No announcement yet.

Will Ollie get a Girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Ollie get a Girlfriend?

I think he should and have her be part of the Arrow team.

Don't mind me, I'm waiting to see what the shippers think of this.

[If they want to model the Bruce Wayne playbook, I think it'd be hilarious if Oliver shows up to some mayoral function with, like, three or four dates and played the silver-spoon playboy dilettante to the hilt. It's all part of his secret identity, he'd say. Felicity as his ex several months removed, could do little but have to grin and bear it for the team]

Comment

If you want the focus to be on kissing or no clothes, skin-on-skin action:

Go watch Masters of Sex or something of that nature on Showtime, HBO, etc.

We've already seen what having Oliver with a serious girlfriend (Felicity), not-so-serious girlfriend (Sara), and ex-girlfriend (Laurel & Felicity) on the team is like. In case you hadn't noticed, no one wants a return to that. That's why they changed things for now.

Comment

In case you hadn't noticed, no one wants a return to that. That's why they changed things for now.
        He is not gonna remain celibate and single forever. Romance will always be a subplot in most shows.

Comment

Of course.

Why Carrie? Because she would follow him wherever he goes, wouldn't mind him saving the city - she would save it with him, for him, or would burn it and turn it to ashes - whatever he would want. Not to mention that she would bake for him omelettes and muffins etc.

But seriously - I hope that Ollie will remain alone for at least some time. The romance and pairings will be back (say this with The Terminator's tone of voice), because it's not only CW but also a part of storytelling. In reality Oliver's biggest wish would be catching a few hours of sleep between saving the city and being the Mayor, but well, it's not RL. I only hope that they have learned the lesson and won't go overboard again with the shipping stuff (yes, I'm naive, but maybe the look at ratings and the fact that there is a lot of competition when it comes to superhero shows should make them think twice before turning Arrow fully into the catastrophe season 4 was).

(But I still like the idea of Carriver ).
          Last edited by Amarice; 10-09-2016, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Ollie? A girlfriend other than Felicity?

Besides, I don't think the showrunners want to put any actress through the process of getting harrassed and bullied online by disgruntled Felicity fans. He will remain single until Olicity: Chapter 2 begins.

Comment

It's time Ollie manned up and took his marriage vows seriously. He needs to put his cheating ways and days w/ Felicity behind him, forget other women and start building a family with his lovely wife Nyssa (Olyssa babies anyone?).

Olicity Carriver

#OLYSSA4EVA!

Comment

I hope this thread lives forever.

Didn't you know, SK -- Nyssa was at Starling City Galleria Mall one week before Legacy, walking aimlessly in and out of stores in track pants and tshirt, trying to get over the fact that, even after Ollie's break with Felicity, he still hasn't returned to her legally-binding married arms.

[At Zales, Galleria Mall]:

"Nyssa (trying on wedding rings for fun -- damn right she's looking through the over $5,000 counter!):
                Oooh, I do like this Princess-cut Diamond Frame Bridal Set in 14K Gold. Not too showy, is it?

Sales Girl: No, it looks wonderful on your hands! I'm thinking your husband will love it on you!

Nyssa: Yes. My husband. (Bursts into tears, lamenting Oliver's betrayal of their ancient vows, said before the Head of the Demon himself, Ra's Al Ghul). I'm so sorry, Daddy. I wanted to make you happy, bear an heir to the League. A strong, proud son who would rule the world! But Oliver betrayed your plans. Killed you. Made me a bride scorned! *utters medieval Arabic epithets that have been long lost in translation*

Thea: Nyssa ... at Zales ... crying. Ohmigod. Nyssa, baby girl, it's alright now. You're with Thea, now. We'll go get ice cream at the food court.

Nyssa: *bawling* I want a sundae, with extra sprinkles! And whipped cream!!

Thea: I know, I know. Just like Laurel used to bring to you. Give the nice sales girl that -wow, that's some rock!- pretty 14K -holy s#$% that's like more than TEN grand!- ring. You don't want the bad security guard to chase you after you set off the exit alarms. There, there, we'll go to Macy's and look at the dresses later. Okay?

Nyssa: Yes, thank you. Sara was always my beloved, but Laurel was my good friend until she died. My bae, as today's youth call it now. Will you be my bae now, in my moment of sorrow over Oliver's broken vows?

Thea: Honey, I won't be your bae *begins to weep* because I'm your SISTER-in-lawwwwww *bursts into tears* We're family, girl!

Nyssa: Yes, sister! In the League's eyes, you would hold the pedigree of a Countess. A princess of the blood, even! What the League has joined together, let no one put asunder! Yes, sister, let us go for ice cream.

Thea: Yes, let's! (still thinking of Nyssa's ring) Holy crap that was one heckuva rock! Ollie had better pony up too! She is his wife after all."

Comment

Originally posted by acer15
                  I think he should and have her be part of the Arrow team.
                  Wait until episode 10 and you might get your wish.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                    Didn't you know, SK -- Nyssa was at Starling City Galleria Mall one week before Legacy, walking aimlessly in and out of stores in track pants and tshirt, trying to get over the fact that, even after Ollie's break with Felicity, he still hasn't returned to her legally-binding married arms.

Thea: Yes, let's! (still thinking of Nyssa's ring) Holy crap that was one heckuva rock! Ollie had better pony up too! She is his wife after all."
                    LOL
                    Exactly! This is as it should be --Oliver owes her a big rock and it better not be paid for out of his Felicity palimony settlement!

And I ask, who better to fulfill the role of Star City's First Lady than Nyssa Al Ghul-Queen?

I can see it now: in the cozy private family quarters in the Star City mayor's mansion Nyssa and her sister-in-law Thea bond at the breakfast table over lattes, omelettes whipped up by Oliver, and happy memories of their mutual friend Laurel, while keeping an eye on Ollie Jr. crawling around on one of the Ras' family ancient Oriental rugs, and nearby, upon one of the walls hangs a handsome portrait of Ollie Jr's deceased Paw-paw Ras' In December, Nyssa lovingly presides over the Star City kiddies at the holiday tree lighting ceremony and in spring, she cavorts with the grubby but lovable little Star City scamps during her and Ollie's annual Easter egg hunt held on the grounds of the mayor's mansion. And throughout Ollie's term in office, she visits Star City schools, on a mission to promote her exercise-related first lady initiative: Swordplay for Toddlers, Kiddies, Tween and Teens.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow_47
                      Wait until episode 10 and you might get your wish.
                      This has to do with those BTS photos I've heard about, doesn't it? Funny thing about that is supposedly, Emily's not filming. If that's the case, and its not a flashback of some kind.... I almost feel sorry for the Olicity fans.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                        This has to do with those BTS photos I've heard about, doesn't it? Funny thing about that is supposedly, Emily's not filming. If that's the case, and its not a flashback of some kind.... I almost feel sorry for the Olicity fans.
                        "almost" being the key word, I'm sure.

Comment

What photo's?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow_47
                            "almost" being the key word, I'm sure.
                            Am I that transparent? I should try harder to be opaque...

Haggard: the photos are ones mentioned on that other forum we've posted in recently. Apparently, they're for Episode 10 and it looks like a wedding set of some kind. KC is slated to appear, but from what is being reported, EBR won't be on that particular set.

I'm currently having a horrible feeling it'll be some kind of hallucination induced on Oliver or someone, or maybe I'm deciding that's what it is so I can be pleasantly surprised when it turns out not to be.

Of course, if it is some kind of fake out with KC and everything, I fully expect to see the Arrow numbers plummet really, really fast.

Comment

Am I that transparent? I should try harder to be opaque...

Haggard: the photos are ones mentioned on that other forum we've posted in recently. Apparently, they're for Episode 10 and it looks like a wedding set of some kind. KC is slated to appear, but from what is being reported, EBR won't be on that particular set.

I'm currently having a horrible feeling it'll be some kind of hallucination induced on Oliver or someone, or maybe I'm deciding that's what it is so I can be pleasantly surprised when it turns out not to be.

Of course, if it is some kind of fake out with KC and everything, I fully expect to see the Arrow numbers plummet really, really fast.
                              ANOTHER (fake?) wedding? Please, bring back Cupid to put an end to this ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎