Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Helping Chloe Sullivan out
    Posts
    1,469

    Barry's 'roomie' is Dr Alchemy ?

    Going by the Wikipedia entry for Dr Alchemy

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Alchemy

    I'm going out on a limb here to say that Barry's 'roomie' is the new protagonist Dr Alchemy given the base similarities between the characters.

    The Roomie and Alchemy, are also coincidentally, the ONLY as yet new people in the timeline so I'm going out on a limb to say that they are one and the same and that the roomie doesn't remember his actions (or knowledge of being) Alchemy, as he suffers from the multiple personality disorder listed for Albert Desmond.

    And it would also fit the m.o of the show for its first 2 seasons in that someone who Barry works with turns out to be the protagonist.
    Last edited by speople; 10-12-2016 at 03:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Pirate King Backward Galaxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,011
    Alchemy was at the mill while Barry's roomie was at the police station. A person being in two places at once didn't prevent Wells from being Eobard or Jay from being Zoom, but we will need more to understand how that could work.

  3. #3
    Forum Whiz shadow4486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by speople View Post
    Going by the Wikipedia entry for Dr Alchemy

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Alchemy

    I'm going out on a limb here to say that Barry's 'roomie' is the new protagonist Dr Alchemy given the base similarities between the characters.

    The Roomie and Alchemy, are also coincidentally, the ONLY as yet new people in the timeline so I'm going out on a limb to say that they are one and the same and that the roomie doesn't remember his actions (or knowledge of being) Alchemy, as he suffers from the multiple personality disorder listed for Albert Desmond.

    And it would also fit the m.o of the show for its first 2 seasons in that someone who Barry works with turns out to be the protagonist.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the new "series regular" turns out to be the antagonist, as we saw with Wells and Jay, then this show will have officially jumped the shark with me. There's no way the show runners can be so clueless as to do the same thing three times.

    It's like when you see a show like Psych (I only use this reference because I noticed it there more than any other) and they have a guest star on that week. Well you know right off the bat that the guest star is probably the one who committed the crime because it wraps things up without having them in other episodes. Now that, is lazy writing (eh, Backward??). And it makes it no fun to watch because you know what's what and you are completely not surprised.

    Now, last year they threw us for a loop (a bit) by having Jay get "killed" then sullied that by pulling in the "time remnant" loophole.

    That being said, if Julian Albert (or any twin, duplicate, doppleganger or alternate version) is Alchemy, then I will be very disappointed. Very.



  4. #4
    Forum Whiz shadow4486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    Alchemy was at the mill while Barry's roomie was at the police station. A person being in two places at once didn't prevent Wells from being Eobard or Jay from being Zoom, but we will need more to understand how that could work.
    But do we really know that to be true? Time is not linear on any TV show so Barry could have talked to Julian hours before going to the mill, giving Malfoy plenty of time to get to where he need to be.

    Of course, I sincerely hope not but you never know.

  5. #5
    Pirate King Backward Galaxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,011
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow4486 View Post
    But do we really know that to be true? Time is not linear on any TV show so Barry could have talked to Julian hours before going to the mill, giving Malfoy plenty of time to get to where he need to be.

    Of course, I sincerely hope not but you never know.
    I got the impression that he went straight to the mill. Even if my interpretation is correct, though, it doesn't rule him out. We've seen it twice with this show, with Zoom and Eobard, where they found a way to get around the whole "being in two locations at once" thing. Off the top of my head, I can imagine several scenarios... For example...

    1: It looks as if there's an Alchemy cult. Perhaps there are multiple leaders, or their leader utilizes a decoy.

    2: Time travel... again.

    3: Mind control. We've seen Grodd force people to do things against their will. Alchemy appears to have supernatural abilities. It isn't out of the question he can do it, too.

    4: Alchemy has the ability to see across multiple timelines. He could be working with multiple versions of himself from multiple timelines.

    So, even if I'm right, that doesn't mean you're wrong.

  6. #6
    Pirate King Backward Galaxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,011
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow4486 View Post

    It's like when you see a show like Psych (I only use this reference because I noticed it there more than any other) and they have a guest star on that week. Well you know right off the bat that the guest star is probably the one who committed the crime because it wraps things up without having them in other episodes. Now that, is lazy writing (eh, Backward??). And it makes it no fun to watch because you know what's what and you are completely not surprised.

    It's a pretty common trope of murder mystery shows and cop dramas to have the killer end up being the most famous guest character. But I would caution against immediately dubbing it lazy just because it spoils the mystery. There are plenty of series that outright spoil who the murderer is at the beginning of each episode. If I'm not mistaken, Columbo used to do that all the time. You might ask, where's the fun in that? Well, the fun was in watching the bad guy squirm while Columbo got closer and closer to the truth.

    That said, I understand and even agree with your point. If Julian Albert ends up being Dr. Alchemy, it will not only end up being predictable, and redundant, it will be disappointing.

  7. #7
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,878
    One of Dr. Alchemy's secret identities was a person with the first name Albert.

    If they are using Julian's last name because it is the same as the first Dr. Alchemy's secret identities first name many comic fans would see it coming.

    I think they might want to pull an Eddie Thawne and give us a character with a similar name to a Flash villain so we think they are actually a villain but they turn out not being the villain.

    So I think Julian Albert might be just a red herring.

  8. #8
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Helping Chloe Sullivan out
    Posts
    1,469
    Dr Alchemy is also of course quite deliberately like Zoom, conveniently hiding behind a mask. They don't usually mask villains, it's nearly always the hero in order to protect the innocents around them. Usually, the only reason they mask villains is because it would take away the suspense of who it is, because invariably we would otherwise know. In a sense they also masked Eobard Thawne as well by having him in the body of Harrison Wells. I'm therefore sure the mask is because it's a season regular (or someone we have already seen, for some reason Dante has been springing into my mind, that he isn't just 'dead' for the reason of giving Cisco some angst. Unless ofc he died in sn 2 which I didn't watch).

    Iirc I think I was the first to post that Harrison Wells was actually in fact Eobard Thawne, if I'm right about this as well then 2 out of 3 won't be bad. (Didn't watch sn 2 out of protest in not even resolving the cliffhanger from sn 1 so couldn't really make any stabs at the identity of Zoom).

    Also, it is quite plain that Julian REALLY, I mean REALLY doesn't like Barry, he's smart and I'm pretty sure he knows Barry is the Flash but doesn't want to tip his hand just yet.

    That being said, at least having Alchemy as one of the 2 protagonists this season is one hell of a welcome change from 1 protagonist speedster because no matter who they bring in as a speedster, absolutely no one will ever top TC's RF.

    We've got Mon-El (from the LSH) over in Supergirl, we've got the Dominators (LSH villains) for the 4 part xover, I'd love them to go the whole hog and just do a Legion show. Maybe The Time Trapper, or even better, Glorith, (both time-bending uber villains who are major bad asses in the DCU) could show up on the Flash in the near future, I'd wet my pants if they did. Glorith was also infatuated with Mon-El and that infatuation eventually led to the reboot of DC's entire line of comics in Zero Hour.

  9. #9
    Forum Whiz shadow4486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    It's a pretty common trope of murder mystery shows and cop dramas to have the killer end up being the most famous guest character. But I would caution against immediately dubbing it lazy just because it spoils the mystery. There are plenty of series that outright spoil who the murderer is at the beginning of each episode. If I'm not mistaken, Columbo used to do that all the time. You might ask, where's the fun in that? Well, the fun was in watching the bad guy squirm while Columbo got closer and closer to the truth.

    That said, I understand and even agree with your point. If Julian Albert ends up being Dr. Alchemy, it will not only end up being predictable, and redundant, it will be disappointing.
    Well, it's painfully obvious we are not dealing with Columbo's writers. I'd venture to say that these writers may have never heard of Columbo (j/k). And more to the point, they are not writing a episodic mystery series so I don't think that enters into their brains.

  10. #10
    Forum Whiz shadow4486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    One of Dr. Alchemy's secret identities was a person with the first name Albert.

    If they are using Julian's last name because it is the same as the first Dr. Alchemy's secret identities first name many comic fans would see it coming.

    I think they might want to pull an Eddie Thawne and give us a character with a similar name to a Flash villain so we think they are actually a villain but they turn out not being the villain.

    So I think Julian Albert might be just a red herring.

    I can totally jive with this and I hope he is a red herring.

    I really, really hope.

  11. #11
    Forum Whiz shadow4486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by speople View Post

    We've got Mon-El (from the LSH) over in Supergirl, we've got the Dominators (LSH villains) for the 4 part xover, I'd love them to go the whole hog and just do a Legion show. Maybe The Time Trapper, or even better, Glorith, (both time-bending uber villains who are major bad asses in the DCU) could show up on the Flash in the near future, I'd wet my pants if they did. Glorith was also infatuated with Mon-El and that infatuation eventually led to the reboot of DC's entire line of comics in Zero Hour.
    I'd support any LSH show.

  12. #12
    Release the Snyder Cut costas22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    76,700
    Don't think it will be him. Too obvious, I feel.

  13. #13
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Helping Chloe Sullivan out
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Don't think it will be him. Too obvious, I feel.
    People said that about HW/RF

    As Backward Galaxy often used to post in the HW is not RF thread, the producers apparently like to work with a KISS model.

  14. #14
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Helping Chloe Sullivan out
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow4486 View Post
    I'd support any LSH show.
    With the CW being a pretty boy/girl channel, I'm sure they'd love to since the LSH had the biggest roster of heroes in comics. The only constraint holding them back I feel is the fx budget such a show would require. Still, one can live in hope of seeing a live action Dawnstar.

  15. #15
    Forum Whiz shadow4486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by speople View Post
    Still, one can live in hope of seeing a live action Dawnstar.
    Truer words have never been spoken. *fist bump*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •