No announcement yet.

Is Alchemy really Dr. Alchemy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Alchemy really Dr. Alchemy?

We all know that the TV show differs from the comics in many way. What if Alchemy is not the Dr. Alchemy we know from the comics but rather something completely different with a similar name?

1) Very little has followed Comic canon. Origins, costumes, good/bad affiliation, etc. The differences might be subtle but it's obvious the show runners do not want to follow the comics 100% faithfully. I like that it's not exactly like the comics but it is what it is.

2) Alchemy's power. There's some debate on this but Alchemy never had the ability to see different timelines, nor did he have the capability to use telepathy (presuming that's what he's using to contact Clariss) All he had was the Philosopher's Stone. He was formidable, yet bit player in the Comics (at least to my memory). So this Alchemy is seemingly something completely different.

3) More on the power. When we saw the Flash get hit by Alchemy, he as hit with a light beam. If this was (presumably) from the Stone, then why was there no change to the suit or anything. From what I can remember from the comics, the stone transmutes matter and that's it's only use. It does not fire concussive beams so what did Alchemy hit Barry with? Also, restoration of powers from different timelines is not a power of the Stone so how did Alchemy pull that off?

4) What's up with the "husks"? I'm speculating that, like a butterfly, the new person emerged from these husks to have their power. I'd like to know more on that but I think we'll have to wait.

At any case, I leaning toward Alchemy being something completely different rather than a guy with the Stone. I guess that remains to be seen but this wouldn't be the first time the show runners had a character with completely different powers than their comic counterpart (cough, cough...Firestorm). And, of course, this bears more data before becoming fact.

I'm not sure exactly what will be different but I'm almost positive I've read an interview with the producers saying that Dr. Alchemy on the show is going to be a meta-human. They didn't give any specific details though. I'll see if I can find the interview where I read it.

Comment

Regarding 3, it's quite possible to restore powers using the stone. Since the stone has the power of transmutation it could quite easily alter Clariss' body chemistry so that it was similar to Barry's with the chemicals, another blast from the stone could then act as a lightning bolt and voila, one speedster

Comment

Originally posted by speople
        Regarding 3, it's quite possible to restore powers using the stone. Since the stone has the power of transmutation it could quite easily alter Clariss' body chemistry so that it was similar to Barry's with the chemicals, another blast from the stone could then act as a lightning bolt and voila, one speedster
        Ah...yes...there's that farfetched answer I would expect out of the show runners.

Unfortunately, that would mean that this Dr. Alchemy would have to know the exact ratios of the chemicals. I'd be more apt to believe that he would be able to use the same composition of the PA explosion to give a person powers, like Clariss. Then the question arises: If it was the PA explosion that gave Clariss his powers, then why didn't he have them already.

Oooo, maybe in that alternate universe Clariss made one decision that allowed him to get hit by the explosion (went right instead of going left). Or he got powers like Wally in the Alternate universe. I dunno...spitballing here.

Comment

Originally posted by pside15
          I'm not sure exactly what will be different but I'm almost positive I've read an interview with the producers saying that Dr. Alchemy on the show is going to be a meta-human. They didn't give any specific details though. I'll see if I can find the interview where I read it.
          I had not heard that. If that's the case then, that changes the game.

Please link if you do find that article. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
            I had not heard that. If that's the case then, that changes the game.

Please link if you do find that article. Thanks.

I know I read that somewhere, because I thought it was odd but could also be an interesting take on Dr. A, and I think it was an interview with AK but I could be wrong about that part. Funny thing is now every article I find now mentions that Dr A has the stone like in the comics. So now I don't know what to think. I'm still going to try and find that article though. I think it was on CBR but it appears to be down right now so I can't look there.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎