Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Keep Calm and Carry On"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Keep Calm and Carry On"?

The Road so far. Didn’t recognize the song. Also, why did we reuse some of the footage multiple times? That wraith thing shot was in there at least twice and maybe even 3 times.

Dean vs. Mary and she kicks his butt! He tells her what’s up and the Story of John and Mary (meet cute). Dean really seemed to be taking it calmly—his dead mom coming back. This is the woman who was on a pedestal for him for years.

Castiel falling to Earth (anyone else get Smallville vibes from that? *raises hands*). And Cas—stealing that guy’s truck?! Not nice!

The BMOL (BritishMOL) is super pushy.

Cas meets Mary.

Mary’s reaction to the Impala was almost better than anything else in the episode. Until Dean realized why she was having that reaction. Priceless!

Crowley trailing after Lucifer. The demon guy talking like a 14 year old was funny.

Mary and technology. That was quite cute and clever. Yeah, big change from when she was alive. Wish we’d gotten to see her reaction to cell phones. I was around in the 80’s and remember the honking bricks that you paid a fortune for. She’d likely be blown away by the ones we have now (and that they can access the internet—which is another thing can’t wait for her to encounter. Side note: will Dean have to hide his bookmarks from his Mom? Or will she find out about Busty Asian Beauties? ).

Dean calling the BMOL and having a “Taken” moment, then getting so angry he busts the phone.

Baby takes a hit (how dare they?!) and Mary to the rescue. Nice. Do not mess with Mama Winchester, dudes. She will kick your butt.

That BMOL lady just doesn’t get Sam at all, does she? You’d think she would have done some basic research on him and figure out a few things (like the fact—as he mentions—that he’s been tortured by Lucifer. Or that there are far more effective ways to get him to talk than torture). She just seemed to go about it all wrong and for an organization that’s all about research, you’d think she would have done hers (I know, she maybe didn’t have time but still….).

The trick of Sam cutting his own throat—I’m surprised she fell for it.

Saving people, hunting things. Nice callback. And Dean accepting that they’ve done more good than bad was a nice moment. Especially since he doubted that back in Season 10, with the Mark of Cain and all.

We end with Sam nearly getting out but trapped on the stairs (still thinking Dean is dead, which was heartbreaking). And Mama and Dean, along with Cas, racing to the rescue.

Solid start to season 12 but I do wish we’d either had a 2-parter or 2 back to back episodes. I would have liked to have this whole thing resolved in one night, I guess?

Side note: what did everyone think of Season 12’s title card?
    10--Like seeing Baby again after 33 years!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--Worse than Baby being hit by another vehicle!
    0%

BEST.SCENE.EVER.

Dean realizing that he might have been conceived in his own car....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
      BEST.SCENE.EVER.

Dean realizing that he might have been conceived in his own car....
      Lol loved that scene so much!

Comment

I liked it. I like what Mary adds to the mix, though I fear they'll kill her again like they do with everyone else that we love, especially the females.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
          I liked it. I like what Mary adds to the mix, though I fear they'll kill her again like they do with everyone else that we love, especially the females.
          I have a feeling Mary will end up dying again as well. I'm thinking the best thing would be to have her decide she needs to go out and rediscover the world--on her own--and she can come back or meet up with the boys on special occasions (translation--sweeps!). Or, make Mary the spin-off character. Fans have said the spin-off should be female led or at least make a woman one of the main leads. Have Mary team up with Jody Mills and Sherriff Donna and that would be a pretty cool show, IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎