITA. Found myself thinking how it would've been, had the show been on the CW. There Jemma wouldn't have figured it out. Instead, she'd probably become jealous of this woman that Fitz has "been seeing behind her back" (likely think that Fitz is cheating on her). And, upon finding out that Aida's an android, she'd get upset that Fitz didn't tell her. The whole thing would've been milked for melodrama.

Instead, the show is on ABC, so we get a mature response from her and the situation is used to show that Jemma's really smart.

Comment

^I'm very thankful they didn't do that, but I certainly thought they would for a minute.

You could pretty much see it coming that Make-Things-Explode Man was working with the Watchdogs. I liked the line about two fire guys falling into a fireworks shop. "You had to see that coming."

Daisy's arm is painful to look at. I'm assuming that will be repaired now that she's back with S.H.I.E.L.D.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        Found myself thinking how it would've been, had the show been on the CW. There Jemma wouldn't have figured it out. Instead, she'd probably become jealous of this woman that Fitz has "been seeing behind her back" (likely think that Fitz is cheating on her). And, upon finding out that Aida's an android, she'd get upset that Fitz didn't tell her. The whole thing would've been milked for melodrama.
        I found myself worrying that the exact thing would happen that way and was very, very grateful when it didn't.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎