Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Arrow season premiere "Legacy?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'm back from my self imposed forum exile, just when I thought I was out you guys suck me back in with show tunes. Why did it have to be show tunes! Sigh!

Well if Oliver must sing, and it seems that he must, than I would think he would borrow "Luck be a Lady Tonight" from old blue eyes. I imagine it would go something like this.

Felicity be my Lady Tonight.
    Felicity be my lady tonight.
    Felicity if you've been a Lady to begin with

Felicity let a Masked Man see
    Just how nice a dame you can be.
    I know the way you've treated other heroes you've been with
    Felicity be a Lady with me.

A lady never leaves her hero.
    It isn't fair it isn't nice.
    A lady doesn't wander all over the town
    And pulls on some other hero's tights.

Let's keep this show polite
    Never get out of my sight.
    Stick with me baby I'm the hero you
    Came in with
    Last edited by Carmine-Infantino; 10-15-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

For those of us who have seen S5 so far, Felicity has been quite tolerable and even a bit like her previous pre-S3 self. Some of the 'hate' she's been getting online this season doesn't quite reflect what is actually happening on-screen.

Much hay has been made about Felicity challenging Ollie's "authority" re: training. Having seen the ep., I didn't really get that at all. She brought up her concerns in private, away from the newbies which was more than reasonable. (They gave Curtis the unenviable job of the 'I-don't-trust-you!' hissy fit.) Her not wanting to be disguised, we can chalk up to her typically independent streak which has been both a good and bad thing for her character (it wasn't a problem for me in this case). On principle, Ollie didn't trust them enough to reveal his identity and wanted her to do likewise. Normally I'd agree with him, but if he's really looking to create a new team that can trust each other out in the field, he'd have to reveal his identity to them anyway at some point.

Of course, my view is that one or more of the recruits will likely not make it out of SC alive by season's end with the high odds of death, burnout, exile or a new stint on another SuperLoTFlarrowverse in their futures. So it's more than likely one or more of them will take GA's secret identity to the grave.

It would be fair to say re: S5 and the course correction that overall it is so far, so good. Always a chance of a relapse -- but until I see some actual proof of it in S5, we can't really take too much stock on some of the more knee-jerk bashing out there based solely on their previous seasons' track record. To be honest, it's the rest of his TV cousins where I'm starting to have concerns about re: maintaining quality, let alone surpassing it.

I think so far the show has demonstrated they they are making some effort to be more like the show it once was before the S3-S4 'shipper era'. (And I would say SA nixing any plans to be in that SG/Flash musical crossover will be proven as a wise decision. It may be fine for SG and Flash, but not Arrow in the season when they're taking care of business Bratva-style and wrapping up his five-year arc.)

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
        Of course, my view is that one or more of the recruits will likely not make it out of SC alive by season's end with the high odds of death, burnout, exile or a new stint on another SuperLoTFlarrowverse in their futures. So it's more than likely one or more of them will take GA's secret identity to the grave.

It would be fair to say re: S5 and the course correction that overall it is so far, so good. Always a chance of a relapse -- but until I see some actual proof of it in S5, we can't really take too much stock on some of the more knee-jerk bashing out there based solely on their previous seasons' track record. To be honest, it's the rest of his TV cousins where I'm starting to have concerns about re: maintaining quality, let alone surpassing it.

I think so far the show has demonstrated they they are making some effort to be more like the show it once was before the S3-S4 'shipper era'. (And I would say SA nixing any plans to be in that SG/Flash musical crossover will be proven as a wise decision. It may be fine for SG and Flash, but not Arrow in the season when they're taking care of business Bratva-style and wrapping up his five-year arc.)
        Let's hope so on one or more of the recruits either leave or take Oliver's secret to the grave. Especially if they are trying to go for "realism" back to season 1/2 again then it's only natural that most of the recruits either get burned out, killed or leave to another show. Especially since how they said even in 5x02, that Laurel wasn't trained like Oliver was for those 5 years and I enjoyed that part of you just can't become a vigilante over night.

Also for leaving for another show, I wouldn't mind if Curtis left for LoT or Flash.

Which glad to know I'm not the only one who is starting to be more concerned about Arrow's TV cousins. Which for me Flash is at the top of that list and Legends of Tomorrow I just don't watch anymore.

Yep on it being a good thing of no musical crossover, with Arrow.

Comment

Also for leaving for another show, I wouldn't mind if Curtis left for LoT or Flash.
          LoT and Flash already have a full cast, they are not dumbing grounds.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎