No announcement yet.

Green Arrow mod

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Arrow mod

I'll be soon (probably on 28) releasing a free "Green Arrow" mod/fangame we've made (in retro style engine, but with very nice features and effects).

How many would be interested to play it when released?
    Last edited by GreenJustice; 10-16-2016, 04:34 AM.

It could be interesting so I might play it.

It is modified Doom engine? It looks like Doom or Wolfenstein 3D. My favorite game on that engine was Heretic from Raven Software.

Comment

Comparison to Doom is flattering
      This is Wolf4SDL - Wolfenstein 3D for SDL (very, VERY) heavily edited by custom coding (which can indeed give a good fight to Doom engine with quite some features, but is still, like Wolf3D - single-height, orthogonal walls, cell-based mapping).
      Native Windows game, self-contained (standalone).

I love Heretic too Retro gamer myself and am doing retro-shooter mods for years.
      We've released Batman mods before as well, second one even got very good reviews.
      https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...nstein-3d-mod/

This is our first Green Arrow mod.
      Last edited by GreenJustice; 10-18-2016, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenJustice
        I'll be soon (probably on 28) releasing a free "Green Arrow" mod/fangame we've made (in retro style engine, but with very nice features and effects).

How many would be interested to play it when released?
        It looks really interesting. Will try to give it a shot when it's released. I've never played Wolfenstein but I remembered Doom and Doom 2.

Comment

Thank you Hope you'll enjoy it, was made with a lot of love and inspiration for gaming and for Green Arrow character/TV series (this is 2 years of work), testing feedbacks are good so far as well.

Wolfenstein 3D gameplay mechanics is a bit different than Doom (though obviously similar in many other things both being retro 2.5D 1st person shooting engines) and so newcomer might need to get used to it.
          I strongly suggest for you - to start on lowest skill level and see how it goes (increase it later if too easy). Also make sure you read "readme" section carefully.
          Still, mod's main target audience are diehard Wolf3D modding fans and so some basic gameplay features (like pushwalls) are still assumed and skill level might be challenging for new player.
          Also most players know some of the features from our previous mods, like "shoot the switch to flip it" mechanics.
          Last edited by GreenJustice; 10-18-2016, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I have released my "Green Arrow" mod:
            http://www.moddb.com/mods/green-arrow

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍