Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Anything for You?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Anything for You?"

What did you think?

I gave it a 6. For me, it was the weakest episode since the premiere. It just seemed to go in circles without going anywhere.

There were some bright spots, though, like Nygmobblepot. I LOVE these two together. That was definitely something more than a hug at the end, for sure! Did anyone else think Penguin was going to kiss Nymga after he came to at the club? If that's where they want to go, I'm ok with it. It'd probably be more interesting than Gordon's love life, too. That statue of Gertrude was creepy, though...

Speaking of kisses, I thought the scene with Bruce and Selina was really sweet. Gordon/Bruce's scenes were good, too.

One thing that wasn't was Lee. As much as I enjoyed watching her give it to Nygma for Kristen Kringle, she was STUPID to think that Gordon would be so hurt by the wedding announcement. Really? B****!, get over yourself!

It's bad enough that Vale/Thompkins look to be at the center of next week's episode, too, but: Whatever. Hopefully, one of them will be killed off.

This episode just didn't cut it for me, though.

Hopefully, next week will be better.
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

While I wanted to like this episode, I couldn't. The reason is that I feel this show is starting to go down a slippery slope with all the romantic melodrama they are injecting it with. Bruce and Selina, Jim and Valerie, Lee and Mario (with Jim hovering around as a love triangle missing piece) and now apparently Ed and Penguin (that last scene was an anvil of what's going on there, lol). I mean, when Gordon and a teenage Bruce are exchanging love advices, you know this show is descending dangerously into Arrowville!

I fully agree about Lee. The scene with Jim was grating and it was like she was deliberately trying to get him to admit he was hurt. Get over yourself, indeed!

Nygma outsmarted Butch expertely. Like I said, not a big fan of where they seem to be going with him and Penguin. A romantic storyline between villains works best when the melodrama is downplayed. Like what's going on between Barbara and Tabitha.

Barnes will go psycho, won't he?
    Last edited by costas22; 10-18-2016, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      While I wanted to like this episode, I couldn't. The reason is that I feel this show is starting to go down a slippery slope with all the romantic melodrama they are injecting it with.
      I know what you mean. Part of me thinks it's because the Indian Hill/Hugo Strange/monsters arc is over, at least for now. It took up a big chunk of the story. Now that it's done, all that's left is who's dating/sleeping with who, which isn't that interesting.

Nygma outsmarted Butch expertely.
      I actually believed, for a few minutes at least, that Nygma did want to betray Penguin. I was glad it was all a ruse, though.

Like I said, not a big fan of where they seem to be going with him and Penguin. A romantic storyline between villains works best when the melodrama is downplayed. Like what's going on between Barbara and Tabitha.
      Yeah, I'm sure it's not everybody's cup of tea (with ginger and honey), but I actually like the idea. I hope the writers take it seriously, though. I'm sure the Nygmobblepot fans are happy!

Barnes will go psycho, won't he?
      It looks that way, doesn't it? I can't remember who (or where), but: Somebody implied that Barnes was going to turn into/mirror a character from Batman: TAS, a cop or attorney gone bad. I tried to find the clip they linked to, but had no luck. I'm all for Barnes leaving, but only if it means Gordon is appointed Commissioner.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        I know what you mean. Part of me thinks it's because the Indian Hill/Hugo Strange/monsters arc is over, at least for now. It took up a big chunk of the story. Now that it's done, all that's left is who's dating/sleeping with who, which isn't that interesting.
        Seems like Mad Hatter is supposed to be the main villain for the first half of the season. And while he's a more charismatic villain than Galavan, imo the latter had a much better storyline at this point last season. Hell, Mad Hatter's arc is also driven by love tragedy! I hope the show focuses more on the Court of Owls in the coming weeks.

I actually believed, for a few minutes at least, that Nygma did want to betray Penguin. I was glad it was all a ruse, though.
        He was very convincing. That was probably the best spell of the episode. Poor Butch can't catch a break.

It looks that way, doesn't it? I can't remember who (or where), but: Somebody implied that Barnes was going to turn into/mirror a character from Batman: TAS, a cop or attorney gone bad. I tried to find the clip they linked to, but had no luck. I'm all for Barnes leaving, but only if it means Gordon is appointed Commissioner.
        Yeah a turn to the dark side seems to be in the works. I admit I like Barnes (he is Greek after all ), but no one lasts too long in that captain's chair.

Comment

Bruce/Selina and Bruce/Gordon scenes were great, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            I hope the show focuses more on the Court of Owls in the coming weeks.
            Me too. Or, something that allows for LESS of the relationship nonsense involving Gordon.

I admit I like Barnes (he is Greek after all ), but no one lasts too long in that captain's chair.
            I like him a little more this season, but only because he's not really able to give Gordon such a hard time. That got real old with his character last season.

Comment

I kept on thinking this entire time I was watching, that the fans who shipped Copplepot and Nygma together was going to fangirl so hard over this ep. It's so rare to see the writers blatantly ship two male characters together, usually it's just subtext and nothing more.

This was a so-so ep, I could tell that they were just setting up for something big in the next following eps. but it kept me interested all the same.

Comment

First I made a post in the Gotham forum and it never showed up why is that?

Me too. Or, something that allows for LESS of the relationship nonsense involving Gordon.

I like him a little more this season, but only because he's not really able to give Gordon such a hard time. That got real old with his character last season.
                Anything is more interesting than Gordon.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                  It's so rare to see the writers blatantly ship two male characters together, usually it's just subtext and nothing more.
                  I agree. In fact, I'd rather watch Nygmobblepot every week instead of the guff with Gordon.

I forgot to mention: It was good to see Zsasz again. I thought the writers had forgotten about him...

Comment

I liked Nygma's manipulation of Butch. That was well played. Now that we're past his obsession with Miss Kringle and his Gollum phase, he's one of the more interesting characters.

Props to Selina for pointing out that she's literally the only girl Bruce knows and interacts with.

I also liked seeing Zsasz. I was just thinking about him a few days ago.

I feel sorry for Morena Baccarin. Lee just isn't a meaningful character.

Nygmobblepot? Who is the final authority on these names? Was this a thing before the last two episodes? I definitely expected them to kiss at the end of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                      Nygmobblepot? Who is the final authority on these names? Was this a thing before the last two episodes?
                      I remember seeing the shipper name on Twitter around the middle of Season 2, when fans were hoping Nygma and Penguin would interact at some point.

There's also a lot of fan art for the ship on there. Some of it's actually pretty cool (and well done).

I definitely expected them to kiss at the end of this one.
                      So did I I'll be disappointed if they don't, eventually. Why not? I really hope the writers go for it!

Comment

The last two episodes have been dull. They don't seem to be going anywhere. What's the Mad City in the title stand for?

Comment

Mad Hatter?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎