Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Flashpoint?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode, as usual. Only downfall for me was that it wasn't a three-hour episode.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
      I just wanted to add to my previous post, that I'm also a little confused as to how exactly Barry's memory loss works. He seems to remember that he's forgotten things. I don't quite think that's how that should work. It's like he's forgetting a single person at a time, but he still retains memories of events that person was part of. So does he just remember like, an inky black void where a person was, or what? They didn't really get into the memory loss thing very well, and personally, Barry seems like he would have wanted to lose the "bad" memories associated with the other Earth. He got what he wanted. A life where he doesn't have to put the people around him in danger, and he get's his parent's. Why is he holding onto the memories of the world that no longer exists. Why is he working to try to turn parts of the new Flashpoint world, into the world he remembered? Including suiting up and outing himself as the Flash.
      It appeared that every time he lost memories, there was some sort of physical manifestation as well. He would pause as if in pain from a headache. I assume what followed was him becoming disoriented and confused, unaware of how to reconcile now conflicting memories of his past. I would guess he knew what was happening because the more he tried to remember, the more confusing things were getting.

I also assume his regret over that was primarily due to his mounting guilt over what happened to Joe and Wally. The more he forgot, the less he could do to resolve the negative changes that resulted from his changing the past. It wasn't about him losing his memories as much as it was about the growing realization that his chance to be a hero one more time was coming to an end.

Comment

Sorry of this has already been brought up

When the Reverse Flash brought Barry back to the future, did he then go back, get stuck, take over Harrison Wells' body, so on and so forth? Cuz unless they explain why he did or did not, I consider that a HUGE plothole. Cuz if he didnt none of season 1 happened

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
          Does everyone honestly think that is the end of Flashpoint? the way I see it is he is still in an alternate universe with his mom still being dead. Eventually we will see the scene from that night his mom died again preventing Barry from stopping the murder.

Again with the Bio breaks and prisoner torture, how does the RF poop in that thing? So he was in that Reverse Flash suit for 3 months??
          Must be, cuz I just inquired about how the RF was able to bring Barry back to the future, without becoming Harrison Wells in the past.
          This season as a continuation of Flashpoint is a good explanation for the inconsistency

Comment

Originally posted by 134sc
            Sorry of this has already been brought up

When the Reverse Flash brought Barry back to the future, did he then go back, get stuck, take over Harrison Wells' body, so on and so forth? Cuz unless they explain why he did or did not, I consider that a HUGE plothole. Cuz if he didnt none of season 1 happened
            There were two Eobards. Presumably, one of them pulled the Wells trick. The other raced to the future and is free in either our present day or his present day, we don't know which.

To make it a tad more confusing, the show has given itself the option of retconning that based on what happens in episode 2, should they choose to do so. I doubt they will, though, because that would make things more convoluted and shows like this tend to reset closer to the vest. Most likely, the ultimate ramifications of Barry's time meddling will be that Eobard is alive and free and Iris and Joe don't speak, and maybe a few other differences that will be explained in no uncertain terms in episode 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
              There were two Eobards. Presumably, one of them pulled the Wells trick. The other raced to the future and is free in either our present day or his present day, we don't know which.

To make it a tad more confusing, the show has given itself the option of retconning that based on what happens in episode 2, should they choose to do so. I doubt they will, though, because that would make things more convoluted and shows like this tend to reset closer to the vest. Most likely, the ultimate ramifications of Barry's time meddling will be that Eobard is alive and free and Iris and Joe don't speak, and maybe a few other differences that will be explained in no uncertain terms in episode 2.
              How were there 2 Eobards? Seems as though 1 disapeared and the other killed Nora, then travelled back to the future. Or did i not see that right?

Comment

'Flashpoint' is a good episode. Barry get to see his parents alive again, even if only for one episode. At the end, he has to restore history to bring Wally West back, and he may not done a good job at it.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  Dagenspear, the other way of looking at Barry's decision is that he feels guilty about how Flashpoint has affected the lives of the Wests (Wally not being able to heal quickly is a contrived plot point, but whatever), so he decides to undo the FP timeline. The reason why I call it selfish is that he ruins a perfectly stable and peaceful timeline out of guilt and grief. Just like he did when he saved his mother at the end of season 2. There's a reason [SPOILER]Jay Garrick lectures him next week about his tendency to change the timeline everytime something goes wrong in his personal life.[/SPOILER] He plays God with everyone's lives because his goes wrong. That's selfish, IMO.

As for Barry's Speed Force lesson in 2.21, if he didn't truly learn it, then why did the Speed Force let him leave, acknowledging that he was ready? For me it would have been more realistic if after Henry's murder, he decided to go back and save him because he couldn't lose another parent like that. But he should have gotten over Nora's death for good.
                  Neither timelines were peaceful and stable. Yes, guilt is a factor. Oliver plays God all the time with people's lives and people praise his toxic garbage fire man ho murdering butt as cool. Neither timelines were real. The first attempt was to put it back to the way it should be. The 2nd was Barry realizing that he can't let others suffer for his parents lives. That's not selfish. Guilt or not. Because guilt is the only way we can determine ourselves being wrong for what we do, otherwise Barry would be a sociopath. The lesson from Jay was that Barry simply can't ever put it back to the way it was, so he needs to stop. Things will always be different. Barry didn't understand that. The sf let him go, because it's not an all knowing all seeing being that knows the ins and outs of every decision Barry will make. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎