No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Out of Time?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Out of Time?"

What did you think of the Legends of Tomorrow season premiere?
    10 - Out of Sight! It was great!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Out of Ideas
    0%

A good narrative episode, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to start the season with it. The JSA in the end made my day and Nate Heywood is the audience viewpoint.

Comment

Warning: Language.

Score: 10/10. Let's see how long it takes for them to make me lower it. Took them until "Left Behind" last season.

Comment

There's a lot to like about the episode. The concept of Nate and Oliver finding Rory, who then would describe what happened to the Legends was a good way to open the season. They did a very good job of fleshing out the story and on this occasion, the show's time travel rules were kept simple and basic. All in all it was a fun episode to follow with the right combination of action, comedy and suspense.

My major gripe with this episode was its Einstein portions. For a show that's supposed to be documenting history, it sure does its fair share of bending history, doesn't it? For example, the story about his first wife's contribution was an oddly obsessed attempt to establish something that has never been proven as fact. And Einstein didn't create the bomb either...

Nate was a good addition to the show. There's something instantly likeable about him. As far as the regular characters, I found Ray, Martin and Jax more enjoyable than last season, whereas Rory still gets to say the best lines. Sara was ok (and I fully get her desire to save Laurel), but they really should cut back on the sex crazed nonsense. I was intrigued by Rip's fate. Obviously he's not dead, but looks like the team will have to make do without him for a while.

According to the credits, Matt Letscher is a regular. Which is great news because Reverse Flash is one of the best villains we've seen in the Berlanti-verse. Looking forward to his rapport with Darhk, as well as Merlyn and Cold in the future.

7/10.
        Last edited by costas22; 10-14-2016, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Liked it but didn't love it. I won't go into details right now, busy.

Comment

Breath deeply No Hawks show went waaay up in my opinion.
            I kinda hope they don't share the same universe as Flash. I mean Flash is trying to deal with the Time Travel thing but Legends is all about the timeline. I like that they don't take themselves too seriously.

New Guy as a Historian seems like a good addition to the team. He's like Barry Allan and Rip Hunter was merge together into one.

It was funny when the team ended up.
            Was Ray's Time scramble a nod to Batman. There is a comic that Bruce ended up in prehistoric times.
            While I enjoyed Sarah's interaction with the women of time. They shouldn't overplay it at every timeline.

Rory: "I knew you didn't like me!" The man is great.
            Stein punched Enstein
            Rory the brains of the operation.

Seeing the JSA my first thought is that I hope the Legends kick their asses.

My only problem in Season 2 and Season 1 Finale is the red hearing. Finale had Patrick J Adams (Rex Tyler) namedropping the JSA and the only mention is that they shouldn't go back to 1943.

Overall
            Neal McDonough hopefully he doesn't fall apart like what happened in Arrow. RF as a villian. I don't know the actor but I like his work in Flashpoint. What Savage lack was time travel and to work as a believable threat to the Legends. Between the two of them they already answer problem.

I hope Darhk and RF have an underlying scheme in the episodes and not just pull something out of the air last minute.

What happened to Rip? I wonder if RF has him prisoner sometime.
            That said who is the new Captain. Rip said the Legends are the best crew a Captain can ask for but they don't have a captain. Without someone to lead they are a motley bunch. I wonder how they are going to settle it?

If Cold was around I would nominate him as Captain of the Waverider. He is already a Captain after all.

Comment

The Einstein aspect was too hack-eyed for me... but the rest of the epodise I loved to bits.

Comment

The show's not much for historical accuracy. Perhaps they should've used a fictional scientist from DC's catalogue of characters, instead of the real Einstein.

Still not in love with the JSA suits (I do wish the CW would get over their love of leather), which I thought looked too goofy. I can only imagine what the main cast was thinking in that scene: "paycheck, paycheck, paycheck".

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎