Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "A Matter of Trust?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, I think the show will ultimately go back to Olicity at some point, regardless of the ratings. That story isn't over.
    But it is....over, the only reason they will bring it back is if they get too desparate and get them back hoping the ratings will go up. But of course they wont and will likely go even lower, because Olicity is one of the major reasons why the show is in this mess in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquahyde
      But it is....over, the only reason they will bring it back is if they get too desparate and get them back hoping the ratings will go up. But of course they wont and will likely go even lower, because Olicity is one of the major reasons why the show is in this mess in the first place.
      Well one way to ensure that is for the Olicity-centric episode (5x05) to fall further ratings wise.

Comment

Originally posted by 8167432
        Well one way to ensure that is for the Olicity-centric episode (5x05) to fall further ratings wise.

JDBentz; Im going to reply you in the Season 5 Spoiler thread , crossing over.

Talk about upcoming episodes of Arrow here, as well as speculation you have about what's to come! NOTE: Spoilers from fan sites or "spoiler sites" are not allowed here. Legitimate outlets like TV Line, Zap2It, etc. are fine.
        Last edited by Aquahyde; 10-21-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquahyde
          I don't see any signs that they are done with the relationship for good. The fact that they had Felicity jump immediately into another relationship with a random guy is probably a sign that they are looking to use that as means to create more drama between her and Oliver. The producers haven't ruled the relationship off for the future. They've just said it might not happen this season.

Comment

costas22 if you dont mind, I will reply you in spoiler thread as well

Comment

This is real? I only ever read about these types of things (including Guggenheim's oft-maligned Tumblr exchanges) on here, as I don't venture into those circles. This is ridiculous.
              I'd say that 80% of the producers' timelines are tweets from oliciters who are either praising Felicity/Olicity/OTA, clamoring for MOAR Felicity/Olicity/OTA, complaining about the lack of Olicity/OTA or threatening to stop watching because the producers are not giving them Olicity/OTA! If you just check twitter, you'd think that Felicity is the show's (co)protagonist, that Olicity is THE aspect that draws in millions of viewers, and that the ONLY Team Arrow that ever existed on the show is the Glorious Original Team of Oliver/Diggle/Felicity. There is a brigade of tweeters with Felicity/Olicity/OTA avatars who are spamming the "Arrow" social media day in and day out. I think it's this incessant focussing on ONE aspect of the show (which may not be very crucial to non-shipper fans/general audience) that lured Guggenheim and company into putting so much spotlight on Felicity, Olicity and Felicity's relatives in many season three and four episodes. The TPTB seemingly forgot that lots of fans are not active on twitter, and don't feel the need to campaign 24/7 for the characters/aspects they like on the "Arrow" social media.

Anyway, the Olicity fandom got so used to this special treatment that it seems unacceptable to them that they’re no longer Uncle Guggie’s favored fanbase, and that’s IMHO the major reason for all the anger and unrest. I’m saying this because it’s not like Felicity is no longer in the spotlight…in fact, she’s been front and center in the last two eps. As for Diggle, he has had his own storyline going, so he's not neglected either. But it seems as though Felicity is only interesting/worth watching if she is in a romantic relationship with Oliver. Otherwise I don’t understand why her fans cannot be content with watching the female character that they seem to admire/adore so much, especially since Felicity gets ample screen time. If Felicity had been killed off or demoted as Oliver’s “love interest” in favor of another character, I would have understood their wrath and immense disappointment, but that’s not the case. Also, there are no signs that Olicity won't come back in full force by midseason, so to me all this complaining seems pretty entitled TBH.

I personally believe that part of the mess we’re seeing right now is the result of the producers' belief that the very social media active Felicity/Olicity(OTA fanbase represents a large chunk of the audience. This belief changed the actual storytelling and content for the worse, and created a really toxic atmosphere in the fandom, where "shipper fangirls" are pitted against "comic book fanboys", although the great majority of viewers just want to watch a good story.

As for Felicity/Olicity/OTA, non-shippers of may not be totally against these aspects per se, but I think their over-exposure made a lot of people feel as if Felicity and Olicity took over, and took the focus away from other characters and aspects that they would have liked to see more of. This (perceived) favoritism, in combination with some really lackluster writing, plotting and execution resulted in the backlash that the writers are (half-heartedly) trying to deal with right now, with their “back to season one” slogans and season one storytelling nods. However, having Oliver go back to killing, or making better action scenes won’t make “Arrow” great again, because the problems go much deeper than that.

As for the claims that a million viewers will return if only Oliver and Felicity get back together again, or if the hallowed OTA will reign supreme in every episode, I’m pretty sceptic. The viewers who stopped watching probably did so because “Arrow” wasn’t interesting or engaging enough to make them tune in every week, especially not when there are so many really good shows right now for those who like the action/adventure/superhero genre.
              Last edited by evaba; 10-21-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

evaba You pretty much hit the nail on the head, there at the end. Whether here on KSite or in other forums, what I see when people say they don't tune into Arrow is because there is some other show that's far more engaging, and they get their superhero fix from Flash, Legends, Gotham, Agents of SHIELD, Supergirl, or via Netflix's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage....

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                  evaba You pretty much hit the nail on the head, there at the end. Whether here on KSite or in other forums, what I see when people say they don't tune into Arrow is because there is some other show that's far more engaging, and they get their superhero fix from Flash, Legends, Gotham, Agents of SHIELD, Supergirl, or via Netflix's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage....
                  There is simply too much competition, not only among tv show, but even within superhero tv shows category. Casual viewers who contribute to raitings/viewership the most lost interest in "Arrow" long ago. Oliciters are simply delusional if they think that anyone expect a small part of fandom feels any thrill of seeing Olicity again, cares about OTA or other tumblr creations.

Originally posted by evaba
                  However, having Oliver go back to killing, or making better action scenes won’t make “Arrow” great again, because the problems go much deeper than that.
                  Nope, it won't. But still seeing Oliver shooting some arrows is a step in a good direction (meaning: away from the kitchen stove).

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                    There is simply too much competition, not only among tv show, but even within superhero tv shows category. Casual viewers who contribute to raitings/viewership the most lost interest in "Arrow" long ago. Oliciters are simply delusional if they think that anyone expect a small part of fandom feels any thrill of seeing Olicity again, cares about OTA or other tumblr creations.

Nope, it won't. But still seeing Oliver shooting some arrows is a step in a good direction (meaning: away from the kitchen stove).
                    I agree, too much competition for a mediocre show like Arrow to make a ratings comeback. I feel Oliver fans would be better served if Arrow was cancelled and replaced with a JSA team show led by Oliver.

Comment

An okay episode, enjoyable to watch. The main plot was nothing special, but - as usual - I enjoyed seeing badass GA and - to my surprise - the team operating in the field. The team members might be constructed of quite generic tropes, but I already like Ragman (he is a bit creepy) and hot-headed Wild Dog. So yes, Wild Dog is going to die, because they try really hard to make him that rebellious and yet sympathetic guy, who the general public is supossed to like and be sad when he ends up in early grave.

Hey, Ollie is again using his arrows in the fight (to cut the tendrils). What is happening? o_O

Also, Felicity still needs time to analyze some data and also is using algorythms to find pattern. I don't believe that they remember this three episodes in the row. [crosses out points from Personal Wishlist]

I wonder if Deadshot was supposed to be a hallucination or something...? What the hall was that? Can Amanda Waller appear in that way too, I wonder?

It was also nice to see Lyla, the second handshake between Oliver and Quentin , Thea-Ollie sister-brother relationship scenes and Wild Dog-Oliver honest talk (theu should go to drink some vodka together). Actually I quite enjoy watching Ollie as the leader, more than I expected. Felicity still has my sympathy in this season - it's the Felicity I've got to like in season 1, hope she will stay this way (no, obviously she won't because Relationship & Drama & Olicity etc). Flashbacks were also okay. Overall that episode was maybe not something that will be remembered by the end of the season, but for sure I didn't feel 42 minutes of my life wasted.

Adrian Chase and that reporter <------------<<< I found both of them very annoying.

I must also say that the meeting of the Detective-Boyfriend (what is his name again?) and Green Arrow was not even close to the awesomeness of Quentin's and the Arrow's climiatic meetings on the roofs of abandoned parking lots and dark back alley...

Mr. Terrific suit looks exactly like the one in JLU. Also I liked Ollie's comment about Hockey Mask being cool and the obvious reference to Casey Jones.

Comment

Now that Arrow has opened the doors to magic, metas, etc. -- I don't mind that the team has someone like Ragman on their roster. He's the ace up Oliver's sleeve if they do run into metas and otherwise enhanced villains. It was fun to see the team work together in the field. I am totally expecting that one (or even more) members of the team won't make it by season's end either by death, burnout, exile or drafted onto one of the other shows.

For 3/4ths of the ep, I thought Deadshot being alive was a Flashpoint anomaly but by the end my impression was that he was a hallucination. Not that surprised, as Diggle's conscience is surely shredded over killing Andy. Lyla appearing was a welcome bonus.

Comment

I wonder about one thing. Lyla is the boss of the most powerful government agency in US. And she can't get her husband out of this mess without Oliver's help? (but I'm not complaining if that means that there will be more of GA kicking asses & bow shooting).

[But still I imagine Amanda Waller giving her a look tinged condescension and sighing: "Lyla, seriously... All that years with A.R.G.U.S. didn't teach you anything?"]

As for the future of Arrow Team 5.0.:

Artemis will leave SC by the end of the season
                          Curtis will stay in the team
                          Wild Dog will die in some very unpleasant manner, killed by Prometheus most likely (I like Wild Dog = dead)
                          Ragman will sacrifice his life to save someone else, probably Felicity (I like Ragman = dead)

I will be back to this post in May to check my predictions.

Comment

I will be back to this post in May to check my predictions.
                            And when the annual forces of destruction threaten Star city, Felicity will save the city (country/world) AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
                              And when the annual forces of destruction threaten Star city, Felicity will save the city (country/world) AGAIN!
                              By power of hacking via pressing Backspace 24 times.

But on more serious note after two seasons of gritting my teeth almost every time when she was showing up on the screen, in season 5 I like Felicity again. If only I didn't had at the back of my mind that flashing red alert "Olicity will be back sooner or later".

Well, preferably later.

I guess the subtle difference I see is that right now I would say that they are for a change trying to make the best show they can, unlike most of season 3 and 4 when it was clear to me that they don't give a f$%^@ about making it enjoyable for anyone except shippers, who swallow up every nonsense as long as there is light in the fridge... Sorry! As long as Felicity is Oliver's light.

Ah, meanwhile I really need to find time to watch "Luke Cage"! But I don't even have time to keep up with those CW shows (haven't seen LOT as of yet, because, seriously, where is Rip Hunter???).
                              Last edited by Amarice; 10-23-2016, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎